National News The Brexit Thread 🇬🇧🇪🇺

Whereas the GDPR legislation clearly states you must not retain data longer than it is needed.
Source: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisation...egulation-gdpr/principles/storage-limitation/
  • You must not keep personal data for longer than you need it.
  • You need to think about – and be able to justify – how long you keep personal data. This will depend on your purposes for holding the data.
  • You need a policy setting standard retention periods wherever possible, to comply with documentation requirements.
  • You should also periodically review the data you hold, and erase or anonymise it when you no longer need it.
  • You must carefully consider any challenges to your retention of data. Individuals have a right to erasure if you no longer need the data.
  • You can keep personal data for longer if you are only keeping it for public interest archiving, scientific or historical research, or statistical purposes.
It can easily be argued that once notified of someones death the reason for retention also expires. The DWP won`t be told how someone died, just the fact they have.

I`m not saying it is right but it is just one of many circumstances where one arm of legislation conflicts with an event in the future that was unforeseeable at the time.

I would argue that an investigation as to why somebody has committed suicide and whether your organisation is partially/fully the cause will allow the data to be kept longer than this data has been conveniently got rid of.

I would argue that an investigation as to why somebody has committed suicide and whether your organisation is partially/fully the cause will allow the data to be kept longer than this data has been conveniently got rid of.

If the investigation of that aspect starts after the data has been destroyed, due to internal policy related to GDPR, then that is a policy failure rather than a "convenient cover up".
Two sides to every debate.

Dear Theresa

FYI on negotiating trade deals

Love
Boris x

;)

You mean just go straight to no deal, brilliant negotiating position that hindering access to a huge market on our doorstep, absolute genius. Watch BMW and other large employers who trade with the EU start moving operations out of the UK, absolute genius negotiators these are. At least we'll have somewhere to build a new stadium though.

There is a certain irony to today's ruling that LHR 3rd runway is illegal, given that 33% of our global exports go out through it. It will significantly hamper any further expansion of that global export market just as we seek to strike out on our own as the new optimistic, can-do "Global Britain"....oh well!

https://www.heathrowexpansion.com/uk-growth-opportunities/trade-export-growth/

And which member of the government was it who said he'd lie down in front of the bulldozers to stop it I wonder :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Little chance of a rethink there....Boris wants it dead and buried, much like his true ambition for our economy.

Loads of (probably hollow) announcements on public spending (400 hospitals, 20k dibble....yadda, yadda)....very little new coming in to boost the economy and possibly pay for it and certainly no tax hikes for the rich cronies.....borrow, borrow, borrow.

shouldnt that read love Dominic ? .... Cummings has advocated No Deal all along :(:mad::mad:
It's really David Frost's baby all that stuff. Cummings supposedly has his eyes on other things internally.

Such as finding kids cartoons to quote to the media. Very important to him

There is a certain irony to today's ruling that LHR 3rd runway is illegal, given that 33% of our global exports go out through it. It will significantly hamper any further expansion of that global export market just as we seek to strike out on our own as the new optimistic, can-do "Global Britain"....oh well!

And which member of the government was it who said he'd lie down in front of the bulldozers to stop it I wonder :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Little chance of a rethink there....Boris wants it dead and buried, much like his true ambition for our economy.

Loads of (probably hollow) announcements on public spending (400 hospitals, 20k dibble....yadda, yadda)....very little new coming in to boost the economy and possibly pay for it and certainly no tax hikes for the rich cronies.....borrow, borrow, borrow.
I don't have it to hand at the moment, but supposedly GB are one of the highest taxed western economies, contrary to popular opinion and are due tax cuts - something the last Chancellor ackknowledged via a "retweet". So of course it begs the question, what in the hell have we spent the money on with austerity?

As for Heathrow, going to be an interesting one to monitor. Some talk is the Paris Accord doesn't cover it and it's a technicality the airport can easily work on. So very much not over yet

Manchester are already doubling the Size of Terminal 2, Birmingham has announced similar, Stansted are currently battling with the District Council to expand, East Midlands are expanding................................

