National News The Brexit Thread 🇬🇧🇪🇺

I
Good morning,

Sorry for being so blunt and i`m sure there will be some denial about this but i
think that what drove people to vote for brexit was more to do with things like
ending freedom of movement and having more control of our borders than it
was about financial matters. Taking back control and oven ready deals where the
lie that the xenophobes were only too happy to hide behind and use as it made
their stance appear more calculated than emotional.
I really hope not. There’s nothing in Brexit for people who want fewer foreigners. People migrate around the world for many reasons, but not one of them is because of our trade arrangements with the European Union

The logic is that the UK always seems to neglect its ability to make its own choices and "blame" someone else.
If the excuse is removed then the Government becomes more accountable.

EG: If Belgium can introduce the legislation listed why didn`t we?
Or we could just call out the government when they’re hiding behind the lie of “The EU made us do it”
Our Government are still peddling the blame game even after we’ve left, but I don’t see Brexiteers holding the Government to account over it. Instead they’re arguing with very people who are calling it out. So I don’t think that’s a view held by many that still support the decision to leave.

Which is a shame, because it’s exactly what we should have been doing from day one after the referendum!
Brexiteers should be screaming at the Government for the pathetic effort they’ve made over Brexit and the poor quality trade deals they’ve produced. Instead of letting the Government of the Hook time and time again by trying to search for little wins, and pretending it’s all going dandy!

The logic is that the UK always seems to neglect its ability to make its own choices and "blame" someone else.
If the excuse is removed then the Government becomes more accountable.

EG: If Belgium can introduce the legislation listed why didn`t we?

Logic ? Maybe if you are trying to explain something to a 10 year old.

The idea of destroying something that has nothing do with the issue
just so that it can`t be blamed is pretty stupid imo.

Add in that it was actively pushed as being THE reason for our border
problems is where this falls into the category of pure lies.

I

I really hope not. There’s nothing in Brexit for people who want fewer foreigners. People migrate around the world for many reasons, but not one of them is because of our trade arrangements with the European Union

I really hope so too, the problem i`m having right now is that its the only thing that stands up.

Good morning,

Sorry for being so blunt and i`m sure there will be some denial about this but i
think that what drove people to vote for brexit was more to do with things like
ending freedom of movement and having more control of our borders than it
was about financial matters. Taking back control and oven ready deals where the
lie that the xenophobes were only too happy to hide behind and use as it made
their stance appear more calculated than emotional.
Point one: Why do you type in such a bizarre fashion? You do not need the spaces. Also you need to capitalise things like the word I and "Brexit." You seem to want to try and take some sort of intellectual high ground here so it would help if you spelled properly.
Point Two: "Leavers are xenephobes" is as an inane thing to say as "Remainers are woke snowflakes", absolutely pointless and unhelpful point. But hey if you want to go to the gutter I'm happy to follow you, but I'll end up as the one who gets abuse because I have the wrong opinion.
Point three: Why don't you "take back control" of your own life and get a job in the EU paradise?

Or we could just call out the government when they’re hiding behind the lie of “The EU made us do it”
Our Government are still peddling the blame game even after we’ve left, but I don’t see Brexiteers holding the Government to account over it. Instead they’re arguing with very people who are calling it out. So I don’t think that’s a view held by many that still support the decision to leave.

Which is a shame, because it’s exactly what we should have been doing from day one after the referendum!
Brexiteers should be screaming at the Government for the pathetic effort they’ve made over Brexit and the poor quality trade deals they’ve produced. Instead of letting the Government of the Hook time and time again by trying to search for little wins, and pretending it’s all going dandy!

It's happened, you might need to live with it for a while.
Remember it wasn`t those who wanted to Leave that delayed the process wasting time, energy, and resources on various appeals against a simple democratic vote.

Remember it wasn`t those who wanted to Leave that delayed the process wasting time, energy, and resources on various appeals against a simple democratic vote.
No, it was the Tory party with their infighting and people manoeuvring to get into power which wasted a lot of the time.

You are not responsible for the Brexit mess!
The People who voted leave shouldn’t feel they have to defend and cover for the Government. They work for us, not the other way round!
Brexit hasn’t happened, it’s in the process of happening as each new agreement is signed. And every time the Government drop the ball on this, ALL of us should be jumping on them, holding their feet to the fire!
Every time a Brexit agreement leaves us in a worse place than before, we should all be shouting from the roof tops.
Brexit simply will not be a success if 52% of the population roll over and have their tummy tickled every time the Government present a shocking trade deal as a win.

Whatever your politics, we all have a roll to play here in making sure OUR Government improve the country!!

No, it was the Tory party with their infighting and people manoeuvring to get into power which wasted a lot of the time.

Don`t forget Ms Millar, and Labour who abstained from dissolving parliament........ and a few bloody noses delivered by the electorate in the interim.

