Votes: 77 44.0%
  • Call in the Donald

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Call in Noel Edmonds

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • I don't care anymore

Votes: 37 21.1%

• Total voters
That would assume all of the ex Tory and DUP voting with him as well wouldn't it?

I believe that the calculation assumes all of the ex Tories voting for it, but not the DUP.

He needs 320; he's got 287 MPs. There are 23 ex-Tories who were either expelled or left.

If he gets all of those, then he needs 10 other votes.
There's 3-4 of the other independents who are broadly pro-Brexit....but then again, there's 3-4 of those ex-Tories that are probably going to stick it to him. So yeah, 10-15 Labour votes is probably a good estimate. May got five, so BoJo will likely have to at least double that.

It's going to be close. He could do with more EU leaders coming out with similar rhetoric to Juncker.

And read up on what British Democracy is which is a Parliamentary Democracy.

Parliament is having less and less of a say and it is now a settlement by law instead. The type of democracy we have been used to has been seriously eroded by all the law suits.

I believe that the calculation assumes all of the ex Tories voting for it, but not the DUP.

He needs 320; he's got 287 MPs. There are 23 ex-Tories who were either expelled or left.

If he gets all of those, then he needs 10 other votes.
There's 3-4 of the other independents who are broadly pro-Brexit....but then again, there's 3-4 of those ex-Tories that are probably going to stick it to him. So yeah, 10-15 Labour votes is probably a good estimate. May got five, so BoJo will likely have to at least double that.

It's going to be close. He could do with more EU leaders coming out with similar rhetoric to Juncker.
I have heard a couple of Labour MPs suggest in the last few weeks that they wished that they had voted for the May deal. Now on the basis that a lot of Labour MPs are hardly fans of Corbyn, then a few more may vote for this deal.
IF the vote goes against Boris goodness knows what will happen next? Could Parliament vote for a referendum?

Some of the whipless Tories (phwoar ;) ) have been having talking with the Tories Chief Whip about voting for the deal and getting the Whip back, so clearly there are some things happening in the background. A few Labour MPs are intending to vote for it, so it'll be interesting to see how many go across the floor to vote for it - let's not forget Caroline Flint's recent letter to the EU about Brexit.

It will be very, very close tomorrow. It's not a perfect deal but can we all just move on now?

To hear Corbyn prattle on about workers right - they are not part of this deal apparently and never were, so his comments are a nice straw man.

If the vote goes against Boris then it gets far more time bound both legally and politically.

There has to be a pragmatic solution to the entire malaise, nobody is going to come out of this with 100% satisfaction. Just read back through the 170+ pages.

It doesn`t need to go back to "the people"as a referendum because we might fudge it up again! It should come to us as a GE after the hurdle is cleared.

I would then imagine a lot of Labour MP`s are looking over their shoulders at a potential Election in fairly sharp order and looking at the front bench thinking they need to make a tough choice. Especially those in constituencies that voted to Leave, those traditional Labour areas.

Its reaching the end game........ tick tock.

By definition no-one is left completely happy when there's compromise.

Boris has exceded (my admittedly low) expectations.

If it does go through then I'm sure I won't be the only one left wondering what the point of it all was.

Johnson doesn't get his way with the "vote for my deal vs no deal attempt" after Oliver Letwin's amendment. This paves the way for an extension to better scrutinise the deal and possible a referendum on the deal vs Remain.

Can`t be doing with that, it would be wide open to legal challenges akin to the Millers of the world on the opposite side of the spectrum, cue another 3+ years of can kicking.

Better all round that Parliament does what it does and, if needed, a GE goes ahead and the respective parties nail their colours to the mast.

Can`t be doing with that, it would be wide open to legal challenges akin to the Millers of the world on the opposite side of the spectrum, cue another 3+ years of can kicking.

Better all round that Parliament does what it does and, if needed, a GE goes ahead and the respective parties nail their colours to the mast.

Yes they can if they create the legislation correctly.

So the referendum options, to respect the original result, should be:

Leave: With this deal.
Leave: With no deal.

Yep, like that..... ? (y)

That isn't going to happen I think, remain will be part of it should the Referendum happen based on who will likely be proposing it. If Johnson tried to pre-empt without remain then an amendment would be put forward to include it or no deal vs deal amendment wouldn't pass.

"Court of Appeal judges have rejected a bid by civil rights campaigners for an urgent hearing of their case against Prime Minister Boris Johnson over Brexit.

The group, Liberty, brought the case in an attempt to ensure the government complied with the Benn Act - the law passed by MPs last month preventing a no-deal Brexit on 31 October.

Lord Burnett says the judges will give full reasons for their decision in writing at a later date."

Another obstacle pushed out of the way??

"Court of Appeal judges have rejected a bid by civil rights campaigners for an urgent hearing of their case against Prime Minister Boris Johnson over Brexit.

The group, Liberty, brought the case in an attempt to ensure the government complied with the Benn Act - the law passed by MPs last month preventing a no-deal Brexit on 31 October.

Lord Burnett says the judges will give full reasons for their decision in writing at a later date."

Another obstacle pushed out of the way??
Was it that Jolyon idiot again? He's gone from passionate to manically obsessed with Boris. Kind of sad really.

I can't help but think the DUP may have overplayed their hand a bit, especially in light of these comments from David Trimble:

Having seen some Remainers on TV today, there is a definite feeling of panic and uncertainty because nobody thought Boris and his team would get near a deal with the EU.

I can only reiterate. Let's get this vote done, let's positively engage with the EU on the future and take some of the pressure we all feel in the UK about bloody Brexit. It's too nasty and divided.

1571400813656.png

Closely followed by.................

"Lawyers for the Speaker of the House of Commons have written to the parties involved in a Brexit court case in Edinburgh warning that they should not interfere in parliamentary business.
Anti-Brexit campaigners are seeking to show that Boris Johnson’s exit deal is unlawful, which might prevent MPs debating the issue at a special sitting tomorrow.
But the government’s lawyer, Gerry Moynihan QC, revealed that he had a letter sent on John Bercow's behalf, raising concern about the proper separation of the powers of the courts and Parliament.
The letter said the court should not make any order stopping debate of any matter before Parliament."

Tick tock.....

View attachment 2279

Closely followed by.................

"Lawyers for the Speaker of the House of Commons have written to the parties involved in a Brexit court case in Edinburgh warning that they should not interfere in parliamentary business.
Anti-Brexit campaigners are seeking to show that Boris Johnson’s exit deal is unlawful, which might prevent MPs debating the issue at a special sitting tomorrow.
But the government’s lawyer, Gerry Moynihan QC, revealed that he had a letter sent on John Bercow's behalf, raising concern about the proper separation of the powers of the courts and Parliament.
The letter said the court should not make any order stopping debate of any matter before Parliament."

Tick tock.....
That's a rare one for Bercow, but it shows the sheer desperation from some Remainers to take the Brexit vote and remove it from history because they don't like it.

Back
Top Bottom