General Brannagan & Co to stay and take us to the championship?or not....

... would you personally as a player still want to jump ship in January (if you wanted to in the first place) or have a shot at making a national final.
Much as I am sure that the players are enjoying the style of football, the coaching, the winning etc with us, they are professionals. Whether any players leave will surely depend on the size of the offer made to the club, the personal terms offered to the player etc.

For example (and this is made up, I am not ITK at all), let's say our mate Chris at Sheffield United decided that he'd like to take a punt on Easty. It's already been said on here that we probably have a replacement lined up already, so let's presume that's true. Sheffield offer half a million for Eastwood to the club, offer Eastwood double his current wages and relocation to a place much closer to his family. All of that is negotiable: the club might want a million, Eastwood might want triple wages, to add in appearance money and for his moving expenses to be paid (wouldn't be much - he has no furniture!). If all three parties are happy, I don't think for a moment that the player is going to say 'That's all well and good but there's a chance I'll get to play at Wembley in the second best-regarded cup competition, so no thanks'!

Much as I am sure that the players are enjoying the style of football, the coaching, the winning etc with us, they are professionals. Whether any players leave will surely depend on the size of the offer made to the club, the personal terms offered to the player etc.

For example (and this is made up, I am not ITK at all), let's say our mate Chris at Sheffield United decided that he'd like to take a punt on Easty. It's already been said on here that we probably have a replacement lined up already, so let's presume that's true. Sheffield offer half a million for Eastwood to the club, offer Eastwood double his current wages and relocation to a place much closer to his family. All of that is negotiable: the club might want a million, Eastwood might want triple wages, to add in appearance money and for his moving expenses to be paid (wouldn't be much - he has no furniture!). If all three parties are happy, I don't think for a moment that the player is going to say 'That's all well and good but there's a chance I'll get to play at Wembley in the second best-regarded cup competition, so no thanks'!

That's a fair way to look at it. I mentioned ages ago that it's my genuine belief that we do not need to sell, and that the players are very happy here. But that doesn't mean that deals wouldn't happen. As an example, if Stoke offered £5m for Brannagan the club may feel it was a decent return, but the player might prefer to stay. Whereas Everton offer £2m but Brannagan feels he has a chance to get back to the PL. Both are possible, and each offer needs to be looked at as part of a wider position of balancing the needs of the club and our players.

Don't ANYONE say £3-5m + sell ons is good business in January for Cameron or Tariqe after seeing this. Fosu is unplayable in this league and Brannagan considered the best midfielder by many. Ivan Toney £13m - Posh just raised the bar!

According to reports over the weekend, former Newcastle United striker Ivan Toney could make a swift return to the Premier League following his outstanding goalscoring form in League One.
The 23-year-old bas bagged 35 goals and 11 assists over the last 18 months since making a £350,000 move to Peterborough last summer, making many question if we sold him too soon.
As a result, The Chronicle now claim that Bournemouth and Burnley are scouting the 6ft 2′ forward ahead of the January transfer window, also revealing that we have a sell-on clause in place – so could benefit from any big money sale.
It’s also been reported by The Sun that both the Cherries and Clarets have made £9m offers for Toney, leading Peterborough to set a £13m asking price.

I suspect West Ham are pretty fed up of little old Oxford ruining their season about right now!

If someone offers anything close to 4m plus incentives - for any of our players In Jan they may will be off..

That said, this is the closest bunch of players we’ve had In a long time. So it’ll take one hell of a package for both parties for it to happen.

The players have also been hooked into the long term plan of the club and the passion of the fans. They are with us, they want it like we all do.
Above all else, they appreciate what Oxford have done for them and their footballing careers and they will pay us back with promotion.

UTO

Don't ANYONE say £3-5m + sell ons is good business in January for Cameron or Tariqe after seeing this. Fosu is unplayable in this league and Brannagan considered the best midfielder by many. Ivan Toney £13m - Posh just raised the bar!

According to reports over the weekend, former Newcastle United striker Ivan Toney could make a swift return to the Premier League following his outstanding goalscoring form in League One.
The 23-year-old bas bagged 35 goals and 11 assists over the last 18 months since making a £350,000 move to Peterborough last summer, making many question if we sold him too soon.
As a result, The Chronicle now claim that Bournemouth and Burnley are scouting the 6ft 2′ forward ahead of the January transfer window, also revealing that we have a sell-on clause in place – so could benefit from any big money sale.
It’s also been reported by The Sun that both the Cherries and Clarets have made £9m offers for Toney, leading Peterborough to set a £13m asking price.

completely agree brannagan would walk into pretty much every championship starting eleven even some lower prem clubs so figures of £3-£5million far too low..... when you consider what some players are going for these days!

And there's a massive difference between clubs looking at established goal scorers and pretty much any other position. It's why all teams struggle, and why prices are so high. Toney is not worth £13m but if he went to the PL in January and scored 10 goals to keep a side up, then he looks a bloody bargain.

And there's a massive difference between clubs looking at established goal scorers and pretty much any other position. It's why all teams struggle, and why prices are so high. Toney is not worth £13m but if he went to the PL in January and scored 10 goals to keep a side up, then he looks a bloody bargain.

For that money a Premier League club should be able to get one of the top goalscorers in the Championship not a player who has only scored goals at a League One level.

There are only 2 players who have been signed from League One who have cost more than £3.5M - Fabian Delph and Ademola Lookman.

£13M is pie-in-the-sky thinking.

surely that applies across the board in every position doesn't it?

when we get players it's with a view to sell at a later date, it's likely that only championship clubs would seek our/league 1 players but if they perform then the buying club can make their tidy profit from selling to a prem club.

As fans we can put a value on our players and the club can say they have theirs but once interest is shown from higher based clubs our club have a policy to not stand in their way and you will always hear it was a good deal for all concerned and that applies at every football club.

Peterborough may have put a 13 million tag on Toney but if any club offers 5/6/7 they will grab the money whilst laughing all the way to the bank.

surely that applies across the board in every position doesn't it?

when we get players it's with a view to sell at a later date, it's likely that only championship clubs would seek our/league 1 players but if they perform then the buying club can make their tidy profit from selling to a prem club.

As fans we can put a value on our players and the club can say they have theirs but once interest is shown from higher based clubs our club have a policy to not stand in their way and you will always hear it was a good deal for all concerned and that applies at every football club.

Peterborough may have put a 13 million tag on Toney but if any club offers 5/6/7 they will grab the money whilst laughing all the way to the bank.

I thought there were already rumours of bids of £9m from 2 PL teams hence the £13m price tag, at least to start an auction for a price over £9m?

I’ve heard from someone I know that he has digs with Rob Dickie in nearby Wokingham.
Also says that they’re both enjoying life in the area and don’t intend to move.
Let‘s hope that’s right and he’s around here for some years yet

I’ve heard from someone I know that he has digs with Rob Dickie in nearby Wokingham.
Cam lives in Bicester. Easty and Ben Woodburn lodge with him.

If anyone actually offered £9 million for Toney, Peterborough would be mugs not to accept it as quickly as possible before someone changed their mind!
Why? They’re third, if his goals help take them up then it’s worth it, if they don’t he’s still worth that much

with all the crying on this forum whenever we sell one of our best players it’s mad that people are upvoting someone slating a team for doing the opposite

Seem to remember Dickie putting a picture on social media over a year ago about buying his first house with his partner.

Brannagan is in a house with Woodburn and Easty - not sure if it is Brannagan's or whether they're all renting.

Back
Top Bottom