National News The Brexit Thread πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Ί

Soon to be released:

"ONS: total UK exports of goods increased by Β£2.2bn (7.4%) in April 2022 v March 2022, driven by Β£1.2bn (8.1%) increase in exports to EU, which increased for 3rd consecutive month. Now at highest levels since records began."

**caveat - short time frame but................. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
The weaker pound had some benefits I suppose but I wonder if this is to do with the increased quantity of liquefied natural gas going to Europe via the UK storage facilities.

Shouldn’t be surprised at gullible old Tory boys voting for what they read in the daily mail instead of securing their offspring’s future I suppose.

8B4473B0-1975-439C-A31F-5E06AEBA4DF6.jpeg
On holiday and came across this headline.
Seems that many of the issues we are encountering,are not exclusive to Brexit Britain.
( I know we’ve excluded a large labour pool)

Are they also stopping people who want to work in their country from doing so?

You just need a visa/work permit, they want to know who you are and the like - sound familiar? πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ :)

they want to know who you are and the like - sound familiar? πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ :)

You mean like we could have done while we were still in the EU, but chose not to despite having passport controls.

This is Minette Batters the president of the National Farmers' Union of England and Wales.

A little known fact is that @Essexyellows knows more about the negative impact Brexit is having on our farmers than she does! Which is nice.

Could be worse..........

EU countries "shutting down" 30% of farms....

And Poland/Italy............

All rosey in the EU garden... πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

The basic problem is we (the consumer) have got used to cheap food for too long.
That price reduction gets passed back down the line to the producer and that is wrong and is as much caused by globalisation/"big corps" as anything else.

EDIT: Add Spain to the list...........

Last edited:
How do

Could be worse..........

EU countries "shutting down" 30% of farms....

And Poland/Italy............

All rosey in the EU garden... πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

The basic problem is we (the consumer) have got used to cheap food for too long.
That price reduction gets passed back down the line to the producer and that is wrong and is as much caused by globalisation/"big corps" as anything else.

EDIT: Add Spain to the list...........
How do you manage to win squirrel of the week EVERY BLOODY WEEK??!

The UK's problems are the self inflicted consequence of a Brexit that only has downsides and no upsides.

And the week's winning false equivalent is, drum roll. πŸ₯πŸ₯πŸ₯......

The EU is introducing changes to try to help stem the tide of climate change. Enjoy the fine weather over the next few days. πŸŒžπŸŒžπŸŒžπŸ˜“πŸ˜“πŸ˜“

Back
Top Bottom