National News The Brexit Thread 🇬🇧🇪🇺

It says produced and packaged by the farm who provide the meat, from the UK.

Is this your photo or something from Google a few years ago as I remember seeing something posted online.
Think that image came from some mislabelled bags Tesco had a few months back.

Good luck getting your local, British produce! Most of these things rely on people to pick them, slaughter them or milk them. Unfortunately they’re all off home to Latvia, Estonia, Romania and so on.

So you agree it's a dreadful deal (worth 0.02% of our GDP by the way) then...good to know.

Such a pity that Boris thinks this is an example of Global Britain at it's best. He think we'll sell.loads of British made cars to the Aussies. So we're proposing to export UK made Nissans to them with Japan virtually on their doorstep......

God help us[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
If you were told the Aussies were sending each UK citizen a piece of gold bullion you'd still find a reason to bash it, and I think that's a shame

So you agree it's a dreadful deal (worth 0.02% of our GDP by the way) then...good to know.

Such a pity that Boris thinks this is an example of Global Britain at it's best. He think we'll sell.loads of British made cars to the Aussies. So we're proposing to export UK made Nissans to them with Japan virtually on their doorstep......

God help us[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
I don’t disagree, except with your geography! It’s actually a long way from Japan to Oz, a bit like saying Albuquerque is virtually on UKs doorstep! (8100km. For reference it is ~9600 from UK to Japan and 14000 from Uk to Oz.)

If you were told the Aussies were sending each UK citizen a piece of gold bullion you'd still find a reason to bash it, and I think that's a shame
Can't decide if that would be considered bribery or foreign aid[emoji848]
Don't get me wrong, I am all for good trade deals, I just think that the get brexit done government are falling over themselves to portray this as some major coup when it really isn't.

It is insignificant at best.

I don’t disagree, except with your geography! It’s actually a long way from Japan to Oz, a bit like saying Albuquerque is virtually on UKs doorstep! (8100km. For reference it is ~9600 from UK to Japan and 14000 from Uk to Oz.)

Yeah you're right, that is a long way. And emphasises just how far away Oz is from most places when it comes to meaningful export and import deals! It was Bojo who mentioned that UK manufactured cars would now be cheaper for Australian consumers as a major plus of the deal, but I can't imagine it will be a significant market, compared to those manufactured in Asia. So it rather sounds like over-egging the pudding to me!

According to 9 News, Japanese car imports to Australia accounted for 1/3 of all cars sold in Australia in the first half of 2018, with a further quarter coming from Thailand. In fact Oz now imports all new cars as Toyota, Ford and Holden have all closed their plants haven't they?

Yeah you're right, that is a long way. And emphasises just how far away Oz is from most places when it comes to meaningful export and import deals! It was Bojo who mentioned that UK manufactured cars would now be cheaper for Australian consumers as a major plus of the deal, but I can't imagine it will be a significant market, compared to those manufactured in Asia. So it rather sounds like over-egging the pudding to me!

According to 9 News, Japanese car imports to Australia accounted for 1/3 of all cars sold in Australia in the first half of 2018, with a further quarter coming from Thailand. In fact Oz now imports all new cars as Toyota, Ford and Holden have all closed their plants haven't they?
Yup. The best opportunity is for anyone who decides to saturate the ev market in Oz as they will make killing. There’s a huge appetite, but the domestic offsets against petrol car sales for the manufacturers make it unviable.
(That’s confusing … eg vw need to sell all their Evs in Germany because they get a massive penalty for each petrol car sale which can only be offset by domestic ev sales. They can’t afford to ship them to us. If anyone apart from Tesla can, then they will cream it here).

Most, if not all fresh beef,pork and chicken sold in the major UK supermarkets is 100% British.
That won’t change.
You may well be correct but the truth is we don't know and this government want us to believe everything even opposites. e.g this will mean cheaper food/imports will be negligible. Cake/eat/cake/eat/cake/eat ad nauseam -literally (as the kids say!).

Yup. The best opportunity is for anyone who decides to saturate the ev market in Oz as they will make killing. There’s a huge appetite, but the domestic offsets against petrol car sales for the manufacturers make it unviable.
(That’s confusing … eg vw need to sell all their Evs in Germany because they get a massive penalty for each petrol car sale which can only be offset by domestic ev sales. They can’t afford to ship them to us. If anyone apart from Tesla can, then they will cream it here).
Is the market big enough to sustain EV production in Oz itself I wonder?

Obviously makes no odds to our trade deal however....

Good luck getting your local, British produce! Most of these things rely on people to pick them, slaughter them or milk them. Unfortunately they’re all off home to Latvia, Estonia, Romania and so on.
So we've been out for 6 months now - I went to the supermarket (Sainsburys) over the weekend and managed to find British meat and veg. I didn't look for British milk, but I imagine I probably would have found it quite easily.

Can you tell me when I won't be able to find local British produce please? I just want a date in my head, because you know its been 6 months and no problems so far...

So we've been out for 6 months now - I went to the supermarket (Sainsburys) over the weekend and managed to find British meat and veg. I didn't look for British milk, but I imagine I probably would have found it quite easily.

Can you tell me when I won't be able to find local British produce please? I just want a date in my head, because you know its been 6 months and no problems so far...
@QR thinks the labelling is a lie! So you are already eating non-British meat and veg :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom