General Brannagan injury

MG

Given his importance to the side, I think his knee injury deserves its own thread. Anyone have any updates on this?

He tweeted yesterday about it being a big week after spending a few days back with family. No idea if he was referring to the injury or something else entirely.

No idea, but we don’t need him at H&Y or Crawley, so rest him and check again prior to Southend if the Tractor game is off.

Any update on Ruffels injury too?

I don't think since update after game. Assuming it was a dead leg as they say, I think even the really bad ones are up to 2 to 3 weeks, so i think we have a really good chance he will back for the next league game.

This is a very related tangent, but to summarize from available info:

Brannagan - Back in 2-4 weeks or so.
Ruffles- 1-3 weeks
Cadden - pretty much fit
Woodburn - back sometime December to Jan
Hanson - should be back Dec

And (assuming the Ipswich game is postponed) our next league fixture is at Southend on 23rd Nov. That's three weeks from last Saturday. The Saturday after that is FA Cup again, and it's Shrewsbury at home the weekend after that (no midweek game) - which is five weeks from last Saturday.

You would suppose that if everything goes well, that Brannagan, Ruffs and Cadden would all be back for Shrewsbury and quite possibly most or all of them for Southend.

Even if one of the players on four yellows gets booked in the Fa Cup or Leasing.com thing, they won't be out for the league games. Assuming the Ipswich game is postponed, the yellow card amnesty kicks in after 19 league games which is the MK game - the one after Shrewsbury.

As things stand (provided we don't get any more injuries), we should be able to pick up three points at Southend without too much difficulty (notwithstanding the bogeyness of Southend) whether Brannagan is back or not (in fact, I'd save him for a return against Shrewsbury). Tangentially, Shrewsbury could do us a serious favour by beating Peterborough this evening. Ditto Rochdale against Ipswich although the latter is less likely.

Could we have the Headington United replica shirts worn again as we did against Shrewbury last season.

This break could really help us with both injured and tiredness in the squad. Having Ruffels, Cadden and especially Brannigan all back and fit compared to them all being out injured is huge.
I agree - as it turns out, this break seems to have come at just the right time for us.

you watch bloody ipswich game not get called off now

I believe at the last international window, Ipswich had six players called up:

Alan Judge (Ireland - Full)
Anthony Georgiou (Cyprus - Full)
Armando Dobra (Albania - U19s)
Andre Dozzell (England - U20s)
Flynn Downes (England - U20s)
Idris El Mizouni (Tunisia - U23s)

All of them are midfielders.
So, assuming none of them gets dropped for this window, Ipswich could choose to go ahead and play regardless - but they'd be just as short of players in the middle of the park as we would be.

I believe at the last international window, Ipswich had six players called up:

Alan Judge (Ireland - Full)
Anthony Georgiou (Cyprus - Full)
Armando Dobra (Albania - U19s)
Andre Dozzell (England - U20s)
Flynn Downes (England - U20s)
Idris El Mizouni (Tunisia - U23s)

All of them are midfielders.
So, assuming none of them gets dropped for this window, Ipswich could choose to go ahead and play regardless - but they'd be just as short of players in the middle of the park as we would be.

Doesn’t sound like he’s keen to play games if enough players are called up.

Back
Top Bottom