National News The Brexit Thread 🇬🇧🇪🇺

Peterdev

Are many on here celebrating brexit?
Only a week away now.
Never thought we would leave.
Still lots of things to happen, but looking Forward to raising a glass of Chapel Down.
After that hopefully celebrating a fine win over Newcastle whilst contemplating the fifth round

Are many on here celebrating brexit?
Only a week away now.
Never thought we would leave.
Still lots of things to happen, but looking Forward to raising a glass of Chapel Down.
After that hopefully celebrating a fine win over Newcastle whilst contemplating the fifth round
We are also looking at a bottle of Chapel Down My grandad lived in the village in Kent where that is made.

Still don't understand what you think there is to celebrate. Serious question BTW.

Last edited:
For me a quiet bottle of wine. And I promised I would send my friend in London a bottle of champagne if we left (back in 2015) so she can celebrate too.

Probably going to do the sensible thing and wait until the end of the year before celebrating. Other than leaving the EU I can’t see what the reason to celebrate would be.

I’d like to celebrate when we have great new trade deals, a thriving economy which outgrows the EU, improved rights for people of the UK (now we’re no longer subject to the laws of the European Union), increased spending in public infrastructure, national unity and so on.

Until then it feels a little premature to be celebrating leaving without actually seeing the improvements we’ve been told will happen.

I voted to remain but am quite at ease with us leaving (and celebrating doing so) as long as the promises and benefits are realised.

I agree the hardest part is yet to come and then of course there is the small matter of running the country

Still don't underdressed what you think there is to celebrate. Serious question BTW.

Well, we’ve taken back control, haven’t we? No more will our bananas have to have their shape dictated by the evil EU! Plus we have £350m a week extra for the NHS which is good with all these horrible foreign viruses about. Not that they will come here now we control our borders!

Well, we’ve taken back control, haven’t we? No more will our bananas have to have their shape dictated by the evil EU! Plus we have £350m a week extra for the NHS which is good with all these horrible foreign viruses about. Not that they will come here now we control our borders!

Don't forget the Blue passports.

To celebrate Brexit next weekend would be like celebrating a successful forthcoming football season, in August, before a ball has even been kicked.
Lots of potental for egg on face and also a bit tin pot.

Cigar, glass of wine (or two (or three)) and a big smile that after all the shenanigans over the past 3 1/2 years, we can finally look to the future.

Back
Top Bottom