Breaking news - Oxbridge United.

Yellow River

OXBRIDGE UNITED.

I have heard from a very reliable source yesterday evening that negotiations are at an advanced stage to merge Oxford United and Cambridge United.

This club will be known as Oxbridge United.

A new purpose built ground with associated leisure and retail facilities is proposed to be built within the Oxford to Cambridge Expressway Corridor. Transport issues which cloud many new ground developments are not thought to be an issue as major road and railway developments have already been given the green light.

An unnamed representative for the relevant councils has told me that they “welcomed the very exciting proposals” but tempered this with”the devil’s in the detail”

Tiger’s vision of combining the ‘Oxford’ and ‘Cambridge’ brands into one unique football club (“and so much more”) to be called Oxbridge United was described by one advisor as “inspired”

My understanding is that the history and tradition of the two clubs will be fully honoured by playing in Gold Shirts with black shorts.

Another source tells me that ‘Michael row the boat ashore’ wilł be adopted as the merged clubs new official anthem and will be played before each home match. Representatives from both clubs are keen to keep the fans on-board, so a nod to Michael Appleton and Michael Thalassitis is seen as fitting and appropriate. A reference to rowing is also seen as helping to promote the Oxbridge brand.

The hope is that a rowing dance will organically develop on the terraces to help bond the two sets of supporters.

This is as much as I can tell you at this stage. All my sources are confidential.

OXBRIDGE UNITED.

I have heard from a very reliable source yesterday evening that negotiations are at an advanced stage to merge Oxford United and Cambridge United.

This club will be known as Oxbridge United.

A new purpose built ground with associated leisure and retail facilities is proposed to be built within the Oxford to Cambridge Expressway Corridor. Transport issues which cloud many new ground developments are not thought to be an issue as major road and railway developments have already been given the green light.

An unnamed representative for the relevant councils has told me that they “welcomed the very exciting proposals” but tempered this with”the devil’s in the detail”

Tiger’s vision of combining the ‘Oxford’ and ‘Cambridge’ brands into one unique football club (“and so much more”) to be called Oxbridge United was described by one advisor as “inspired”

My understanding is that the history and tradition of the two clubs will be fully honoured by playing in Gold Shirts with black shorts.

Another source tells me that ‘Michael row the boat ashore’ wilł be adopted as the merged clubs new official anthem and will be played before each home match. Representatives from both clubs are keen to keep the fans on-board, so a nod to Michael Appleton and Michael Thalassitis is seen as fitting and appropriate. A reference to rowing is also seen as helping to promote the Oxbridge brand.

The hope is that a rowing dance will organically develop on the terraces to help bond the two sets of supporters.

This is as much as I can tell you at this stage. All my sources are confidential.

Day off work today then? ?

This is the final straw.

I'm ripping up my season ticket immediately.

Would derby day be when there is a boat race at the same time of the match ?

But the good news is that we'd go straight into the Premiership regardless of actual ability because...well...influence and connections of the elite and all that;)

Gave me an idea for James Henry.
Thinking "Henry row the boat ashore hellalula"
Would not be too bad, JH could make a rowing movement part of his celebration

Obviously the the team would run onto the pitch to music by the Waterboys, or Professor Green or....

Reminds me of the stories my dad used to tell me of Pegasus A.F.C a combined Oxford / Cambridge University team of the 1950s.
A very good team by all accounts and they were winners of the FA amateur cup twice at Wembley stadium.

This is the final straw.

I'm ripping up my season ticket immediately.

I tried but I cut my finger. I then bit it* in temper and have now cut my lip as well.

*ST, not my finger etc

Back
Top Bottom