National News The Brexit Thread ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡บ

Only going on what I was told by several people who voted leave.
Just because several people might have got things wrong, if you read the press or listened to the news it has been clear for some time that in the transition period we have to follow EU rules.
I am not really sure how this translates into.people lying.
Beating people with a stick on the basis if people lying really doesnt help in my view unless people genuinely tell lies!
In this situation it could be some people who you know who were confused ( as you seem to be)?

Just because several people might have got things wrong, if you read the press or listened to the news it has been clear for some time that in the transition period we have to follow EU rules.
I am not really sure how this translates into.people lying.
Beating people with a stick on the basis if people lying really doesnt help in my view unless people genuinely tell lies!
In this situation it could be some people who you know who were confused ( as you seem to be)?

I donโ€™t think the people who voted leave and told me, in pub/family/friends discussions etc that literally as soon as we left weโ€™d not be under EU rules any more and so we could do what we wanted were lying as such. They were just misinformed, and as such voted to leave under misinformation.

But people like Essexyellows will tell you that leaving was the best thing that ever happened to this country, perfect in every way, and that this Conservative government is the best ever and has and will never make one wrong decision. Hopefully heโ€™s right!

Planes are being forced to fly empty or nearly empty due to EU rules -

โ€˜However, if the rules are to be relaxed, the decision will have to come from Brussels. Although the UK has officially withdrawn from the European Union (EU), an EU regulation on slot allocation still applies.

On Monday the Transport Secretary Grant Shapps wrote to the European Commission. He asked it to introduce "practical and proportionate measures" to address the situation, possibly including "flexibility with the 80% threshold, implemented on a market-by-market basis or more broadly".โ€™
Sorted.
"An EU law forcing airlines to operate some near-empty flights despite demand plummeting due to the coronavirus outbreak has been suspended following pressure from the UK."

Sorted.
"An EU law forcing airlines to operate some near-empty flights despite demand plummeting due to the coronavirus outbreak has been suspended following pressure from the UK."
Cool. Although I'd believe it more if it wasn't in The Express. Or The Daily Mail.

As with all these things, compromise and collaboration to find the solution that works best for all are the only way to achieve the right result.

As you say, common sense has prevailed....and no need for any posturing or histrionics from anyone in the way it is portrayed.

Off the track a bit; I watched a thing about fishermen in Scotland on the news last night. It looks like, if Britain don't get a good deal, or if there is no deal, the fish industry could be in big trouble from greedy French and whatever else country's fishermen. Come on, Boris: do your best! Boris, Boris, ra ra ra!

The negotiations are getting tetchy... The UK are holding firm on the level playing field and fishing and you can see this is a new position for the EU to negotiate against. No meek Maybot who back slid from her promises.

They have an issue that the non-binding political declaration isn't being followed. Flippantly, it's non-binding and while I would hope we'd take it forward because its the most efficient way to go, the non-binding nature of it, is what it is.

I still hope we can find some middle ground and get a deal done for all us.

ps. Seeing FBPEs and Black Spiders on Twitter flip out is rather enjoyable watching.

Meanwhile we're bending over backwards lowering food standards to get a deal with the US.

The plebs want cheap food. A large percentage of them do not care from where it comes or how it grew or lived, let alone died.
If the consumer makes a better choice the home market flourishes, if Chardonnay and here 5 kids want a ยฃ2.99 chicken they are entitled to it.

Its all interlinked......

The plebs want cheap food. A large percentage of them do not care from where it comes or how it grew or lived, let alone died.
If the consumer makes a better choice the home market flourishes, if Chardonnay and here 5 kids want a ยฃ2.99 chicken they are entitled to it.

Its all interlinked......

The problem is the US also want country of origin removed from packaging as it is unfair so you wouldn't know in quite a few cases.

The negotiations are getting tetchy... The UK are holding firm on the level playing field and fishing and you can see this is a new position for the EU to negotiate against. No meek Maybot who back slid from her promises.

They have an issue that the non-binding political declaration isn't being followed. Flippantly, it's non-binding and while I would hope we'd take it forward because its the most efficient way to go, the non-binding nature of it, is what it is.

ps. Seeing FBPEs and Black Spiders on Twitter flip out is rather enjoyable watching.
I believe the head of the CBI said on news night on the Bbc( although itโ€™s not been on their news) that we need to get on with it and have no more extensions as it will be damaging if it carries on.

The problem is the US also want country of origin removed from packaging as it is unfair so you wouldn't know in quite a few cases.
It's almost as if they know its inferior or something...

There is a big PR victory in the offing for supermarkets who go public and say they won't be stocking it, if our spineless government cave in.

these Black Spiders? A song for the pig farmers: Stay Down, including the classic lyrics, "F*** you and your one horse town"

Last edited:

Currently a raw product arrives in the UK from Thailand, China.........or any EU country.
Under current regulations it can be labelled as UK (EU Plant Number) if the last process happened on UK soil.

From the FSA:
The FIC identifies the origin of a food as being either its 'country of origin' or 'place of provenance'. The 'country of origin' is the country from which the product was wholly obtained or, if production involved more than one country, the country where the product last underwent substantial, economically justified processing. The 'place of provenance' is any place where a food is indicated to come from that is not the 'country of origin'.

So it already happens.............

Back
Top Bottom