National News The Brexit Thread πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Ί

Mmm let's see.
As you said Mmmm let’s see.
The Guardian the paper regularly used for quotes by some now has UK growth upgraded to 6.8%. This figure is more Spain France Italy or Germany and it is believed could go higher.

As you said Mmmm let’s see.
The Guardian the paper regularly used for quotes by some now has UK growth upgraded to 6.8%. This figure is more Spain France Italy or Germany and it is believed could go higher.

The UK economy contracted more in 2020 compared to EU (-10% vs 8%). So yes, a higher bounce-back in 2021 should be expected in Blighty.

But it's nonsense to suggest that UK ex-pats and holiday makers are desperately needed to rescue the economies of our European bredwin.

All these figures! All these guesses! Personally, I'm waiting until 2066 to make a judgement about the benefits / disbenefits of leaving the EU. That's 50 years after Brexit and when the venerable Jacob Rees-Mogg suggested we might be able to make an informed decision. I'll be 110 years old by then, mind.

The UK economy contracted more in 2020 compared to EU (-10% vs 8%). So yes, a higher bounce-back in 2021 should be expected in Blighty.
I was saying this a year ago, when a few people were spitting feathers over any suggestions that we were doing anything less than fantastically well. The harder you stack it to begin with, the higher your percentage β€˜bounce back’ should be by default. If you have Β£100 and lose half of it, but then claw Β£20 of it back once you turn the corner, your so-called recovery will look seriously impressive statistically, but you’ve still only got Β£70. You have lost almost a third of all of your cash compared to when you started. Someone else can lose a quarter of their Β£100 where you lost half of it, and then β€˜only’ claw Β£10 back compared to your Β£20, but in this scenario they’ve got Β£85 of their original Β£100. They’ve done significantly better than you, but your percentage will trounce theirs.

Fortunately for the mafia running this gaff these days, most people aren’t clever enough to understand that.

Wooing the wealthy in Luton........

Technology, going green and we can now chuck in "government assistance" if we wish....
Just a shame that Liz Truss is "putting out" for just about anyone who might want to do any kind of deal. Not that we're looking desperate or anything......

Oh and one of the faces of Tim Martin!!

😳😳😳 FFS!

Seems (and I use the word 'seems' advisedly) that Mr Martin's views on the effects of Brexit are changeable. Unfortunately (speaking as a Remainer, sorry, a Remoaner) pro-Brexit literature displayed in his pubs at the time of the referendum definitely impacted the thinking of some people.

I met one guy who'd never voted in any election before, but registered to vote in the referendum because he was so certain Brexit was the only sensible option. He did this after reading a leaflet in our local Wetherspoons. He was apparently unmoved by - or possibly unaware of - any arguments for staying in the EU.

What will Brexit success actually look like? (At time of writing of course. It may have to be revised on a periodic basis)

Just make an unevidenced meme and people will believe everything........... that will be success. ;)

Or you can read real stuff....
images

Back
Top Bottom