National News The Brexit Thread 🇬🇧🇪🇺

In my opinion it looks a mess, and scruffy, and group of people with no scruples. No care for anyone in there street or there neighbours.

It looks up north judging by the poor terraced housing, but I for one wouldn’t want that on my door step. Perhaps you would appreciate it, and jump in the pool with them if they were your neighbours..

These people are probably the kind that have to dig a hole in the grass back home to take a dump.

Anyway, how do you feel about our transfer activity this summer, I’ve not seen you comment there, so thought I’d ask for your thoughts…
Terraced houses are found all over the UK, even in genteel Oxford. I imagine you don!t have 'people like that' on your doorstep, so not sure why you find them so offensive. You clearly have no personal knowledge of 'these people' but still feel you wouldn't want them near you. Your reference to digging a hole is bizarre, unsubstantiated and fairly ignorant.

Last edited:
Terraced houses are found all over the UK, even in genteel Oxford. I imagine you don!t have 'people like that' on your doorstep, so not sure why you find them so offensive. You clearly have no personal knowledge of 'these people' but still feel you wouldn't want them near you. Your reference to digging a hole is bizarre, unsubstantiated and fairly ignorant.

It’s looks like it could be Lincolnshire up North anyway. I just think it looks a mess, and brings the place down. If you’d visit some of these East European nations or looked in to remote villages they have no plumbing system, and must go to the bathroom in the fields or forest. That was my point about digging a hole, so it’s not really that bizarre.

What I do find bizarre, and that it’s taken over a week for someone to find my picture offensive.

Again how do you feel about our transfer activity so far? Expectations for the season. Thought id ask as you don’t seem to write in any of the match day threads, and Transfer threads.

You should take part in them, because there is more to the forum than Brexit threads and COVID threads.

Hope you had a good weekend.

It’s looks like it could be Lincolnshire up North anyway. I just think it looks a mess, and brings the place down. If you’d visit some of these East European nations or looked in to remote villages they have no plumbing system, and must go to the bathroom in the fields or forest. That was my point about digging a hole, so it’s not really that bizarre.

What I do find bizarre, and that it’s taken over a week for someone to find my picture offensive.

Again how do you feel about our transfer activity so far? Expectations for the season. Thought id ask as you don’t seem to write in any of the match day threads, and Transfer threads.

You should take part in them, because there is more to the forum than Brexit threads and COVID threads.

Hope you had a good weekend.
Must admit, your posts often get a reaction, which I guess is your aim, so well done. I remember you once confused the South Holland local authority district in Lincolnshire with the southern part of the Netherlands. That was a particularly good one.

The picture wasn't offensive, it was just strange that you thought it worthy of disdain. Boring, indeed.

People on here saying not sure where the problem is… I’m sure you wouldn’t want them rocking up as your neighbours, and doing that outside your house, and in the street. Of course your going to say they’ve merged in this country, and not causing any harm.

For me it’s looks a pikey/gypsy thing to do. Normal people with any sense would do that in there back gardens. Not in the middle of the street. Also if they don’t have a back garden most people would go to there community pools. Like we did as youngsters. Temple Cowley pools, Ferry Pool, Hinksey pool etc.

Last edited:
People on here saying not sure where the problem is… I’m sure you wouldn’t want them rocking up as your neighbours, and doing that outside your house, and in the street. Of course your going to say they’ve merged in this country, and not causing any harm.

For me it’s looks a pikey/gypsy thing to do. Normal people with any sense would do that in there back gardens. Not in the middle of the street. Also if they don’t have a back garden most people would go to there community pools. Like we did as youngsters. Temple Cowley pools, Ferry Pool, Hinksey pool etc.
You don't even know the ethnicity of the people in the photo, let alone their country of origin. Yet still you talk about them 'merging' and refer to pikeys / gypsies. Your bigotry is there for all to see.

Last edited:

Pikey/gypsy? Are you terminally thick? You do realise this is 2021, right? @SteMerritt @Mods action please

There are a lot of examples of English people I saw during Euro 2020 that I wouldn't want rocking up as my neighbour.

Also lots of examples of Eastern Europeans that I work with and count as good friends.

There are a lot of examples of English people I saw during Euro 2020 that I wouldn't want rocking up as my neighbour.

Also lots of examples of Eastern Europeans that I work with and count as good friends.

Im not tarnishing them with the same brush. I also have collegues that are Polish, Hungarian, and Slovakian, and Bulgarian and Romanian. That are very decent and friendly. It’s only a small minority!

My whole point is I don’t think it’s right or normal to do what they are doing in the middle of the street. Do that back home, but it’s not acceptable in this country, and I’ve never ever seen it.

Im not tarnishing them with the same brush. I also have collegues that are Polish, Hungarian, and Slovakian, and Bulgarian and Romanian. That are very decent and friendly. It’s only a small minority!

My whole point is I don’t think it’s right or normal to do what they are doing in the middle of the street. Do that back home, but it’s not acceptable in this country, and I’ve never ever seen it.
There you go again! 'Do that back home' you say, but you have no idea what their 'back home' is. Do you see how ridiculous some of your comments are?

Pikey/gypsy? Are you terminally thick? You do realise this is 2021, right? @SteMerritt @Mods action please

😂 You are a bit juvenile aren’t you. Action please. It’s a forum, we are free to speech! It’s for debate too, and it’s good to have differing opinions.

I think your a bit thick lad!

All coming from a picture posted over a week ago. If it was such a problem then it would of been removed.

Grow up sunshine, and look forward to Cambridge.

There you go again! 'Do that back home' you say, but you have no idea what their 'back home' is. Do you see how ridiculous some of your comments are?
Your a very sensitive chap aren’t you. It’s taken you a week to comment on it.

Ridiculous comments on, perhaps if you joined in other threads you’d see that the majority of my posts aren’t so ridiculous.

Supermarket HGV lads were on £350 a day.

Now it's as much as £850-£1k...... a day.

A massive rise in salaries for them, increase in tax revenue, win-win.

And an Avocado shortage win-win-win 🥑

Supermarket HGV lads were on £350 a day.

Now it's as much as £850-£1k...... a day.

A massive rise in salaries for them, increase in tax revenue, win-win.

And an Avocado shortage win-win-win 🥑
Yes because 150% wage inflation virtually overnight is healthy and sustainable in any sector🤡

I know you're of the "I'm alright Jack" persuasion, but I don't think you've really thought this one through have you?

Back
Top Bottom