The People who voted leave shouldn’t feel they have to defend and cover for the Government. They work for us, not the other way round!
Brexit hasn’t happened, it’s in the process of happening as each new agreement is signed. And every time the Government drop the ball on this, ALL of us should be jumping on them, holding their feet to the fire!
Every time a Brexit agreement leaves us in a worse place than before, we should all be shouting from the roof tops.
Brexit simply will not be a success if 52% of the population roll over and have their tummy tickled every time the Government present a shocking trade deal as a win.

Whatever your politics, we all have a roll to play here in making sure OUR Government improve the country!!

We`ve got an opposition for that.................. OK...............point taken its down to us and the Good Law Project, sorry Kier. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Regulatory culture is a good start!

Complete freedom of movement is a bad thing IMHO - every state needs to know who is there and the "why & when" if only to plan basics such as housing and healthcare. The import of cheap labour is also unravelling pretty quickly which was driven by FOM.

Why would freedom of movement be a bad idea? I've lived and worked in 6 countries, so I don't see the problem...

I'm not "cheap labour".

Many of the people coming to the UK for family, education and work, are highly skilled. Doctors (have you not noticed how many doctors are not British), academics, pharmacists, computer programmers, etc.

Are you an proponent of a caste system? Where there is very little social mobility. Where people are not free to travel - a bit like in the old USSR, or North Korea today? With you r Union Jacks on you mantle piece, do you also have photos of Kim Jong Un? He must be your greatest modern hero!

Hear, hear!

The one question I keep coming back to is can you trust Boris or anyone else at the top table to deliver anything of substance and be true to their word?

It is a resounding no on both counts for me....leopards do not change their spots. They have been economical with the truth throughout and much of what they try to do is for the nefarious means of looking after their own and/or simply looks grossly incompetent.

Point one: Why do you type in such a bizarre fashion? You do not need the spaces. Also you need to capitalise things like the word I and "Brexit." You seem to want to try and take some sort of intellectual high ground here so it would help if you spelled properly.
Point Two: "Leavers are xenephobes" is as an inane thing to say as "Remainers are woke snowflakes", absolutely pointless and unhelpful point. But hey if you want to go to the gutter I'm happy to follow you, but I'll end up as the one who gets abuse because I have the wrong opinion.
Point three: Why don't you "take back control" of your own life and get a job in the EU paradise?

Will make a deal with you, point me to 1 post of yours in this thread that was a decent contribution to the debate.

Manage that and i will answer all of your questions and throw in a bedtime story for you as well, if you can`t manage
that then i don`t see why i should waste my time.

Good luck with that.

Agree with the sentiment but this will never ever happen. Call me defeatist.

Our roll, unless you want to rampage and riot through the streets day after day until someone wakes up and listens, is to periodically vote in a GE. Voicing frustrations on a fans forum is just that, nothing more. It changes nothing.

Quite frankly the shower of s**t on both sides of the house will not improve our country anyway, so I’ll just continue to work at improving my own quality of life and giving myself the opportunity of a decent early retirement.

In the very unlikely event that we do ever have a competent government, full of honest politicians that don’t feed off the trough of personal greed, I fear I will have to discover the secret to eternal life to see it.

Will make a deal with you, point me to 1 post of yours in this thread that was a decent contribution to the debate.

Manage that and i will answer all of your questions and throw in a bedtime story for you as well, if you can`t manage
that then i don`t see why i should waste my time.
Read the thread
And come to your own conclusion
I`m not bothered
If you don't respond to me
👍

Why would freedom of movement be a bad idea? I've lived and worked in 6 countries, so I don't see the problem...

I'm not "cheap labour".

Many of the people coming to the UK for family, education and work, are highly skilled. Doctors (have you not noticed how many doctors are not British), academics, pharmacists, computer programmers, etc.

Are you an proponent of a caste system? Where there is very little social mobility. Where people are not free to travel - a bit like in the old USSR, or North Korea today? With you r Union Jacks on you mantle piece, do you also have photos of Kim Jong Un? He must be your greatest modern hero!

I prefer a points-based system for migration as do several countries reliant on migration.

Doctors, academics etc etc score highly, whereas unskilled people imported to drive down salaries in certain trades less so.

I have no issue with legal, managed migration for any reason. We are a nation of migrants.

Good luck with that.

Our roll, unless you want to rampage and riot through the streets day after day until someone wakes up and listens, is to periodically vote in a GE. Voicing frustrations on a fans forum is just that, nothing more. It changes nothing.

Quite frankly the shower of s**t on both sides of the house will not improve our country anyway, so I’ll just continue to work at improving my own quality of life and giving myself the opportunity of a decent early retirement.

In the very unlikely event that we do ever have a competent government, full of honest politicians that don’t feed off the trough of personal greed, I fear I will have to discover the secret to eternal life to see it.
You’re right, posting on here about such issues is going to have a very limited reach. But I have to say, this forum is one of the rare corners of the internet where you can have discussions about such subjects in a mostly respectful way (in most cases lol).
That’s the power of a common interest.

Good luck with that.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this.

Back
Top Bottom