National News The Brexit Thread 🇬🇧🇪🇺

Maybe it's not that big a deal :unsure:

Not as big as Gap considering closing all it's stores or KFC creating 5,400 jobs in the UK....obvs

Maybe it's not that big a deal :unsure:

Not as big as Gap considering closing all it's stores or KFC creating 5,400 jobs in the UK....obvs
Agreed - hence why I didn't use those as examples!!

A £15bn boost to the economy "not that big a deal"... Should we just not have bothered then? I don't think the new Borat movie is worthy of taking that space on the homepage of your national broadcaster.

Agreed - hence why I didn't use those as examples!!

A £15bn boost to the economy "not that big a deal"... Should we just not have bothered then? I don't think the new Borat movie is worthy of taking that space on the homepage of your national broadcaster.
£15bn over 15 years isn't it?

Imagine what Serco will be able to do with that.....o_O

It's quite possible that Boris is trying to spin this out until after the US election. If Trump wins he'll look for a quick and substantial US deal and go no deal with the EU. If Biden wins, he'll do a deal no matter how thin it might be on the basis that one of Biden's priorities will be to repair the relationship with the EU that Donald has sought to dismantle and therefore we need to stay closer to both.

Tick-tock;)

It's quite possible that Boris is trying to spin this out until after the US election. If Trump wins he'll look for a quick and substantial US deal and go no deal with the EU. If Biden wins, he'll do a deal no matter how thin it might be on the basis that one of Biden's priorities will be to repair the relationship with the EU that Donald has sought to dismantle and therefore we need to stay closer to both.

Tick-tock;)
feasible ( to say the least)

Tick-tock;)

An advert appeared on my social media offering 50/1 on Trump winning............... I`ve never known bookmakers give away money!

Plenty of people needing jobs soon...win-win

Serco must be licking their lips because along with T&T....just think of all those 0hrs contracts........ they must be about to make a pretty penny out of all of this!

Isn`t that how a flexible & modern economy works?

We stop mining coal to save the planet or close down high streets because everyone is shopping online ...........and employ folk with clipboards instead?

Job is a job and all that...... see no mention of zero hours.

Job creation for the sake of it.

Anyway, I thought your lot hated a bloated state....but you seem hell bent on creating one, so long as it lines the pockets of Cronies and Donors that is (so robbed from the rest of us in reality;))...no value to society and very little to the economy (50,000 jobs JUST to try and do what was done with ZERO jobs before...whilst all the time eating into the profitability of companies trying to export/import the goods our economy relies on).

I'll hazard a guess they will not be very well paid at all....what about you. Can't have wage demands eating into the shareholders dividends can we?

A job is a job....actually no it is not. Some people have to take anything they can to make ends meet and not rely on increasing amounts of state support....you know the type who want to contribute, not feel worthless and are not your lazy stereotypical useless benefit claiming wasters....or worse ... MIGRANTS!

There are probably millions of people who hate what they have to do for a job every single day - that does not excuse it, they often have no choice if they want to feed themselves and any dependents. So maybe rather than creating jobs that produce nothing and simply take money out of the public purse, we should actually find ways to create jobs that benefit the economy and wider society as well as ensuring that what people do for the majority of their working lives is actually life-enhancing, rather than pointless and soul destroying, borne out of nothing other than political will.

No. Flexible, modern economies DO NOT deliberately add costs to makes themselves less efficient.

Unless substantial savings are made elsewhere.
All that EU regulation added to our statute books won`t police itself nor does it currently.
There are already thousands of people employed to ensure regulation and policy are followed.... from farming to healthcare there are legions of clipboard wielding bureaucrats.
If the folk with clipboards weren`t around you would be crying about erosion of rights........

You really don't know what you're talking about. You're living in a weird 1960's ladybird book. The point about the EU was that "clipboard wielding bureaucrats weren't really needed in all sorts of areas" standards were maintained and managed across Europe

Back
Top Bottom