General Brannagan & Co to stay and take us to the championship?or not....

I think this might be the worst joke I've ever heard on this forum (and that includes the interminable fish puns of the COD era)!
Oh I am sure that there have been far worse ..

I do think Baptiste hasn't been on form since West Ham which makes me wonder if there is a deal being worked on in the background and so his focus is elsewhere..

I’d be surprised if a deal is being lined up by a Premier League club at the moment, and that’s not to knock Shandon’s undoubted ability. He’s only played 25-odd first team games and is on his way back from a very serious knee injury, and has had serious shoulder dislocations previously. I think most teams would want to see him playing more regularly to be assured that he’s fully recovered from his injury. I hope!

It is certainly true that his form has dropped since west ham qand all the headlines. Possibly benefits us as Im sure he will come good again out of the spotlight but does need to play more. However our form is so good at the moment who do you drop? Maybe Sykes on last saturdays performance. Mind you he was only in because Dickie was suspended!

It is certainly true that his form has dropped since west ham qand all the headlines. Possibly benefits us as Im sure he will come good again out of the spotlight but does need to play more. However our form is so good at the moment who do you drop? Maybe Sykes on last saturdays performance. Mind you he was only in because Dickie was suspended!

I think Moore was Dickie's replacement rather than Sykes. It's only Manchester City that play midfielders at centre-back

why would Whyte go on the hurry up as we couldn't stand in his way yet since then and come Jan we have suddenly woken up what's changed?

What about the assurences given to players that should a higher club come in etc etc ?

January will indeed be a massive month for the club and the ambitions and will be interesting to see how many mysterious knocks or sickness are used to explain a players absence.

why would Whyte go on the hurry up as we couldn't stand in his way yet since then and come Jan we have suddenly woken up what's changed?

What about the assurences given to players that should a higher club come in etc etc ?

January will indeed be a massive month for the club and the ambitions and will be interesting to see how many mysterious knocks or sickness are used to explain a players absence.

fingers crossed none, I hope the players really push on were in a great position to go for promotion this season. We have a good chance if we keep hold of the likes of brannagan, fosu, Shandon and hopefully secure taylor long term along with cadden best wing back we've had since baldock.

I'll have to have a listen back to see if I can find it, but I really got the the impression from one of Robinson's recent interviews that selling a player in January was still very possible.

Me too. I got the impression it was pretty much nailed on.

I'll have to have a listen back to see if I can find it, but I really got the the impression from one of Robinson's recent interviews that selling a player in January was still very possible.

Hopefully a cup run stops that.

Obviously cup runs are not budgeted for but we would all be foolish to think that having one will prevent fans being told that we could not turn down the offer or stand in the players way.

What's different is the belief through the club that we can really compete for promotion. There is one thing having those aspirations in July, and another to see that being delivered on the pitch. I'm not knocking you for not going to games, but there is a real feeling that this could be a special year that rarely comes across on this forum, and that is felt by the players too.

As for Gavin Whyte, he wanted to put himself in the shop window ahead of the Euros and knew that playing in the Championship would enhance his chance of playing regular internationals. Seeing the opportunity to move to Cardiff with time to establish himself before the summer was something he grabbed with both hands. His departure helped the bank balance but had no impact on our playing budget which we stayed within.

Of course some bids will be too good to turn down for player or club, but that is very different than anyone going into January expecting sales to happen.

Back
Top Bottom