Pretty much every large airport in the UK is growing (sorry Greta). :D

Heathrow will happen because consumerism & £££££`s will crush any objection slowly but surely.

I don't actually believe Boris gives two stuffs whether it happens or not...just another populist bandwagon he's jumped on to try and hoodwink the gullible into believing he's a man of da peeple

He's was all for the Thames tideway airport not so long back...another vanity construction project (which he seems drawn to, like a massive twatty moth to a lamp).

• Haha
Reactions: m
Manchester are already doubling the Size of Terminal 2, Birmingham has announced similar, Stansted are currently battling with the District Council to expand, East Midlands are expanding................................

Pretty much every large airport in the UK is growing (sorry Greta). :D

Heathrow will happen because consumerism & £££££`s will crush any objection slowly but surely.
Manchester, Gatwick, East Mids and Stanstead accounted for just under 11% of exports between them in 2017. That's going to be some expansion to try and make any significant difference.

To put Heathrows importance in context, it exports more (in value) than Manchest, Gatwick, East Mids, Stanstead, The port of Southampton (our biggest sea export port), The port of Liverpool and The port of Immingham combined.

Other just can't come close to Heathrow nor substitute for it's importance and location as a preferred export point.

And your obsession with Greta is concerning. Mind you she and her like-minded generation is the future...we are the past, so get used to it ;)

Manchester, Gatwick, East Mids and Stanstead accounted for just under 11% of exports between them in 2017. That's going to be some expansion to try and make any significant difference.

To put Heathrows importance in context, it exports more (in value) than Manchest, Gatwick, East Mids, Stanstead, The port of Southampton (our biggest sea export port), The port of Liverpool and The port of Immingham combined.

Other just can't come close to Heathrow nor substitute for it's importance and location as a preferred export point.

And your obsession with Greta is concerning. Mind you she and her like-minded generation is the future...we are the past, so get used to it ;)

East Mids is the UK`s busiest pure cargo airport.
How the "value" is measured is a moot point.
If you are shipping Gold bullion/Diamonds etc out of Heathrow then that is a lot of anything else to balance up the finances. ;)

Point being that the whole climate change circus isn`t going to stop the growth of an expanding population of consumerists. Sorry Greta. :)

East Mids is the UK`s busiest pure cargo airport.
How the "value" is measured is a moot point.
If you are shipping Gold bullion/Diamonds etc out of Heathrow then that is a lot of anything else to balance up the finances. ;)

Point being that the whole climate change circus isn`t going to stop the growth of an expanding population of consumerists. Sorry Greta. :)
An interesting twist is the environmental legislation for net zero rushed through Parliament last summer without near enough scrutiny could have a sting in the tail after this ruling. Basically, any large infrastructure project could fall foul with this ruling.

Could be an interesting few years trying to level up and keep at net zero. If we left the Paris accord, we'd have more flex...

I thought I would post this before @Sarge does.

I find it rather galling that his family had less contact with him in 2 years than the DWP.......... until there is a chance of a court case after his awful death, and the inevitable compensation.

If that was a member of your family would you take some responsibility or dump it all on the DWP?

I find it rather galling that his family had less contact with him in 2 years than the DWP.......... until there is a chance of a court case after his awful death, and the inevitable compensation.

If that was a member of your family would you take some responsibility or dump it all on the DWP?
Family comes first (IMO)

the cynic in me is wondering if 'someone' has seen potential £ signs, after the event, on this one?

While DWP have a lot to answer for (on this and similar tragic events) .... If his estranged family havent bothered with him when he was alive, when they were in position to provide help and support, I do wonder if the distatesful American practice known as ambulance chasing, by less than ethically driven members of the legal profession, isnt driving this situation :( :mad:

I thought I read that the DWP wrote to him for 2 years about his payments before stopping them? If so, do they keep payments going indefinitely or what else are the DWP supposed to do in light of not having unlimited resources? It's so hard

Sadly, Mr Graham's history is very prevalent among a particular non-race/gender minority and it's very hard to find the right balance between making people accountable for their actions and having to manage them to ensure they can live healthily. In practical terms, the DWP cannot be responsible for closely looking after every person they interact with and if a claimant (not alleging this of Mr Graham) is awkward, abusive or unresponsive, it makes the humans in the DWP life even harder.

