National News The Brexit Thread 🇬🇧🇪🇺

Haha

‘Brexit will be good for the economy, any talk of businesses leaving is project fear’

‘See, businesses are leaving!’

‘God, stop going on about it already’

1 niche business making dog chews...........hardly Nissan is it?

Not wishing to be dull but EHC`s (important as they are to all parties) have always been required for non-European countries.

Now, if chappy couldn`t work out in the 4 to 5 years that we were going to become a non-European country ourselves then there is little hope.

Back in November 2020 even those EU loving Scots had it clearly spelt out on their website what folk would need.... https://spice-spotlight.scot/2020/11/30/after-the-transition-period-export-health-certificates/

He has chosen a better option for his niche business, it won`t apply to everyone and each business will make the choice that suits them best. The vast majority will want to get through Covid and see what happens then, even those across the Channel...
The vote leave campaign and even our own Government didn’t grasp this until recently, either through ignorance or deception.

The people who actually were pointing this stuff out early on were dismissed as unpatriotic Remoaners or Citizens of nowhere. In some cases by the Government themselves.

You can’t blame businesses for getting confused by the mixed messaging, particularly where the Government are concerned. It’s their mess after all

You mean like that "Free Trade Deal" we joined 40 or so years ago? If only that hadn`t evolved into the USE....... ;)
Going to cost all of UK business a lot more now....and no chance of influencing the needed reform either. What a wasted opportunity.

Last time the UK tried to influence change in the EU we made a P**s poor attempt and sent your favourite pet toff Tory of the day Cameron, who was clearly about as effective as a wet fart, which he then went on to prove by his shambolic Remain campaign.

Just another in a long line of useless Tory Eton toffs.

Of course the alternative (and where we seem to be heading) is suck it up and pass on the costs to the consumer or cease trading with roughly half of our export market, right on our doorstep.

And if you think that is the solution (after all you have said business needs to adapt or die), it's a very odd position for someone who rails against cheap Chinese crap flooding the UK market....because I guess we're likely to see rather more of it and from other far flung markets too in future under your adapt or die mantra.

Collaboration and cooperation needs to go far far further than trade to be truly effective, especially on a global stage where the individual countries are inconsequential.

Still, if you are happy being one of the USA's or A N other superpower's several bagmen and courtiers....

• React
Reactions: QR
Going to cost all of UK business a lot more now....and no chance of influencing the needed reform either. What a wasted opportunity.

Last time the UK tried to influence change in the EU we made a P**s poor attempt and sent your favourite pet toff Tory of the day Cameron, who was clearly about as effective as a wet fart, which he then went on to prove by his shambolic Remain campaign.

Just another in a long line of useless Tory Eton toffs.

Of course the alternative (and where we seem to be heading) is suck it up and pass on the costs to the consumer or cease trading with roughly half of our export market, right on our doorstep.

And if you think that is the solution (after all you have said business needs to adapt or die), it's a very odd position for someone who rails against cheap Chinese crap flooding the UK market....because I guess we're likely to see rather more of it and from other far flung markets too in future under your adapt or die mantra.

Collaboration and cooperation needs to go far far further than trade to be truly effective, especially on a global stage where the individual countries are inconsequential.

Still, if you are happy being one of the USA's or A N other superpower's several bagmen and courtiers....

I`ll agree with Cameron being powder puff, he`s a remainer. ;)

We needed to send in another Mrs T but we were a bit lacking in that department as all the political parties were/are aiming for the mediocre middle ground.

Trading deals get a great big tick from me.

"United States of Europe", which many could see looming over the horizon, ...... that`s where it went wrong and the vote was lost.

It will be interesting to look back in 5 or more years time and see what`s occurring over the channel as the French, Italians & Germans have to pick up more of the tab for those "inconsequential" countries lower down the EU food chain.

Ah, so you fell for project fear.

Not at all, although I know you like a micro-snippet of a headline.

The ongoing integration and meshing of politics, procedures, finance and regulations evidenced the direction of travel to anyone with half a brain.

If you are old enough to remember what we signed up to, a free trade agreement, you will understand how much the EU has evolved from that deal with huge changes made.
The UK, often in the minority, may have objected and things got watered down a bit but the majority, all those countries that are nett benefit claimants from the EU still got their way.

Its a bit like asking 23 benefit claimants to vote if they want their benefits increased with 4 taxpayers voting who pay for it! 23-4 win!

The UK, often in the minority, may have objected and things got watered down a bit but the majority, all those countries that are nett benefit claimants from the EU still got their way.
Waffle and rant without specific examples.

She’ll be turning in her grave at small businesses getting shafted because of the lack of attention to the details of brexit.

I`ll agree with that.
That lack of attention to detail is what happens when you aim for "middle ground" , you try and please everyone and end up pleasing no-one.

Sorry, I just wanted you to waste 20mins of your time searching for an answer 😂 😉

Your last paragraph is pretty spot on though. It's a subject that anyone can find examples to suit either argument.

Never took 20 minutes........ fast broadband round here. ;)

Not at all, although I know you like a micro-snippet of a headline.

The ongoing integration and meshing of politics, procedures, finance and regulations evidenced the direction of travel to anyone with half a brain.

If you are old enough to remember what we signed up to, a free trade agreement, you will understand how much the EU has evolved from that deal with huge changes made.

Its a bit like asking 23 benefit claimants to vote if they want their benefits increased with 4 taxpayers voting who pay for it! 23-4 win!
What is your objection to a USE if in the unlikely event the EU Council allow the Commission to be directly elected?

I see labour peeps want Starmer to push to rejoin the EU .........well that forked any chance of them EVER getting into No10 for the foreseeable future......the REFORM party is the only way but,wont get enough support as it is......hey ho Boris it is i'm afraid

What is your objection to a USE if in the unlikely event the EU Council allow the Commission to be directly elected?
In a nutshell.......its been planned for centuries and hasn`t worked, culminating in the UK leaving when given the choice.

In a nutshell.......its been planned for centuries and hasn`t worked, culminating in the UK leaving when given the choice.
TBF the economic practices of the world have changed significantly beyond recognition over the last 2 centuries.
What would be your objections with it?

Back
Top Bottom