General Brannagan & Co to stay and take us to the championship?or not....

Why? They’re third, if his goals help take them up then it’s worth it, if they don’t he’s still worth that much
Because I don't think he is worth anything like £9m. And I am not convinced that anyone has actually offered that.

I’ve heard from someone I know that he has digs with Rob Dickie in nearby Wokingham.
Also says that they’re both enjoying life in the area and don’t intend to move.
Let‘s hope that’s right and he’s around here for some years yet

They did a video on yellowplayer a while back about how Brannigan shares with Woodburn, and Eastwood had moved in. So don’t think your source is too ITK! ?

For that money a Premier League club should be able to get one of the top goalscorers in the Championship not a player who has only scored goals at a League One level.

There are only 2 players who have been signed from League One who have cost more than £3.5M - Fabian Delph and Ademola Lookman.

£13M is pie-in-the-sky thinking.
I bet they get it in Jan - watch this space - and if, as the latest prediction shows, we finish second..... and go up.... we need to keep these players and everyone will be worth £5m+ #ambition

although now we are lowering the price!
Really hope not. Granted, the club will need to balance the books after the loss of so much income but, I would have thought that would be a step too far.
It really is a pain having to see good players leaving the club.

Really hope not. Granted, the club will need to balance the books after the loss of so much income but, I would have thought that would be a step too far.
It really is a pain having to see good players leaving the club.
i'm sure he won't sign an extended contract this summer so he's going. I'd be delighted with a few million, it could keep the club alive.

Hard to imagine anyone paying much of a transfer fee at the moment. There will be a lot of unemployed players to choose from
This could be an opportunity for a club owner with plenty of cash left over to build a really strong team relatively cheaply.

Y
This could be an opportunity for a club owner with plenty of cash left over to build a really strong team relatively cheaply.
Yes certainly, richer teams like Pompey could snap up a lot of good players and pull away while we are stuck in div 3 or 4 for a while. But as long we survive I don’t mind so much

If there are clubs that'll come out ok after this then it'll be Premier League clubs. I can't see us selling our players for cut price deals, especially when you'd be looking to recoup even more money in the summer than you would've originally sold them for.

The last thing I want to see is Dickie and Cam go.
Unfortunately we now live in very uncertain times. Wages will fall and unemployment will rise. House prices and prices generally may fall.
The situation might not be very different to the 1920s
If so we may well have to be content with far less than we would have received six months ago.
One thing this virus has done will be to lower expectation and greed

If the plan is to sell Cam and Dickie this summer then In my opinion we should get moving now. We may need to bring forward our own recruitment plans with this in mind and price will all be relative.

Back
Top Bottom