General Brannagan & Co to stay and take us to the championship?or not....

I could be wrong but the bulk of the article appears to be based on Robinson's views. We know he hasn't exactly been on the same hymn sheet as the chairman in the past, I would be amazed if the directors would rather he left for nothing next year rather than sell now but, as you say, maybe financially we are OK.
Worth it if he gets us promoted ... and obvs if he went we’d have to find a replacement

Worth it if he gets us promoted ... and obvs if he went we’d have to find a replacement
Yes worth it if we got promoted but I doubt they have a crystal ball (that works)! I just think developing and selling is key to us and I'm sure they don't want another Nelson.

From what I’ve been told we are looking for 1.5-2m.

I don’t think anyone will be willing to pay that and in reality, looking at Ledson/Lundstram, if we were to sell we would probably get closer to 750k-1m.

The question then becomes if we are happy to miss out on this fee for an additional year for CB...this might be more palatable with an auction of Dickie (which looks likely) covering any income we may not get from CB.

I think you're right with the valuation we'd have, and the fact that in this climate we wouldn't get anywhere near that, and it's therefore easier to gamble with him staying. Hopefully Brentford get promoted tomorrow and the bonuses from Fos/Bap will help cover any potential loses from Cam.

Yes worth it if we got promoted but I doubt they have a crystal ball (that works)! I just think developing and selling is key to us and I'm sure they don't want another Nelson.
The nature of lower league football with 2/3 year contracts is that the need to maintain continuity you occasionally have to risk losing out on a transfer fee.

Only a few weeks ago, some were predicting that we'd only get something like £2m for Dickie AND Cam, so potentially doubling that on Dickie alone gives us a chance to stick with Cam.

The nature of lower league football with 2/3 year contracts is that the need to maintain continuity you occasionally have to risk losing out on a transfer fee.

Only a few weeks ago, some were predicting that we'd only get something like £2m for Dickie AND Cam, so potentially doubling that on Dickie alone gives us a chance to stick with Cam.
Yes I can understand that is the nature of lower league football. However, given the losses we make when we actually have crowds watching us (pretty much our only revenue stream), I would be amazed that in the current climate the board would rather Brannigan went on a free. It can only mean financially we are in a good position.

What’s Brannigans value this transfer window? He got an injury then came back out of form, he doesn’t seem to be linked with clubs at the moment and the transfer market is going to be very strange this window.

Might get more for him by letting him shine till January, might not but then at least we get a quality player for a year, if no one is willing to offer a minimum figure then the club may be happy enough for him to stay.

All these if buts and maybes!
Losing out on this sum of money if we don't sell I would 100percent rather get another season out of Cameron than sell him now he is a great player, for me he has more potential than ledson and lundstrum did. Also why wouldn't he sign another deal he loves the club don't forget we have bought how many players in from the cold and given them a chance to prove themselves. I'm sure he knows he can play in a higher league once the times right for all partys. Anyone who believes we should sell him now to get a low figure is more dilusional than I thought its not that easy to find a player of that quality for peanuts either

I think you're right with the valuation we'd have, and the fact that in this climate we wouldn't get anywhere near that, and it's therefore easier to gamble with him staying. Hopefully Brentford get promoted tomorrow and the bonuses from Fos/Bap will help cover any potential loses from Cam.
No bonuses coming due to lack of playing time.

I certainly thought that was one of the add ons, and I've never seen this linked to appearances.
Won’t get anything for Fosu but as regards appearances I doubt very much whether the appearance bonus had to be before the Nees were promoted, so effectively if they’re promoted tomorrow we get an add on and possibly another one next season

From what I’ve been told we are looking for 1.5-2m.

I don’t think anyone will be willing to pay that and in reality, looking at Ledson/Lundstram, if we were to sell we would probably get closer to 750k-1m.

The question then becomes if we are happy to miss out on this fee for an additional year for CB...this might be more palatable with an auction of Dickie (which looks likely) covering any income we may not get from CB.
Can't see his value depreciating too much between now and January, 500-700k sale price in January? Might be worth keeping hold for the beginning of the season while we groom/train up a replacement.

Hes a leader; both on and off the field. In his interview after scoring the winning pen against Pompey, you could just tell hes got a set on him and that character is hard to buy. Honestly, I think we would be daft to take money (we could maybe live without?) and then gamble on replacing him.

Keep him. Make him captain. Sign a years extension and then as per Dickie, make the move when the time is right.

Got the feeling that he had been nursing an injury for a while. If true, This may well put off many potential suiters. A one year extension to his contract would be a huge boost for us if it were to happen. Great player.

Agreed. And with the extra year we'd have time to bring in another raw talent as understudy. Feel like if we sell Cam now (agree 750k would be the maximum we'd get), we have to spend just as much, if not more, replacing him with a finished article.

Totally agree, on his day there ain’t nobody better at our level. I’m very pleased with the clubs stance on this. Obviously we would love him to stay however, he’s going into his last year with us so the real telling of the man is if he signs a new improved contract (1 year extension, like Dickie) & re pays the clubs faith in him for giving him a platform to showcase his talents or he does he do a Lundstram, a Ledson & a Rothwell & goes to the level they think they should b at. The next few days will be very interesting indeed. Future captain, 100% yes, desire to be that with Oxford?? I’m not so sure.

Amazing to read that some still talk of selling players in january..Great idea to keep interuppting our season/momentum and doesn't fit in with the recent statement of we're going for it this season does it !

The League looks even stronger this time and there's no open goal with a Oxford Wycombe play off final, we need to keep players together and "Strengthen" if possible in Jan for that final push not weaken ourselves and Gamble yet again.

I hope the board learnt something last jan and that they wont repeat the gamble that some fans seem happy to take again.

Amazing to read that some still talk of selling players in january..Great idea to keep interuppting our season/momentum and doesn't fit in with the recent statement of we're going for it this season does it !

The League looks even stronger this time and there's no open goal with a Oxford Wycombe play off final, we need to keep players together and "Strengthen" if possible in Jan for that final push not weaken ourselves and Gamble yet again.

I hope the board learnt something last jan and that they wont repeat the gamble that some fans seem happy to take again.

I wasn't at all happy with the timing of selling Baptiste..... OUFC sell at a profit to make ends (sort of) meet, however the timing of moving of our better players is something the board need to revise ...IF they have any genuine ambition to progress

Back
Top Bottom