National News The Brexit Thread 🇬🇧🇪🇺

Post Brexit Britain ... the down side 1) A good friend of mine had 3 packages (each containing rare vinyl records) arrive by post today , 5-6 days later than they usually take, all three came with what may end up being referred to Pritti Tape resealing them after theyve been opened in transit. One containing a very rare 45 , which was bought a in Mint minus condition (for over £1000 plus £30 insured postage had a deep cut/gouge about 1cm from the edge of the package approx 5mm long, deeper at one end, rendering the 45 unplayable!!! - it seems the nosey border agency used a stanley knife and took absolutely no care when opening the package. Yes its insured, yes eventually he'll get reimbursed, but that isnt the point (the point that did the damage appears to be on the stanley knife), the point is they have Xray machines so need need whatsoever to open an insured package clearly ( if xrayed) containing a record. In another of his opened packages was a rare vinyl LP in Mint - condition with a pristine sleeve , or it was when purchased (for £200+ insured postage), after opening the package it appears little care was taken to reseal the package as the border agency reseal tape was stuck to the album sleeve, causing a sizeable tear to the previously pristine album sleeve artwork- irreversably damaging it. Again an insururance claim should, eventually, reimburse his outlay. Again the Xray machine would have been all that was required IMO

Unnecessary bureaucratic red tape was what Bojo and his Brexiteering cavaliers proclaimed they would put a stop to ... Another Bojo lie it appears :mad: :mad: :mad:

View attachment 3023

Unopened as yet, third package intercepted and opened, then resealed by Border Force , with Pritti Patel calling the shots!
hopefully with no damage???

*Edit. 2 with seriously damaged content, 3rd time lucky, the content of the third package (above) was actually undamaged!
Is that due to Brexit Sarge?
I thought that not a lot changes until the end of the year.
I have known people who have had problems with postage from the EU before now.
I am genuinely interested in why Brexit should make much difference in post coming into the Country?

Post Brexit Britain ... the down side 1) A good friend of mine had 3 packages (each containing rare vinyl records) arrive by post today , 5-6 days later than they usually take, all three came with what may end up being referred to Pritti Tape resealing them after theyve been opened in transit. One containing a very rare 45 , which was bought a in Mint minus condition (for over £1000 plus £30 insured postage had a deep cut/gouge about 1cm from the edge of the package approx 5mm long, deeper at one end, rendering the 45 unplayable!!! - it seems the nosey border agency used a stanley knife and took absolutely no care when opening the package. Yes its insured, yes eventually he'll get reimbursed, but that isnt the point (the point that did the damage appears to be on the stanley knife), the point is they have Xray machines so need need whatsoever to open an insured package clearly ( if xrayed) containing a record. In another of his opened packages was a rare vinyl LP in Mint - condition with a pristine sleeve , or it was when purchased (for £200+ insured postage), after opening the package it appears little care was taken to reseal the package as the border agency reseal tape was stuck to the album sleeve, causing a sizeable tear to the previously pristine album sleeve artwork- irreversably damaging it. Again an insururance claim should, eventually, reimburse his outlay. Again the Xray machine would have been all that was required IMO

Unnecessary bureaucratic red tape was what Bojo and his Brexiteering cavaliers proclaimed they would put a stop to ... Another Bojo lie it appears :mad: :mad: :mad:

View attachment 3023

Unopened as yet, third package intercepted and opened, then resealed by Border Force , with Pritti Patel calling the shots!
hopefully with no damage???

*Edit. 2 with seriously damaged content, 3rd time lucky, the content of the third package (above) was actually undamaged!
Most importantly @Sarge, what was the vinyl?

Have you not seen the TV programmes as to how drugs etc are smuggled in?

So someone in the UKBF got a bit careless with a Stanley and it`s the direct fault of the Home Secretary ?

Jeezus H. There are 3.65 BILLION packages shipped into the UK ........ your mate was unlucky, its why there is insurance.

pre 31st January, Home Office run Border Force had never been opening then resealing packages (7" or 12" sized) clearly declared on the customs form to contain a, or several records and marked fragile, from 'anywhere' , granted they all go through the X-ray machines ( which are advanced enough to define and show if theres anything 'extra'- such as controlled substances- in addition to the declared content- which of course if flagged up would invoke further investigation), at the Customs international mail check at Mount Pleasant postal services office, and occasionally got 'stung' for a customs and handling ( the latter since the postal services were privatised) charge, .... however , IMO, its more than coincidental that its since 31st January, & Pritti Patal's appointment that this has started happening- and wesnt part of Brexit to minimise red tape- not increase it?

Insurance is there to cover any damage, but to a record collector, wanton damage to very rare , holy grail like, vinyl, is on a parallel to misuse of a stanley knife and careless application of official tape to say a unique Rembrandt, Picasso or similar work of art to a collector of paintings and sketches.

Is that due to Brexit Sarge?
I thought that not a lot changes until the end of the year.
I have known people who have had problems with postage from the EU before now.
I am genuinely interested in why Brexit should make much difference in post coming into the Country?

