National News The Brexit Thread 🇬🇧🇪🇺

Very good article.

NI was always going to be the fly in the ointment.
The solution is incredibly complex or simple.
Either try and make the GFA & EU deal "fit" or just ignore the paperwork & checks.....

Very good article.
👍
Particularly liked this bit...

The paper "reads like a client's submission to their divorce lawyer — full of blame-shifting, faux sadness and passive aggression," Winters and Michael Gasiorek of the UK Trade Policy Observatory wrote in a blog on Thursday.

Forgotten? You're being kind.
Well known fact that everyone who works for the NHS is crap with numbers as well as budgets :sneaky:

Hence why the Tories are so keen to "streamline" and make it "efficent" aka hiving off lucrative bits to your mates/highest bidders🎣

We used to employ thousands in factories and coal mines, do you not think employment types change over time?

A simple example for you- more people shop online so shops require less retail space but need more folk working in big sheds or driving vans delivering said stuff.

In other news, things like coal fired power stations are being demolished - the folk who work there either move to cleaner energy plants or don`t.

And just to throw a cherry on the cake: https://fullfact.org/economy/more-people-work-brexit-vote/

We used to employ thousands in factories and coal mines, do you not think employment types change over time?

A simple example for you- more people shop online so shops require less retail space but need more folk working in big sheds or driving vans delivering said stuff.

In other news, things like coal fired power stations are being demolished - the folk who work there either move to cleaner energy plants or don`t.

And just to throw a cherry on the cake: https://fullfact.org/economy/more-people-work-brexit-vote/
One day you'll address the point in question rather that simply distract.

There is a difference between a job going for ever and a job moving to the EU.

One day you'll address the point in question rather that simply distract.

There is a difference between a job going for ever and a job moving to the EU.

Employment has, and all ways will be, fluid.

Let us try a simpler equation..... we went through a period of cheap EU labour driving down salaries and then, thanks to a combination of Brexit & Covid, a lot of them packed up and went home.

So you are left with a choice, increase the salary & conditions or not have the staff.

I would have thought a liberal like yourself would welcome the improvement in salaries and conditions unlike the market-driven forces of cheap labour? :)

Employment has, and all ways will be, fluid.

Let us try a simpler equation..... we went through a period of cheap EU labour driving down salaries and then, thanks to a combination of Brexit & Covid, a lot of them packed up and went home.

So you are left with a choice, increase the salary & conditions or not have the staff.

I would have thought a liberal like yourself would welcome the improvement in salaries and conditions unlike the market-driven forces of cheap labour? :)
So long as the retailers, hauliers and manufacturers are all taking their fair share of the hit on the chin, in order to pay for these better salaries which raises cost. I would hate for the consumer to get stung for the bill exclusively via higher prices, thus leaving those with the least money with a more expensive cost of living while those higher up the chain don’t suffer at all, creating an even wider wealth divide in the process. So long as we have a liberal and socially-responsible government keen on ensuring this isn’t the case, it should be fine.

Now, help me find my pants. It appears I’m not wearing any.

Even if these people ARE east Europeans I assume there's a point to that post? Perhaps you could explain?

In my opinion it looks a mess, and scruffy, and group of people with no scruples. No care for anyone in there street or there neighbours.

It looks up north judging by the poor terraced housing, but I for one wouldn’t want that on my door step. Perhaps you would appreciate it, and jump in the pool with them if they were your neighbours..

These people are probably the kind that have to dig a hole in the grass back home to take a dump.

Anyway, how do you feel about our transfer activity this summer, I’ve not seen you comment there, so thought I’d ask for your thoughts…

So long as the retailers, hauliers and manufacturers are all taking their fair share of the hit on the chin, in order to pay for these better salaries which raises cost. I would hate for the consumer to get stung for the bill exclusively via higher prices, thus leaving those with the least money with a more expensive cost of living while those higher up the chain don’t suffer at all, creating an even wider wealth divide in the process. So long as we have a liberal and socially-responsible government keen on ensuring this isn’t the case, it should be fine.

Now, help me find my pants. It appears I’m not wearing any.

We all "pay" one way or the other.

It`s either a cumulative amount of pennies on goods or a cumulative amount of taxation to fund things like Universal Credit so the people earning peanuts can eat.

The wealthy have always, and will always, been able to avoid paying "more" that genie is long out of the bottle.

Back
Top Bottom