National News The Brexit Thread 🇬🇧🇪🇺

Irrespective of "The Not So Independent" what is so wrong with having control of who enters & leaves?
Easy enough to add seasonal easements for fruit pickers etc until we establish the needs of the country.

As for the grooming gangs that is a direct correlation and result of not being able to say "It is Pakistani Muslim Men that have a propensity to abuse under age girls" without being labelled a racist/islamaphobe/bigot is it not?

Underage white girls. The grooming gangs tend to leave Pakistani and Asian girls alone.

We aren't allowed to talk about that though, equality and inclusivity and all that.

Sir Philip Rutnam aka Dr No (because he is so obstructive to work with) is the chap who has fallen out with Amber Rubb and Priti Patel - Theresa Villiers has mentioned misogyny in regards to the Home Office and their leaders, so there is that I suppose.

Turns out MI5 rumours are false and statements have been released - although few will read them - too counter it. Apparently strongly worded too

Well isn't this peachy?

I smell a fall out between us and them soon. Get that popcorn out!

And get ready for No Deal too.

Cummings aim has always been No Deal Brexit ... Bojo and the rest of the cast of puppets will do exactly what Cummings tells them to do

Cummings aim has always been No Deal Brexit ... Bojo and the rest of the cast of puppets will do exactly what Cummings tells them to do
According to the papers at the weekend Boris and Dom aren't seeing eye to eye over some things at the moment. I don't think Cummings is as powerful as people with your views believe him to be! But he is a convenient straw man to call upon.

If you read the David Frost speech from last week, you get a sense for where the UK wants to go in this - a very good speech sadly under reported because the press weren't given great access to it. If the EU really wants to maintain a level playing field, they are more deluded than even I thought! We'd be lowering standards to comply and hamstringing ourselves unnecessarily - a vassal state. No thanks, No Deal is preferable.

If only they had negotiated in sincerity with Call Me Dave - maybe this could have been avoided. They didn't thankfully :D

"I think looking forward, we are going to have a huge advantage over the EU – the ability to set regulations for new sectors, the new ideas, and new conditions – quicker than the EU can, and based on sound science not fear of the future. "

? ?

"I am looking forward to having the moon on a stick, kissing Mr Trump's as$e, paying my workers less money - the ability to offshore my money to avoid the tax the proles have to pay - and to base industrial relations on fear of the future."

:sick: :sick:

Life expectancies are worse in the EU aren't they? So we'll no longer keep their stats up soon enough!

"I think looking forward, we are going to have a huge advantage over the EU – the ability to set regulations for new sectors, the new ideas, and new conditions – quicker than the EU can, and based on sound science not fear of the future. "

? ?
And that is what those idiots allowed to happen. Too arrogant to think we'd do it and trying to put the toothpaste into the tube afterwards.

Here's a list for you, we are quite a way down...

Fear not. When all those Brexit voting ex-pats are turfed out of Spanish Costas and repatriated, our LE will rocket!

And to make it even worse for the EU, when Turkey join their LE will plummet.

So, yah boo sucks to you Juncker!!!

:rolleyes:

Fear not. When all those Brexit voting ex-pats are turfed out of Spanish Costas and repatriated, our LE will rocket!

And to make it even worse for the EU, when Turkey join their LE will plummet.

So, yah boo sucks to you Juncker!!!

:rolleyes:

Lot of young people in Turkey but they aren`t joining, as was often said during the campaign, so won`t make much odds........................... :)

Unless there is a large financial hole for the EU to plug................... ;)

84 million could chip in a lot of contributions...................................

Shocking and outrageous....but not at all a surprise with Cummings insisting cabinet ministers get shot of thier departmental advisers and answer to him instead! ....how long before the book burning begins? .....

Shocking and outrageous....but not at all a surprise with Cummings insisting cabinet ministers get shot of thier departmental advisers and answer to him instead! ....how long before the book burning begins? .....

Whereas the GDPR legislation clearly states you must not retain data longer than it is needed.
Source: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisation...egulation-gdpr/principles/storage-limitation/
  • You must not keep personal data for longer than you need it.
  • You need to think about – and be able to justify – how long you keep personal data. This will depend on your purposes for holding the data.
  • You need a policy setting standard retention periods wherever possible, to comply with documentation requirements.
  • You should also periodically review the data you hold, and erase or anonymise it when you no longer need it.
  • You must carefully consider any challenges to your retention of data. Individuals have a right to erasure if you no longer need the data.
  • You can keep personal data for longer if you are only keeping it for public interest archiving, scientific or historical research, or statistical purposes.
It can easily be argued that once notified of someones death the reason for retention also expires. The DWP won`t be told how someone died, just the fact they have.

I`m not saying it is right but it is just one of many circumstances where one arm of legislation conflicts with an event in the future that was unforeseeable at the time.

Whereas the GDPR legislation clearly states you must not retain data longer than it is needed.
Source: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisation...egulation-gdpr/principles/storage-limitation/
  • You need to think about – and be able to justify – how long you keep personal data. This will depend on your purposes for holding the data.
  • You need a policy setting standard retention periods wherever possible, to comply with documentation requirements.
  • You should also periodically review the data you hold, and erase or anonymise it when you no longer need it.
  • You must carefully consider any challenges to your retention of data. Individuals have a right to erasure if you no longer need the data.
  • You can keep personal data for longer if you are only keeping it for public interest archiving, scientific or historical research, or statistical purposes.
It can easily be argued that once notified of someones death the reason for retention also expires. The DWP won`t be told how someone died, just the fact they have.

I`m not saying it is right but it is just one of many circumstances where one arm of legislation conflicts with an event in the future that was unforeseeable at the time.
And the problem with GDPR, from experience, a lot of organisations have no idea how to comply with the law, so some are quite aggressive in removing data. So if the data officer is of the mindset, they will do what they deem is appropriate to comply.

An unfortunate and unintended implementation of a well meaning law!

legeslative left hand & right hand not communicating ? ... I cant wait for it to improve with Cummings as chief adviser to all Ministerial departments, it will improve soon, wont it? :unsure: :rolleyes:

And of course Cummings will lead by example when it comes to compliance with GDPR and Government Security Classifications (which all departments and their NGOs are bound by)
[emoji849]

Back
Top Bottom