National News The Brexit Thread 🇬🇧🇪🇺

Oh dear! ....I thought Bojo had got Brexit done at the end of January.....he wouldnt lie to the electorate would he ? :unsure: ....

Oh dear! ....I thought Bojo had got Brexit done at the end of January.....he wouldnt lie to the electorate would he ? :unsure: ....

That`ll be "anti-brexit campaigner" Steve Bullock who isn`t a current "British EU Negotiator" but was from 2010-2014?
Maybe its just someone who was bad at that job so got a job as a journalist??

That`ll be "anti-brexit campaigner" Steve Bullock who isn`t a current "British EU Negotiator" but was from 2010-2014?
Maybe its just someone who was bad at that job so got a job as a journalist??
Reading the article linked by Sarge, I have no idea why he would be an anti-Brexit campaigner...

Planes are being forced to fly empty or nearly empty due to EU rules -

‘However, if the rules are to be relaxed, the decision will have to come from Brussels. Although the UK has officially withdrawn from the European Union (EU), an EU regulation on slot allocation still applies.

On Monday the Transport Secretary Grant Shapps wrote to the European Commission. He asked it to introduce "practical and proportionate measures" to address the situation, possibly including "flexibility with the 80% threshold, implemented on a market-by-market basis or more broadly".’

Hang on a minute, I thought we left the EU so we could make our own rules and laws ? Yet our brave, clever, inspiring Tory MPs like Grant Shapps (!) are having to beg our Euro masters for permission to change rules in our country

Seems we were yet again sold a lie by the Brexiteers

‘However, if the rules are to be relaxed, the decision will have to come from Brussels. Although the UK has officially withdrawn from the European Union (EU), an EU regulation on slot allocation still applies.

On Monday the Transport Secretary Grant Shapps wrote to the European Commission. He asked it to introduce "practical and proportionate measures" to address the situation, possibly including "flexibility with the 80% threshold, implemented on a market-by-market basis or more broadly".’

Hang on a minute, I thought we left the EU so we could make our own rules and laws ? Yet our brave, clever, inspiring Tory MPs like Grant Shapps (!) are having to beg our Euro masters for permission to change rules in our country

You don`t seem to understand that we are now in the negotiation phase and that air travel is covered by that?
Or did you really think all the "rule books" were burnt ?

You don`t seem to understand that we are now in the negotiation phase and that air travel is covered by that?
Or did you really think all the "rule books" were burnt ?
Wont Cummings be masterminding burning of books? When he says its time its time ;)

Bojo (and co) telling lies? No, I dont believe that ?:oops::ROFLMAO:

??
In the transition period we have to follow EU rules or we can be fined.
So the government had to be very careful with regard to trying to support Flybe.
You are right in the the flying of aircraft with virtually no passengers to keep slots is madness.

Back
Top Bottom