National News The Brexit Thread 🇬🇧🇪🇺

So can you give say six examples of things we have been forced to do against our will that have been bad for the country. Given we were in the EU for over 40 years I'd imagine you've got a list as long as your arm.
Cost of the EU 15 billion a year
Inefficient policies
Problems with the Euro
Pressure towards austerity
Net migration
More bureaucracy less democracy

We probably better leave NATO, WHO, WTO, ECHR, UN, in fact the UK is involved with around 14,000 international treaties.
If we could manage 10 referendums a year, we could keep Nigel Farage on TV for the next millennia and a half!!
Sorry but we’re part of NATO and no they don’t tell us what to do
WHO are there for the health of the world.
WTO is for the world granted the Eu are different from them.
ECHR do we have problems with human rights?
The UN was formed at the end of WW2 to try and keep the peace.
These are different from the EU. And now there is some daft b****r EU MP trying to for a euro army, what a load of crap

• Haha
Reactions: Ian
Inefficient policies
Problems with the Euro
Net migration
That’s only 1 & that should be net cost of 9 billion

Sorry but we’re part of NATO and no they don’t tell us what to do
WHO are there for the health of the world.
WTO is for the world granted the Eu are different from them.
ECHR do we have problems with human rights?
The UN was formed at the end of WW2 to try and keep the peace.
These are different from the EU. And now there is some daft b****r EU MP trying to for a euro army, what a load of crap
All of the organisations above are structured in exactly the same way as the EU. All heads of state meet up a few times a year to decide on an agenda, then appointed personal from each country administrator those decisions.

NATO is effectively an European army + American.

If you’re in favour of being a NATO member then what’s the difference?

You must be one of the few people left to believe the side of the bus Brexit bullshit.
Inefficient policies
That's not an answer. What policies and why are they ineffective?
Problems with the Euro
Were not in the Euro!🤣🤣🤣
What pressure? Our chancellor set spend and tax policies.
Net migration
Oh, immigrants. I think we might be getting somewhere now.
Given the situation now unfolding this was a plus of being in the EU.
Passing over the fact that democracy requires bureaucracy, Brexit is proving far more bureaucratic.

Inefficient policies
Problems with the Euro
Net migration
We weren't in the euro bazzer
And do you mean immigration? And did you realise that kicking all these immigrants out would mean we can't stock our supermarkets or fuel stations, and even potentially our health care system?
And have you seen the bureaucracy involved in importing or exploring goods now?

• React
I chose my vote because I don’t want other countries telling us what we can and can’t do
Yeah much better to have Rupert Murdoch or whoever is really in charge of the country this week telling us what we can and can't do.

We weren't in the euro bazzer
And do you mean immigration? And did you realise that kicking all these immigrants out would mean we can't stock our supermarkets or fuel stations, and even potentially our health care system?
And have you seen the bureaucracy involved in importing or exploring goods now?
I know we weren’t in the euro and thank god we weren’t we’ve not kicked out immigrants they were given every opportunity to apply for status to remain in the U.K.. as regards the immigrants coming Uber on the boats that’s a different kettle of fish.
Regarding fuel we have plenty what we don’t have are HGV drivers to work for pittance in their field of work.
Goods are here what isn’t it wasn’t here was carbon dioxide for the packaging which is down to soaring energy prices that’s why the government stepped in and paid an American form to start producing carbon dioxide. We can’t control the prices set by the energy companies.

• Haha
immigrants they were given every opportunity to apply for status to remain in the U.K.
Mate, they chose not to apply. They have enough work in the EU.
Regarding fuel we have plenty what we don’t have are HGV drivers
And I'm sure we won't have a shortfall of turkeys at Christmas the problem is they will be heading for the incineration, and there will be plenty of veg only it will be rotting in the fields.

• React
Mate, they chose not to apply. They have enough work in the EU.

And I'm sure we won't have a shortfall of turkeys at Christmas the problem is they will be heading for the incineration, and there will be plenty of veg only it will be rotting in the fields.
If you haven’t seen it yet the government habe announced 3 month visas for 5,000 HGV drivers and 5,500 for pickers

• Haha
If you haven’t seen it yet the government habe announced 3 month visas for 5,000 HGV drivers and 5,500 for pickers
People in the business are already saying it's not nearly enough. It's lip service for the likes of you I'm afraid.

And you really think these lorry drivers want to spend a second Christmas stuck in Kent. Remember how we treated them last year?

Last edited:
  • React
Back
Top Bottom