Votes: 77 44.0%
  • Call in the Donald

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Call in Noel Edmonds

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • I don't care anymore

Votes: 37 21.1%

• Total voters
We Just Wanna Leave. We can't explain what the benefits will be, we don't have a plan to do it, but we don't like foreigns!
Well once it's all done and dusted you'll have 2 choices. 1) rename to 'Black cab', or 2) get out you NY transport vehicle. ?

I think you'll find places like Bournemouth have yellow taxis, so perhaps they'll have to move their instead?

No Deal will be a disaster. Boris Johnson sound like (and appeal to) a crowd ranting about foreigners outside a Wetherspoons after closing time. no wonder you're so impressed.

In the grander scheme of things No Deal will be a bump in the road.
Business will be the shock absorber to that, trade will carry on.
Its needed on both sides and the politicians wont get in the way.
1570537876652.png

Source: https://fullfact.org/europe/uk-eu-trade/

Give or take a few quid we pay £13.2 billion to the EU, we "get back" £4.3 billion. Back of fag packet that is £8.9 billion (less things we are committed to) that won`t be going to the EU and will be available for this country.
There`s a start....................

I’m actually starting to warm to a no deal now, just because it will take weeks, let alone months or even years, for those advocating it to realise what an absolute disaster it is.

Bring it on. Let’s all burn together.

So looks like - as expected - Deal is off the table.

What should happen next:
Johnson and Corbyn put their heads together and make a deal that a) Boris requests a three month extension from the EU, and b) Jeremy agrees to a General Election before the end of the year. BoJo then campaigns in favour of a No Deal Brexit in January, the Lib Dems campaign in favour of revoking Article 50, Labour do whatever they do, and the British people elect a government to make a Brexit decision, this time with a much better (although still incomplete) idea of what it means.

What will happen next:
With this government, and this parliament? God knows. But I bet there'll be lots of shouting.

True I'm afraid and abhorrent in the extreme.

Anybody care to explain the thinking behind this and why LeaveEU thought this was a good idea?

Actually, don't bother because this coupled with their "breaking point" poster released just before the Referendum makes it plainly obvious what their thought process was. It's populism pure and simple, it's the them and us, divide and conquer attitude that has got us so deep into this mire in the first place...and why I've said from the start that a significant proportion of the population are being played.

I dare say there are far more people who would subscribe to the view that we didn't win two world wars to be pushed around by twats like Johnson, Cummings and Farage...but hey-ho

So looks like - as expected - Deal is off the table.

What should happen next:
Johnson and Corbyn put their heads together and make a deal that a) Boris requests a three month extension from the EU, and b) Jeremy agrees to a General Election before the end of the year. BoJo then campaigns in favour of a No Deal Brexit in January, the Lib Dems campaign in favour of revoking Article 50, Labour do whatever they do, and the British people elect a government to make a Brexit decision, this time with a much better (although still incomplete) idea of what it means.

What will happen next:
With this government, and this parliament? God knows. But I bet there'll be lots of shouting.

No extension, we`ve already had 3+ years of fudging around and arguments that have created the divisive & hostile atmosphere that exists.
Get it done, on the 31st then call an election.
Torys campaign - we delivered it and will deliver more.
Liberals (can`t call them Democrats) campaign - Back in.
Labour campaign - In/Out shake it all about.
Brexit Party - Dead duck, toodle pip, served their purpose.

Landslide Tory win. ✅

For adopting a party policy to throw the votes of 17.4 million straight back in their faces.
Remember there was vote given to the people by a Parliamentary majority that must be respected or democracy is dead.
By all means campaign for rejoining & another vote but after the result of our democratic choice is delivered.

For adopting a party policy to throw the votes of 17.4 million straight back in their faces.
Remember there was vote given to the people by a Parliamentary majority that must be respected or democracy is dead.
By all means campaign for rejoining & another vote but after the result of our democratic choice is delivered.
So they are undemocratic because they are saying 'if you vote for us, we will change course from something only about a third of the current elegible electorate voted for'? You have a very odd definition of what democracy is. If there was an election, they got into power with that stated aim, and then stopped Brexit, that is democracy in action.

The whole point to democracy is for the electorate to change direction should they wish.

Absolute tosh!

Taking an ADVISORY referendum an enshrining it's result into law without actually explaining to anyone how the outcome of the referendum was to be delivered has done far more damage to democracy.
The Govt agreeing a plan with the EU on how it was to be delivered and then failing to get enough support from our own parliament to actually enact it has done more to kill democracy.
Knee-jerk bonkers no-deal extremism currently being pursued by our government, for which they have absolutely no mandate by a Prime Minister who has absolutely no mandate from the people to be PM and a minority government with even less credibility which has been proven by the Supreme Court to have acted unlawfully has done more to kill democracy.

