National News The Brexit Thread 🇬🇧🇪🇺

"Our trade is highly complementary and we benefit from strengths in different sectors. The UK is a leading supplier of vehicles, turbines and engines, and pharmaceutical products to New Zealand. The UK is one of the biggest global importers of food products and benefits from New Zealand’s counter-seasonal production of fresh produce and protein."

And a bit more than the "bumps" that happen whenever change does......

Well our 43rd biggest trading partner doesn't sound exactly happy with the proposed "prohibitively high tariffs and restricted quota access for key meat and dairy exports" (from the New Zealand Foreign Affairs and Trade web page).

Well our 43rd biggest trading partner doesn't sound exactly happy with the proposed "prohibitively high tariffs and restricted quota access for key meat and dairy exports" (from the New Zealand Foreign Affairs and Trade web page).
Expect a quote from the Mogg, British sheep will not like this!!

The NHS £350m was only a suggestion......how you cant see that is laughable.
You really are a prize prock. The archetypal keyboard warrior, I bet they love you on Grinder......come out, it's 2021!!

The £350m goes into the government coffers, everything else increases prices at the point of sale, which increases the inflation rate. That £350k doesn't flow to the NHS that was just one of the little white lies. The exact statement was the money could flow to the NHS. It actually never was. You were taken in by the battlebus propaganda. The £350m was also a complete lie it was only ever £199m. The £199m interestingly is fairly close to the size of the UK fish export market that has pretty much collapsed. The net financial gain from leaving the EU is definitely negative. It was always expected to be so, soveriegnty doesn't come cheap. Even the Mogg is saying it might take 50 years for the benefits to arise by which time it will be impossible to tell.

It said so on the f*****g bus.

I think the bus knows better than you.

What the bus said..... semantics.

Let`s.... not will.

And probably very low down on the list of why the majority of voters voted to leave.
:)

I think very low down is a bit generous! That suggests it was a lengthy list. Other than “taking back control”, “control our borders” and fish I can’t recall much else on the list bar the £350 million to the NHS.

Reminds me of the time I saw the X5 going up St Aldates with reviews for the latest Bridget Jones film... it most definitely was not “The greatest romantic comedy of 2012”.

Reminds me of the time I saw the X5 going up St Aldates with reviews for the latest Bridget Jones film... it most definitely was not “The greatest romantic comedy of 2012”.
What was then?

Look...chaps.....EY has TOLD you what the slogan on the bus meant. His infallibility in such matters is virtually papal. Anyone who interpreted differently is clearly stupid and naive.

If that isn't good enough for you...then I don't know what is and would suggest you are destined to eek out a meagre existence in the Brexit wastelands as is the fate for all non-believers.

• React
Reactions: QR
We really have reached peak Brexit when I’ve literally put a video on here of the man who organised and ran the entire campaign, telling the entire world exactly what it all meant and what it was for and aimed at, and people still want to say it all meant something else.

Waste of time. Reality means nothing.

We really have reached peak Brexit when I’ve literally put a video on here of the man who organised and ran the entire campaign, telling the entire world exactly what it all meant and what it was for and aimed at, and people still want to say it all meant something else.

Yes @RyanioBirdio but if it doesn't suit their narrative, they have to dismiss it - deny, deny, deny!

It doesn't really help when you have a PM who has based his entire career on half truths and "alternative facts" who jumped full square behind a dishonest campaign and continue with the Tories favoured MO of simple 3 word (and utterly meaningless) slogans. Get.Brexit.Done.....Take.Back.Control.

Here's 3 more - Simple.Effective.Meaningless - because that is exactly what they are and all it does is leave mere mortals to ponder and argue over the true meaning. I mean this has become like some kind of weird religious cult, based on nothing more than the most ambiguous of parables and scriptures with just enough of a sliver of credibility to persuade those desperate enough to believe.

Same kind of tactics are used by conmen and distraction burglars and is why old ladies are parted from their life savings.

At least on the Boris front he is having to come to terms with the reality of Covid. He seems to have realised that his wildly optimistic and light-hearted take on dealing with it ("we'll have it beaten in 12 weeks" -remember that?) was very ill-judged indeed and a bit of fact and science-based honesty will serve him better as PM in the longer term.

There is some glimmer of hope that he might just apply the same reality-based approach to the rest of the job too.....we live in hope!

That said, on Brexit he probably doesn't give an actual stuff either way as he and chums are practically impervious to its effects.

It is also Interesting to note from the Cummings video Ryan has kindly shared, that he thinks Boris would've honoured that promise if he hadn't been kneecapped by Gove in his bid for leadership back in 2017. I'm not so sure given this is a man that can't even honour the existence of every child he has fathered.

Last edited:

Tongue slightly in cheek: that does assume that Dom was telling the truth in the video...

Tongue slightly in cheek: that does assume that Dom was telling the truth in the video...
You know he was. He had no plans of ever coming back into politics at this point. He was all too happy to tell everybody how smart he thinks he is and all the grotty little ways in which he manipulated the public to settle some sort of score for his chums. That’s why it was so pathetic watching people defend him after he ended up coming back in, when he’d literally left a presentation in how much of a bullshitter he is for everybody to see on the world’s second biggest website. It’s been there for the last four years, and there are others from years earlier - before the referendum was even on the horizon - where he talks about all the ways in which the government could benefit from crises in order to essentially just tear up the way our democracy works. He laid out the entire playbook because he was more concerned with people thinking he’s a genius than covering his tracks. Then again, it seems he never needed to bother, because people are willing to ignore and overlook absolutely anything if it suits. Pretty demoralising to see people not even having the capacity to confront the truth anymore. They should either just admit they were conned or simply say, “I like him and his kind because they enable and empower me and my own bitterness at the world.” It’s one or the other, so a bit of honesty would be awesome. Watching people try to justify and rewrite history when it’s literally on film doesn’t even qualify as low.

I can handle a bigot who admits they’re a bigot. I can’t handle one who pretends they aren’t.

Look...chaps.....EY has TOLD you what the slogan on the bus meant. His infallibility in such matters is virtually papal. Anyone who interpreted differently is clearly stupid and naive.

If that isn't good enough for you...then I don't know what is and would suggest you are destined to eek out a meagre existence in the Brexit wastelands as is the fate for all non-believers.
You either havent got the intelligence to see what was written or you are so consumed with despair over your loss (EU) you cannot see it thru your tears. there there there 😭😭😭

You either havent got the intelligence to see what was written or you are so consumed with despair over your loss (EU) you cannot see it thru your tears. there there there 😭😭😭
Just so I understand this, if its written on a bus its correct. Are you really sure? Because this one doesn't fit your rhetoric but it must be true by your somewhat unscientific definition of intelligence.

Back
Top Bottom