National News The Brexit Thread ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡บ

Seeing as we are told the HGV driver shortage is Europe wide I wonder how many will go though the additional faff of applying for a visa should this come to fruition.

Erm megalolz?! So Brexit was a flawed concept? I'm not bothered about Christmas but very concerned about the beer running out. I can't get any more in the under-stairs cupboard.

Still at least we are all enjoying all the life changing benefits that Brexit has brought us

Bazzer take us through them again please buddy

I'm asking you to highlight the benefits of brexit that we are all enjoying right now

You voted for it so should be perfectly positioned
Obviously you didnโ€™t. We canโ€™t say what benefits we will achieve for a few years yet but we will have to wait and see.

I chose my bore because I donโ€™t want other countries telling us what we can and canโ€™t do
We probably better leave NATO, WHO, WTO, ECHR, UN, in fact the UK is involved with around 14,000 international treaties.
If we could manage 10 referendums a year, we could keep Nigel Farage on TV for the next millennia and a half!!

I chose my vote because I donโ€™t want other countries telling us what we can and canโ€™t do
So can you give say six examples of things we have been forced to do against our will that have been bad for the country. Given we were in the EU for over 40 years I'd imagine you've got a list as long as your arm.

What have we lost, and how has that effected you?

Often those who voted leave are demanded to produce the unicorns of the impact of their decision. Itโ€™s only fair that we put the boot on the other foot and see the evidence of how measurable worse off you are because weโ€™re no longer in the EU.
I think one, if not THE, way in which we are worse off through Brexit is the consequences of pretty much taking our eye off every other ball in town for at least three years after the vote and in some respects still doing so.

I'm not saying that we'd have seen covid coming and been fully ready for it, but we would have probably had a leader better suited to dealing with it AND perhaps at some point heeded the background advice from years earlier to build some sort of pandemic stockpile and strategy?

Frankly I cannot remember what the main issues being discussed in political circles prior to the vote being announced even were, (or what others have come up since, only to sit too far down the to-do list) but cannot help thinking that an awful lot more good could have been achieved on a myriad of fronts (at home, abroad and the relationship between the two) had the whole landscape not been focused on trying to transform some vague concept that meant so many different things to different people into some sort of actual coherent government strategy and then negotiate where that placed us in the world.

Social care, mental health, environment and climate change, canning HS2 before billions were already wasted and it goes past the 'mastermind' tipping point (I've started so I'll finish), NHS, employment rights, etc, etc - and I would suggest we could even have made some headway on the immigration front to the satisfaction of some of those who saw this as their main reason to vote leave. All of this could have come without throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Finally, the one thing that we all could have done with losing back in 2016, that we've had to suffer for too long since - Dominic Cummings!

:D Heaven forbid that any foreigner should influence Blighty in any way! Since we've left the EU it's like being back in the days of Empire. We do what we like, where we like, when we like. We are top dogs in so many global charts: military strength, political influence, diplomatic prestige, trade alliances. Just need a few gun boats to sail up the Yangtze and teach those Chinese wannabes who's boss and the future is ours, guaranteed.
๐Ÿ˜ญ

Back
Top Bottom