IF (and it is a mighty big if) Brexit is still the will of the people, the government should tell us their plans to deliver it and put it back to the people - what have brexiteers got to loose? If no deal is the choice of the Government, then let them have the balls to say it to the electorate and let them decide if that's a wise path to take.

And finally, you know full well that re-entry to the EU after we've given this no-deal lark a go is an absolute non-starter. For a start I would be surprised if they'd have us back after the bile being spouted from No10 and secondly, we would NEVER have as favorable terms as we enjoy now.

And I am still yet to hear HOW EU Exit will be beneficial to anyone but those who make money from the misfortune of others and those that don't like paying tax on their fortunes.

So they are undemocratic because they are saying 'if you vote for us, we will change course from something only about a third of the current elegible electorate voted for'? You have a very odd definition of what democracy is. If there was an election, they got into power with that stated aim, and then stopped Brexit, that is democracy in action.

The whole point to democracy is for the electorate to change direction should they wish.

No I`m saying their policy is the polar opposite to what the people voted for in , to quote the leaflet that went to every home, "a once in a lifetime opportunity" and the same leaflet that said "The Government will implement your decision".

You can argue semantics about "how many voted" , everyone had the same opportunity, of course the "establishment" thought it would be a walk in the park...

Suffice to say about the Lib "Dems" ............................. A: They will never get into power. B: 17.4 million will never vote for them.

Absolute tosh!

Taking an ADVISORY referendum an enshrining it's result into law without actually explaining to anyone how the outcome of the referendum was to be delivered has done far more damage to democracy.
The Govt agreeing a plan with the EU on how it was to be delivered and then failing to get enough support from our own parliament to actually enact it has done more to kill democracy.
Knee-jerk bonkers no-deal extremism currently being pursued by our government, for which they have absolutely no mandate by a Prime Minister who has absolutely no mandate from the people to be PM and a minority government with even less credibility which has been proven by the Supreme Court to have acted unlawfully has done more to kill democracy.

IF (and it is a mighty big if) Brexit is still the will of the people, the government should tell us their plans to deliver it and put it back to the people - what have brexiteers got to loose? If no deal is the choice of the Government, then let them have the balls to say it to the electorate and let them decide if that's a wise path to take.

And finally, you know full well that re-entry to the EU after we've given this no-deal lark a go is an absolute non-starter. For a start I would be surprised if they'd have us back after the bile being spouted from No10 and secondly, we would NEVER have as favorable terms as we enjoy now.

And I am still yet to hear HOW EU Exit will be beneficial to anyone but those who make money from the misfortune of others and those that don't like paying tax on their fortunes.

I refer you to that leaflet that went to every home.
We don`t elect PM`s.
Despite being a minority Government there hasn`t been any effort to remove them.
If Brexit is still the will of the people? I`ll refer you to the EU elections.
Re-entry? Why not? It only took 40 years for a second vote. We last voted to remain in the EEC...if you can`t see the difference...

Tick tock............. Parliament are having a Saturday sitting....no idea what for. (y)

And you are happy that an advisory referendum which, had it been binding, would have been overturned due to the way it was conducted, will set our political and economic direction of travel for a generation and probably longer?

I'm not! - We deserve much better from our democracy and I am concerned that anyone who holds democracy in such high esteem is prepared to be so ambivalent to the way it is conducted on such important issues.

Democracy is a living thing and does not stop at a time of your or anyone else's choosing.

No I`m saying their policy is the polar opposite to what the people voted for in , to quote the leaflet that went to every home, "a once in a lifetime opportunity" and the same leaflet that said "The Government will implement your decision".

You can argue semantics about "how many voted" , everyone had the same opportunity, of course the "establishment" thought it would be a walk in the park...

Suffice to say about the Lib "Dems" ............................. A: They will never get into power. B: 17.4 million will never vote for them.
As you are conveniently ignoring, democracy is giving an option for people to vote on, and if you get enough votes, you do it. That is exactly what the Lib Dems are doing.

You are the one quoting 17.4Mil, and you are also saying that all of those 17.4Mil will never vote LD. You don't know that. Nobody does, until its tested out. That's democracy.

I don't think that the Lib Dems will get in for what it's worth, but I support their right to take any stance they want and put it to the people. That's how democracy works.

As you are conveniently ignoring, democracy is giving an option for people to vote on, and if you get enough votes, you do it. That is exactly what the Lib Dems are doing.

You are the one quoting 17.4Mil, and you are also saying that all of those 17.4Mil will never vote LD. You don't know that. Nobody does, until its tested out. That's democracy.

I don't think that the Lib Dems will get in for what it's worth, but I support their right to take any stance they want and put it to the people. That's how democracy works.
All hypothetical, democracy will finally prevail after only 22 more sleeps as we exit the putrid EU Mafia.

All hypothetical, democracy will finally prevail after only 22 more sleeps as we exit the putrid EU Mafia.
My fear is democracy will return a result that doesn't allow a majority for either Remain or Leave, and we are stuck paralysed again...

Back
Top Bottom