Votes: 77 44.0%
  • Call in the Donald

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Call in Noel Edmonds

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • I don't care anymore

Votes: 37 21.1%

• Total voters
As for this talk of a coup. Unnecessarily shrill and inflammatory and only going to make people even more angry and tired than they already are. Cut it out FFS

Cos trying to shut down others opinions (no matter how "shrill") is really going to sooth tempers.

This I don't understand. The exchange rate has been talked about so much that anyone going abroad would have had plenty of advice as to when to buy. I have a credit card (Halifax) that doesn't charge for foreign currency useage and always gets the best current rate. We plan ahead and buy the currency required in good time, some flexibility if the exchange rate is forecast to improve or decline.

You're right, you don't understand.

Regardless of how cannily you shop around you will get less for your money than you would have. This is inarguable fact.

You're right, you don't understand.

Regardless of how cannily you shop around you will get less for your money than you would have. This is inarguable fact.
Then why not buy in advance. After all, everyone knows we are all going to hell in a hand cart. We all knew that the moment the referendum result was known surely?

Having an opinion is fine, unnecessary panic mongering is not.
Don’t buy the bluff. Here’s the truth about no-deal Brexit

In addition, do you think Rees-Mogg is more qualified than the consultant neurologist involved in no deal planning on medical shortages? Doctor dares 'muppet' Rees-Mogg to report him after no-deal clash

All I know is it’s annoying going on holiday and trying to get foreign currency when the pound has plummeted so much
Its made buying original records from outlets in USA and mainland Europe especially, even more pricey with GBP sterling very low in exchange rates with US dollars and Euros :cautious:

Then why not buy in advance. After all, everyone knows we are all going to hell in a hand cart. We all knew that the moment the referendum result was known surely?

Unlike (apparently) most I'll happily admit that I can't predict the future.

Glib dismissal of people's concerns pisses me off though.

Don’t buy the bluff. Here’s the truth about no-deal Brexit

In addition, do you think Rees-Mogg is more qualified than the consultant neurologist involved in no deal planning on medical shortages? Doctor dares 'muppet' Rees-Mogg to report him after no-deal clash

A consultant neurologist will not have the foggiest clue as to how his medicines/kit/staff are put in place in normal times let alone at others.
In the background the Procurement team at his hospital will have already done a self assessment and RAG rating for every single supplier of goods and services and their (the suppliers) plans to deal with all options.

I know that for a fact............ its the day job. (y)

So presumably you have RAG'd each medicine based on current sourcing and procurement, according to likely Brexit outcomes and you will know which ones are at greatest risk in terms of supply...yes?

You will also of course as part of that scenario planning have identified the mitigation measures to make sure those risks do not materialise...true?

And you will have an idea of the cost of those extra measure too..is that the case?

And presumably that will be additional cost to that of existing supply routes...or will it save the NHS money?

Are you saying that DOH and NHS England are saying something different in their scenario planning to the consultant neurologist in question and are you saying that Govt and NHS NHS e asked the wrong people to do that work (which for most affected government departments has been going on for the best part of 18 months with direct comms between all parties often on a daily or greater basis)?...if so, someone ought to ask them really and clear up the mess, so that we're all clear and agree where the risks are....Then we can stop brushing it off as project fear.

Refusal by MPs to accept No Deal as a possibility is ideologically useless. If the EU know we will accept ANY deal, why would they give us a good deal? They are all playing party politics and trying to put themselves in a good position post no-deal, if there are problems they can win favour by saying "I told you so."

Revoking article 50 would say a terrible thing about democracy in Europe. A much worse thing than proroguing Parliament. The EU would possess the same mantra as the mafia: Once you join, you can never leave.

If we revoke article 50, they will see victory and press ahead with expansion. It's all a bit depressing. We just joined a common market and now look, power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

And yet, holding up an advisory referendum result which, had it been binding, would have been thrown out as illegal as the sacrosanct bastion of democracy is OK?

Really??

I for one said several pages (and months) ago now, that I would happily accept the result of a binding referendum where any claim made by either side of the debate has been independently verified before it is made.

So now we've had the opinion poll, let's have a proper binding vote.

So presumably you have RAG'd each medicine based on current sourcing and procurement, according to likely Brexit outcomes and you will know which ones are at greatest risk in terms of supply...yes?

Yes. We`ve had 3 years to do it although the central format/organisation took sometime to materialise.

You will also of course as part of that scenario planning have identified the mitigation measures to make sure those risks do not materialise...true?