The fact the family stepped back for 2 years concerns me greatly. No matter how awkward things can get, I could never effectively ghost anyone in my family as they seem to have done.

Post Brexit Britain ... the down side 1) A good friend of mine had 3 packages (each containing rare vinyl records) arrive by post today , 5-6 days later than they usually take, all three came with what may end up being referred to Pritti Tape resealing them after theyve been opened in transit. One containing a very rare 45 , which was bought a in Mint minus condition (for over £1000 plus £30 insured postage had a deep cut/gouge about 1cm from the edge of the package approx 5mm long, deeper at one end, rendering the 45 unplayable!!! - it seems the nosey border agency used a stanley knife and took absolutely no care when opening the package. Yes its insured, yes eventually he'll get reimbursed, but that isnt the point (the point that did the damage appears to be on the stanley knife), the point is they have Xray machines so need need whatsoever to open an insured package clearly ( if xrayed) containing a record. In another of his opened packages was a rare vinyl LP in Mint - condition with a pristine sleeve , or it was when purchased (for £200+ insured postage), after opening the package it appears little care was taken to reseal the package as the border agency reseal tape was stuck to the album sleeve, causing a sizeable tear to the previously pristine album sleeve artwork- irreversably damaging it. Again an insururance claim should, eventually, reimburse his outlay. Again the Xray machine would have been all that was required IMO

Unnecessary bureaucratic red tape was what Bojo and his Brexiteering cavaliers proclaimed they would put a stop to ... Another Bojo lie it appears :mad: :mad: :mad:

85196772_2586660551579484_8117542452056817664_n.jpg

Unopened as yet, third package intercepted and opened, then resealed by Border Force , with Pritti Patel calling the shots!
hopefully with no damage???

*Edit. 2 with seriously damaged content, 3rd time lucky, the content of the third package (above) was actually undamaged!

Last edited:
Post Brexit Britain ... the down side 1) A good friend of mine had 3 packages (each containing rare vinyl records) arrive by post today , 5-6 days later than they usually take, all three came with what may end up being referred to Pritti Tape resealing them after theyve been opened in transit. One containing a very rare 45 , which was bought a in Mint minus condition (for over £1000 plus £30 insured postage had a deep cut/gouge about 1cm from the edge of the package approx 5mm long, deeper at one end, rendering the 45 unplayable!!! - it seems the nosey border agency used a stanley knife and took absolutely no care when opening the package. Yes its insured, yes eventually he'll get reimbursed, but that isnt the point (the point that did the damage appears to be on the stanley knife), the point is they have Xray machines so need need whatsoever to open an insured package clearly ( if xrayed) containing a record. In another of his opened packages was a rare vinyl LP in Mint - condition with a pristine sleeve , or it was when purchased (for £200+ insured postage), after opening the package it appears little care was taken to reseal the package as the border agency reseal tape was stuck to the album sleeve, causing a sizeable tear to the previously pristine album sleeve artwork- irreversably damaging it. Again an insururance claim should, eventually, reimburse his outlay. Again the Xray machine would have been all that was required IMO

Unnecessary bureaucratic red tape was what Bojo and his Brexiteering cavaliers proclaimed they would put a stop to ... Another Bojo lie it appears :mad: :mad: :mad:

Unopened as yet, third package intercepted and opened, then resealed by Border Force , with Pritti Patel calling the shots!
hopefully with no damage???

*Edit. 2 with seriously damaged content, 3rd time lucky, the content of the third package (above) was actually undamaged!

Have you not seen the TV programmes as to how drugs etc are smuggled in?

So someone in the UKBF got a bit careless with a Stanley and it`s the direct fault of the Home Secretary ?

Jeezus H. There are 3.65 BILLION packages shipped into the UK ........ your mate was unlucky, its why there is insurance.

Back
Top Bottom