National News The Brexit Thread 🇬🇧🇪🇺

Now that we’ve won Covid I guess we might as well fire this one up again for more healthy debate as we take back control with our “oven ready deal”.

Appears according to Frost and Barnier that things aren’t going so well... just game playing from both sides before a last minute deal or are we about to walk off into the sunset and hope the 164 members of the WTO agree we can trade on those rules from 01/01/2021?

Out of interest, for those for Brexit... with the national debt revealed today, recession, lack of (public) progress on trade deals with anyone and Covid would you be for an extension?
Logic would suggest we extend.
But we then extend the uncertainty for trade & business and still with no guarantee of a “deal”.
Some say that with all economic indicators at zero or below, then the only way is upwards-so therefore 01/01/21 is on.

Last edited:
I don't think we can extend the deal any longer as the Govt dropped some clause that allowed this to rumble on. Someone will on here soon to correct me on that!

According to Barnier it feels like they are going backwards......................

Frost countered by saying that the EU still wasn’t treating the U.K. as an equal sovereign partner and was demanding too much that went beyond a regular trade deal.

“When the EU accepts this reality in all areas of the negotiation, it will be much easier to make progress,” he said.

The U.K. initially wanted a deal by the summer, while the EU has seen a summit of European leaders in mid-October as a hard deadline. But Barnier raised the prospect of negotiations going on longer than that -- even if they were unlikely to succeed.

“Any delay beyond the end of October would put a serious risk onto the outcome of this process,” he said. “I do not understand why we are wasting valuable time.”

Hold hard and see who blinks first, the world is changing.

According to Barnier it feels like they are going backwards......................

"Any delay beyond the end of October would put a serious risk onto the outcome of this process,” he said. “I do not understand why we are wasting valuable time.”

In short, EU to UK: Tick-Tock. Use it wisely.

I'm sure it's all part of Classic Dom's game plan.

The patriotism of Brexiteers shines through again ?????????????????? f**k the traitorous remainers they don't love our country!

That's so annoying, isn't it odd that the true patriots all voted remain? Like Richard Branson for example, he's got an untarnished reputation for paying into the country... Hasn't he? Oh...

Perhaps this is just something that rich people do when they employ certain accountants.

That's so annoying, isn't it odd that the true patriots all voted remain? Like Richard Branson for example, he's got an untarnished reputation for paying into the country... Hasn't he? Oh...

Perhaps this is just something that rich people do when they employ certain accountants.
Well I voted remain and I'm as big a patriotic Brit as it's possible to be, that's why I'm glad we'll have less to do with those bloody non-British foreigners come January.

Well I voted remain and I'm as big a patriotic Brit as it's possible to be, that's why I'm glad we'll have less to do with those bloody non-British foreigners come January.
I voted to leave and I am also very patriotic

And that made Jim Ratcliffe leave ? ?
It wasn’t until Maggie came to power in 1979 that tax cuts came in, back in the 70’a a lot of higher earners were paying 83% under a the labour government until Maggie came in and reduced to 60% then down to 40%

It wasn’t until Maggie came to power in 1979 that tax cuts came in, back in the 70’a a lot of higher earners were paying 83% under a the labour government until Maggie came in and reduced to 60% then down to 40%
Thanks for the history lesson but.....

That's not what made Brexiteer Jim Ratcliffe leave. How much must he love his country?

Thanks for the history lesson but.....

That's not what made Brexiteer Jim Ratcliffe leave. How much must he love his country?
He is just plain greedy a bit like Branson but then again a lot of very wealthy people are greedy and us tax havens for their personal gain

He is just plain greedy a bit like Branson but then again a lot of very wealthy people are greedy and us tax havens for their personal gain
But that ain't the point. He's been pushing Brexit, it happens, and he leaves the UK. He's taken Brexiteers as mugs!!

But that ain't the point. He's been pushing Brexit, it happens, and he leaves the UK. He's taken Brexiteers as mugs!!
I know he is being hypocritical by pushing brexit and moving to Europe formtax reasons

Back
Top Bottom