Brannagan

Is in "concussion protocol" after losing consciousness, but otherwise seems to be ok.

I want to see more of this from Cameron Brannagan - driving forward from midfield with the ball and offloading
to the likes of Whyte, Browne and Holmes.

What a goal.
This is the benefit of the 3 in midfield. Allows Henry and Brannagan the freedom to get forward whilst the other sits slightly deeper helping out the DM. In the 4231 he can't do this because you expose the centre back behind you.

Check back to the extended highlights of the Plymouth game (you don't see it on the 2 minute version). Sublime bit of skill from Brannagan inside his own half to pretty much take three Plymouth players out of the game, before running deep into their half to set up Mackie for the first goal.

posted earlier on the matchday thread that apparently Kenny Jackett was there last night watching him.
if a big offer came in I hope we can keep hold of him but would understand if they took the money (would still be gutted though)
how long has he got left on contract?

Why would he want to go to Portsmouth?. He will have champ teams after him if he performs well this season.

I'm glad he has a decent length left on this contract. I would make him captain now, I don't think it would change his great performances so far and he is a leader.

Why would he want to go to Portsmouth?. He will have champ teams after him if he performs well this season.
didn't they sell a couple for a decent wad so will have money to spend. maybe better wages and chance to play in a bigger stadium. who knows but it's always a risk when our players start standing out.
if he were to go I'd hope it wasn't to another league 1 club and as you say he'll have championship teams interested.
I'll be glad when this window shuts and no players have gone and we have a striker and winger sorted.

I'm glad he has a decent length left on this contract. I would make him captain now, I don't think it would change his great performances so far and he is a leader.
Would also add a few extra quid to his asking price

Best player at the club currently. Should offer him a contract accordingly. How would we feel if he signed a new deal, but it had a buyout clause?

Best player at the club currently. Should offer him a contract accordingly. How would we feel if he signed a new deal, but it had a buyout clause?

We'd have to have a buy out at a minimum of £5m I would think. Of all our players I could see Brannagan playing at the very top again. He reminds me of Jim Magilton and I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't already come to the attention of teams at the top end of the Championship and lower premiership teams. I can see him being a Jordan Henderson type player/captain and wouldn't begrudge him moving on when the time is right.

I do think we’ve undersold some of our talented players in recent years, Whyte should have gone for 4-5 million imho, surely it would have been better to keep him for another year and let his value increase??

I do think we’ve undersold some of our talented players in recent years, Whyte should have gone for 4-5 million imho, surely it would have been better to keep him for another year and let his value increase??
Many players of similar stature went for between £2-3m. Very few players with 1 years experience in league 1 would go for anything like £5m.

Surprisingly, considering my feelings 3 weeks ago, I dont think we are any worse off - if anything, we are stronger. I think we have recruited brilliantly. Of course, more money in 12 months time would have been lovely but he could have been Napa last night and that would have lowered his market value, significantly. Shoulda, woulda, coulda is always a nice position to take in retrospect but you can apply that to anything. I think we did the right thing.

Back
Top Bottom