Pre 31st Jan/ Pritti Patel's appointment it was X-ray machines that international packages went through, ( at Mount Pleasant mail/customs check), anything differing from the declared on the customs sticker showing up on X ray would trigger additional investigation, obviously. However in the International record collecting world, which has been in existance since the 1960s, until 'now' this sort of intrusiveness has never been known to happen to any package containing records sent Internationally.

Brexit was , we were told getting rid of red tape- 5-6 days additional time in transit, plus irreversable damage caused to the content by Patels henchmen/women in her Home Office Border Force to me seem to be a direct result of how the uncaring government will be acting for the forseeable- as well as more red tape than there ever was previously - and I dont think its a coincidence that its never happened before, until 31st Jan passed along with Patel's appointment and subsequent mismangement of seemingly everything

Oh god a package was damaged in transit. Second referendum now please.
its one thing damage caused in transit , theres several courier companies that almost every one knows are renowned for not being too careful with packages.... it a whole different thing when its via postal services , and damage is by the Home Office Border Force who have, due to sheer carelessness caused irreparable damage to near irreplaceable items entrusted to the mail services

Not at all relevant to this debate, but I am reminded of story a few years ago where we sent a birthday card to a family member living in Australia at the time. We sent the card to arrive in plenty of time, but it never did.....that is until 2 months later when our relative received a letter from the Oz border force with a photocopy of said card enclosed.

They explained that as the card incorporated a leaf into its design, they could not allow it into the country on biosecurity grounds, but they would fumigate and send the original on at a cost of 75 dollars.

Naturally we and they declined to pay!

I won't comment on Patel - history will be her judge (unfortunately once much damage has been done).

Its got f`all to do with either Brexit or Pritti Patel and he knows it.

UKBF have always had the powers to inspect and examine packages and operate to guidance that is independently audited. Try this from 2016 (pre-Brexit & pre PP)

Yes its sad something valuable got damaged in transit, but it happens.

He (I) :sneaky: actually does think its part of Patel's bullying, control -freak nature and that its more than
coincidental that its come in post 31st Jan ( I am quite cynical by nature!),.....as its only 'now' that Home Office Border Force -( actually, who are they? Patel's personal army perhaps? )- are opening ( it appears) all packages from Europe sent by post, as a matter of course, wheras previously, Customs carried out checks by X ray ( initially) at Mount Pleasant postal services office, on all international packages arriving in the Uk

IF the standard X-ray flags up reason for concern, of course addiditional invistigation is applied- its been that way for a decade or two... however, in the case of two out of three 'standard' packages being opened & damaged, it appears that more, not less red tape , the opposite of what part of Brexit was supposed to be about, is being applied . An early example of what taking back control really means I suppose ? :rolleyes:

Well packaged records - theres an internationally adhered to standard of packing for records by almost all with an interest in record collecting- are very, very rarely damaged in transit, ..... damage caused by Patel's Home Office border Force , who it appears are incapable of using X-ray machines, is not IMO damaged in transit, its damaged while undergoing additional, previously not applied red tape and IMO intrusive too

For reference - example of vinyl packaging as used internationally (for 1 x 45)

Standard 45 card Record Mailer ( marked FRAGILE)... inside packaging 2 x 7" x 7" with the record inbetween
them and then inside the record mailer

Standard X-ray wouldnt not flag up anything requiring additional investigation (as theres nothing there to be investigated)

Note - this , just arrived -cheers postie- package was sent by a UK record dealer, so wasnt subjected to Patel's taking back control Home Office Border Force careless intrusion (thankfully)

88077258_202177417523878_4008633521571627008_n.jpg

You do know that selection of packages is random? It isn`t Priti Patel reading this forum and deciding to bully & harass aging record collectors?
Going back to Ms Patel it seems that she likes to "say it how it is" which is now considered as bullying in this new woke/snowflake world we live in.
Some individual was "so distressed" she took an "overdose" of unnamed prescription meds and then lay on her desk after the meeting when she was going to be told she was out the door. Over reacting drama queen IMHO.
I doubt she`s that bothered as she got her £25k compo pre-tribunal.

I`m concerned that @Sarge s obsession with PP is as bad as mine with Greta. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

You would wouldn`t you?
1583246875221.png

You do know that selection of packages is random? It isn`t Priti Patel reading this forum and deciding to bully & harass aging record collectors?
Going back to Ms Patel it seems that she likes to "say it how it is" which is now considered as bullying in this new woke/snowflake world we live in.
Some individual was "so distressed" she took an "overdose" of unnamed prescription meds and then lay on her desk after the meeting when she was going to be told she was out the door. Over reacting drama queen IMHO.
I doubt she`s that bothered as she got her £25k compo pre-tribunal.

I`m concerned that @Sarge s obsession with PP is as bad as mine with Greta. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

You would wouldn`t you?
View attachment 3025

my dislike of PP stems from her ( probably) treasonable acts involving Israel .... at the very least following that she shouldve been removed from holding any political office, including that of an MP ..... Apparently all her 'failings', proven and as yet under investigation to those in the real world are sought after and admirable qualities for a Tory minister under Cummingss and Bojo :( :oops: :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom