National News The Brexit Thread 🇬🇧🇪🇺

It's really good we are not relying on cheap immigrant labour to any longer an at last farmers are going to have to pay a decent wage. Jobs that need topping up with working tax credits shouldn't exist. This surely is one of the success stories of Brexit (i was happy to be part of a trading block it was the free movement of immigrant labor that drives down wages which concerned me).
That’s great if you are flush with cash and can afford the inevitable increase in food prices
Not so good for those in less comfortable positions

So still waiting for those benefits:

Less bureaucracy - no, opposite happened
Stronger pound/economy - no, opposite happened
Cheaper cost of living - no, opposite happened
Better paid manual Labour - no, massive shortages in “blue collar” labour causing crirical food and fuel security issues
Free of the euro and subsidising other nations - no, and even if true made no notable difference
Less illegal immigrunts - no, opposite happened

All above due to covid apparently. Bullshit.

Im not taking the P**s I think it is really sad that people who voted this in were either hoodwinked into thinking it was a good idea by the daily hitler or gave no fucks for their children and grandchildren’s future.

I refuse to believe the latter is true.

So still waiting for those benefits:

Less bureaucracy - no, opposite happened
Stronger pound/economy - no, opposite happened
Cheaper cost of living - no, opposite happened
Better paid manual Labour - no, massive shortages in “blue collar” labour causing crirical food and fuel security issues
Free of the euro and subsidising other nations - no, and even if true made no notable difference
Less illegal immigrunts - no, opposite happened

All above due to covid apparently. Bullshit.

Im not taking the P**s I think it is really sad that people who voted this in were either hoodwinked into thinking it was a good idea by the daily hitler or gave no fucks for their children and grandchildren’s future.

I refuse to believe the latter is true.
I am really not sure that what you say is that simple on the basis that we have been in the middle of the most extreme virus of out lifetime (so to suggest that the standard of living has gone down is disingenuous in my view)

If you are seriously concerned about your your kids/ grandchildren global warming is massively massively more important than Brexit. Maybe that should really be the key issue?

I am really not sure that what you say is that simple on the basis that we have been in the middle of the most extreme virus of out lifetime (so to suggest that the standard of living has gone down is disingenuous in my view)

If you are seriously concerned about your your kids/ grandchildren global warming is massively massively more important than Brexit. Maybe that should really be the key issue?
Tackling Global warming needs nations to work together. Brexit is the opposite of that too.

Well I think you need to refer to it as 'climate change' rather than 'global warming' lest some fuckwit comes along as says, 'Not very warm today is it??!!' and thinks they've rubbished the claim...

I agree it's the bigger issue.

Doesn’t mean we shouldn't care about post-Brexit society though.

Well I think you need to refer to it as 'climate change' rather than 'global warming' lest some fuckwit comes along as says, 'Not very warm today is it??!!' and thinks they've rubbished the claim...

I agree it's the bigger issue.

Doesn’t mean we shouldn't care about post-Brexit society though.
Absolutely.
Brexit will be celebrating its 6th Birthday in June. Wouldn’t it be nice if it could receive an actual Brexit plan with solid ambitious and goals to mark the special occasion.

Absolutely.
Brexit will be celebrating its 6th Birthday in June. Wouldn’t it be nice if it could receive an actual Brexit plan with solid ambitious and goals to mark the special occasion.

Well they spent 4 years trying to stop it. :)

Aside from that, we have 40 years of integration to sort out - and some will be retained, some will be removed.

Then drop a pandemic in the mix and it's all a bit foggy.

None of that has stopped any of the Governments of the day releasing a plan of what Brexit is actually for, and how we should proceed going forwards.

And who was trying to stop it? The ERG? It was delayed Because the Brexit plan was, and remains top secret, Brexit meant different things to so many different factions. So if it wasn’t the “Brexit” they thought they voted for, then they weren’t going to allow it through parliament.

Simple really, the total lack of any form of plan delayed Brexit for 3½ years.

The people answerable for this clusterf**k are the original architects of Brexit!
Anyone who promoted Brexit without considering, or most importantly understanding the consequences isn’t fit to be anywhere near a government role. The British people deserve better!!

S'alright....the Government have already played this one down, so all is rosy if you are a true believer......https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59506556

So basically the government's argument is that the Americans are just being silly, so there's nothing to worry about?

I'm sure the British steel industry will take great comfort in the fact that the US are using a 'false narrative' when it stops buying any of their product!

Isn't IE compatibility implemented in Edge for another 10 years or so? Even so, I thought we'd got past all of this kind of thing in the early 2000s. That's the problem with big institutions using outdated technology. I wonder what backend it is using that requires IE compatibility mode.

Isn't IE compatibility implemented in Edge for another 10 years or so? Even so, I thought we'd got past all of this kind of thing in the early 2000s. That's the problem with big institutions using outdated technology. I wonder what backend it is using that requires IE compatibility mode.
There is a compatibility mode in Edge on Windows PC's, though not as far as I'm aware on other versions, especially mobile.
But whatever it is doing to require it is using vastly outdated tech/code. If someone came to me with a system like that I would fire them (and would have done for years). Government tech projects rarely scream competence, but you really have to think they don't care whether this system works or not - no doubt they will blame the issues on the EU.

There are a couple of mortgage lenders who only work through IE/Edge. They're also generally crap.

Back
Top Bottom