General Brannagan & Co to stay and take us to the championship?or not....

If he can't put any weight on the knee what so ever, which is what the report today says, it's not looking good for Brannagan. The adrenaline of a game can sometimes get you hobbling along a bit, but to not even be able to put weight on it a couple of days later is very worrying. The odds of it being a 4-6 week job are probably quite slim if that's where it's at, which would be devastating news. He's so important and has been in superb form this season.

I think you’re probably right but there is a chance that it’s just got a lot of very bad swelling. I’m clinging to that hope anyway!

He'll definitely need an operation if he cant put weight on it still. Sounds similar to the knee injury Rob Hall had and that could be his season over.

The only positive to this is it does largely increase the likelihood that Brannagan will be here next season.

Good news if true, that's 9 league games if he comes back at the start of January which hopefully it's a bit sooner than that, good chance for Baptiste and hopefully Sykes to get some game time in centre mid and keep our play off push ticking over

Hearing it’s good news re CB ;-)

No major damage to the knee. Estimated to be out around 4-8 weeks but could be back sooner if the next scan shows what is expected.

So it’s the best news we could have had.
Also that could mean he’s not considered as a transfer target in January!

Good news if true, that's 9 league games if he comes back at the start of January which hopefully it's a bit sooner than that, good chance for Baptiste and hopefully Sykes to get some game time in centre mid and keep our play off push ticking over
Big shoes (boots?) to fill....

Playoff push? You mean promotion push!

If its a conservative 5 -6 weeks he may miss only 3 league games. Pompey, Southend and possibly Shrewsbury assuming Ipswich is off. 2 cup Saturdays and Ipswich mean no league games on 9th, 16th and 30th he is a huge miss as i feel he is the heartbeat of the side. His energy, competitiveness, skill and goals too. But he might have missed one as he is on 4 bookings. The injury takes him past that watershed. Shandon can do a decent job anyway.

If its a conservative 5 -6 weeks he may miss only 3 league games. Pompey, Southend and possibly Shrewsbury assuming Ipswich is off. 2 cup Saturdays and Ipswich mean no league games on 9th, 16th and 30th he is a huge miss as i feel he is the heartbeat of the side. His energy, competitiveness, skill and goals too. But he might have missed one as he is on 4 bookings. The injury takes him past that watershed. Shandon can do a decent job anyway.
Agree entirely. Brannagan is without doubt our most influential player and will be a huge miss. Shandon is still quite a way from being at his best since injury and although I look forward to seeing him back with an opportunity to prove himself again I still feel the “decent job” that he might do will fall quite a bit short of what Brannegan offers. Tonight will give us the opportunity to see how he can cope.

Agree entirely. Brannagan is without doubt our most influential player and will be a huge miss. Shandon is still quite a way from being at his best since injury and although I look forward to seeing him back with an opportunity to prove himself again I still feel the “decent job” that he might do will fall quite a bit short of what Brannegan offers. Tonight will give us the opportunity to see how he can cope.
You were right in your views of Shandon, still a way to go to get back to his best.

Back
Top Bottom