True. Mitigation is not an exact science.

And you will have an idea of the cost of those extra measure too..is that the case?

Yes. The majority of our contracts are fixed term and include force majeure.

And presumably that will be additional cost to that of existing supply routes...or will it save the NHS money?

Yes there will be, in certain supply routes, additional cost.
However it has also forced the NHS to look at how it works collaboratively which ties in with the Carter report.
The NHS doesn`t "do" national purchasing but that is changing with the creation of category towers and larger scale pricing agreements that Trusts can join.

Are you saying that DOH and NHS England are saying something different in their scenario planning to the consultant neurologist in question and are you saying that Govt and NHS NHS e asked the wrong people to do that work (which for most affected government departments has been going on for the best part of 18 months with direct comms between all parties often on a daily or greater basis)?...if so, someone ought to ask them really and clear up the mess, so that we're all clear and agree where the risks are....Then we can stop brushing it off as project fear.

I said the consultant neurologist probably doesn`t even know who does his hospitals procurement now or in the future. He said himself that "some of the drugs may be in short supply".

Disruption to supply happens fairly often for a wide range of reasons.
The most recent major incident was in 2012 when there was a 5.1 magnitude earthquake in Italy that almost wiped out Sorin, Covidien & Gambro and their supply of Cardiac/ITU/ECMO kit.
Lots of Trusts were in the same boat but we worked together with UK suppliers to overcome the problems.
No operations were cancelled and no patients suffered any detriment because of it & I would say it had a more shocking impact than Brexit due to the lack of planning, that has changed greatly as the lesson was learnt!

I`ve said it before in this "debate" that business (£££££`s) will overcome any issues. Yes there will be bumps in the road, some local difficulties but it won`t be an overnight apocalypse.

Refusal by MPs to accept No Deal as a possibility is ideologically useless. If the EU know we will accept ANY deal, why would they give us a good deal? They are all playing party politics and trying to put themselves in a good position post no-deal, if there are problems they can win favour by saying "I told you so."

Revoking article 50 would say a terrible thing about democracy in Europe. A much worse thing than proroguing Parliament. The EU would possess the same mantra as the mafia: Once you join, you can never leave.

If we revoke article 50, they will see victory and press ahead with expansion. It's all a bit depressing. We just joined a common market and now look, power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Stop talking sense.

The only appropriate response to recent events is:

BoJO oUT, theYrE StealInG My deMOCracy, thiS is lIKE thE rISe of The naZIS, kIlL the gAmMOns, #stopTHECoup

These are, hopefully, the final throes of desperation for perhaps the most embarrassing political losers in modern times.

31 October 2019 please hurry up ?

So now we've had the opinion poll, let's have a proper binding vote.

We had a referendum. Parliament agreed to it, agreed to the question to be asked and triggered Article 50.

The reality is that society has forgotten that there are winners & losers and that the majority wins.
We spend too much time flagging people with a difference & pandering to minorities.
? (y)

Stop talking sense.

The only appropriate response to recent events is:

BoJO oUT, theYrE StealInG My deMOCracy, thiS is lIKE thE rISe of The naZIS, kIlL the gAmMOns, #stopTHECoup

These are, hopefully, the final throes of desperation for perhaps the most embarrassing political losers in modern times.

31 October 2019 please hurry up ?

This is the saddest thing for me, the complete absence of rationale and logic from the debate. The level of vitriol from those on both sides is ridiculous.

Konnie Huq yesterday: Would you still vote for Brexit if it meant they'd chop your heads off? This is a dangerous and pointless comparison.

I believe a lot of the reason people are attacking the current UK Government and making it into a game of heroes vs villains is because there is a total lack of understanding of how the EU operates, the expansion plan or how they pushed through the Maastricht and Lisbon Treaties.

I do not blame people for this though, the EU is deliberately complicated to try and stop the common man from seeing what they are doing. I think we should leave but I feel no resentment towards Remainers.

Cos trying to shut down others opinions (no matter how "shrill") is really going to sooth tempers.
Shouting and protesting about a Coup is not debating or engaging the other side, it's implying that an illegal Govt is in place. It's not. It's absolutely shrill and irrelevant.

It's also a snide bit of Remainer language to imply the vote to leave and the Govt doing it are illegitimate and illegal when they are not, and to shut down a debate on what that Govt is doing to get a deal.

So let me get this clear.

Boris says he doesn’t want a GE, but really he does.

Corbyn says he wants a GE, but really he doesn’t.

Back
Top Bottom