National News The Brexit Thread πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Ί

Amazing how you poke fun at Greta and defend Moggy to the hilt.

One has done more for the planet than you or I will ever achieve in our lifetime, the other has done more to further his own interests than you or I will ever achieve i our lifetime.

I know which side of history I'd rather be on.

Do you leave any sense of humour/irony at the Log In page.

We (all of us) will do our bit to either save the environment or make a few quid and lots of us will do both.

If I "achieve" more than my parents then that may be measured as a success after I am carbon & dust.

Same as all of us....... remember society is a pyramid and there isn`t much "room at the top".

Yes there will be a tipping point at which old pollution is greater than the new pollution (on a full life basis). Can't say where the point is and anyway it will differ depending on what car is being replaced and what car is being bought.
Whilst the verdict is still out on EV vs ICE,
there is no getting away from the fact that once built and on the road,pre Euro 6 diesels produce killer fumes.

Whilst the verdict is still out on EV vs ICE,
there is no getting away from the fact that once built and on the road,pre Euro 6 diesels produce killer fumes.
But β€œEuro 6” compliant diesel & petrol ICE are clean, shame they didn’t arrive before Sept’2015.

Warning incoming rant!!!

This sort of post is slipping far too regularly for my taste into threads, not picking on this one per se but most recent example I've seen. Can we have a comment, context to how it relates to the thread, anything basically.... as if I want to see random tweets then Twitter is the place to go!!!

Rant over!!!

Warning incoming rant!!!

This sort of post is slipping far too regularly for my taste into threads, not picking on this one per se but most recent example I've seen. Can we have a comment, context to how it relates to the thread, anything basically.... as if I want to see random tweets then Twitter is the place to go!!!

Rant over!!!
Call that a rant?

πŸ₯Ί

Normal service resumed with non-contextual tweets.
Who was he speaking too?
What was he speaking about?
When was it said?
What is the wider context?

Nahhhh just chuck out 1 minute 7 secs of video clip and call it a lie.

Twatter.... a microcosm of miniscule nothings where people surround themselves with others of similar beliefs in an echo chamber and blank out any alternative views.

Shock, horror that, after joining in 1973 and allowing the tendrils to envelope all aspects of life over the last 47 or so years, untangling the mess isn`t an easy process.

2 weeks after the deal kicks in there will be bumps in the road.

Still if only the 4+ years since the result hadn`t been wasted by procrastination and losers throwing various delays in the way ........

Shock, horror that, after joining in 1973 and allowing the tendrils to envelope all aspects of life over the last 47 or so years, untangling the mess isn`t an easy process.

2 weeks after the deal kicks in there will be bumps in the road.

Still if only the 4+ years since the result hadn`t been wasted by procrastination and losers throwing various delays in the way ........
Don't forget many of the winners not liking the prize they won.

Don't forget many of the winners not liking the prize they won.

All good with me so far.
The wheels haven`t fallen off at work, barring Covid issues.
The predicted shortage of medicines, products, difficulties in continuity etc have yet to materialise.
The realisation it is a two way street maybe driving peoples determination to resolve any problems.

All good with me so far.
The wheels haven`t fallen off at work, barring Covid issues.
The predicted shortage of medicines, products, difficulties in continuity etc have yet to materialise.
The realisation it is a two way street maybe driving peoples determination to resolve any problems.
Yeah but didn't you see Leave.EU had to re-register their domain under a new jurisdiction?

Oh and... and we aren't allowed to eat yellow mealworms when the rest of the EU are. Um. Oh yeah, also some lorry drivers had to give up their ham sandwiches at the border.

What else. Erm, how about those chemicals we are allowed to spray on our crops for a time limited period. The EU countries are never going to be able to do anything like that. We're pillaging our land now in a way which countries like France would never be able to.

Also bands are going to have to fill out some paperwork before they do a tour.

Oh yeah and a man who really likes the EU complained on Twitter and told us that some bottles of wine might be a whole Β£1 more expensive.

I'm not sure if the country can recover from this.

Yeah but didn't you see Leave.EU had to re-register their domain under a new jurisdiction?

Oh and... and we aren't allowed to eat yellow mealworms when the rest of the EU are. Um. Oh yeah, also some lorry drivers had to give up their ham sandwiches at the border.

What else. Erm, how about those chemicals we are allowed to spray on our crops for a time limited period. The EU countries are never going to be able to do anything like that. We're pillaging our land now in a way which countries like France would never be able to.

Oh yeah and a man who really likes the EU complained on Twitter and told us that some bottles of wine might be a whole Β£1 more expensive.

Here's a few more to add to your list.

Time will tell if these are 'teething problems' or are 'baked in' to the agreement as some importers and exporters are saying.

The more important issues will be how jobs will be lost because, as a for instance, the automotive industry moves to mainland Europe. Businesses expanding into Europe preferring Ireland to the UK because they not only talk English but have restriction free access to the market they have come to Europe to trade in.
But on a positive note I see we are exploring becoming the Singapore of mainland Europe. The problem with that is we no longer have the raw material to become a mainstream manufacturing. But we can all become care workers and fruit pickers because those jobs will be available because we will limit immigration.
How long before this leads to the break up of the NHS because we can no longer afford to pay for it. It was on the Tory agenda before Covid struck. So it will fit that agenda perfectly. But it will not be because we have left the EU will it.

The more important issues will be how jobs will be lost because, as a for instance, the automotive industry moves to mainland Europe. Businesses expanding into Europe preferring Ireland to the UK because they not only talk English but have restriction free access to the market they have come to Europe to trade in.
But on a positive note I see we are exploring becoming the Singapore of mainland Europe. The problem with that is we no longer have the raw material to become a mainstream manufacturing. But we can all become care workers and fruit pickers because those jobs will be available because we will limit immigration.
How long before this leads to the break up of the NHS because we can no longer afford to pay for it. It was on the Tory agenda before Covid struck. So it will fit that agenda perfectly. But it will not be because we have left the EU will it.

I thought Donald T was going to shred the NHS? Ahhh.... maybe not.
Car manufacturing has its own Chinese issues. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-55704936
Raw materials? Might need some lithium... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-54188071

Tech is moving on fast and we could be sat on raw materials we might not know about yet.
Then look at pharma research and bio-tech.

The days of bulk steel & coal are long gone but there is new tech on the way...

Back
Top Bottom