Bradford (A)

Anyone thinking of going to Bradford by rail, be aware that Northern Rail are on strike on the 24th.

Industrial action by members of the RMT Union will take place every Saturday in November and December.
On strike days, Northern will run a reduced service, with very few trains operating before 09:00 and after 18:00. Some stations may not receive any service. Trains which do run are expected to be extremely busy and replacement buses may only be available on some specific routes where there are no trains.

Can't see the tickets for sale on the OUFC ticketing site, should U's fans contact the Bradford Ticket Office Direct maybe?

Can't see the tickets for sale on the OUFC ticketing site, should U's fans contact the Bradford Ticket Office Direct maybe?

They aren't on sale to Bradford fans yet. Their ST holders can buy them from tomorrow with everyone else the following friday so at a guess we will be able to buy them at some point next week.

3 points and a quid in.. What more can we give you

I wish your stewards were as friendly as yourself and most of the Bradford supporters I've chatted to in pubs around your city before games we've played there.

I wish your stewards were as friendly as yourself and most of the Bradford supporters I've chatted to in pubs around your city before games we've played there.

We're not fond of them either... Hows your new (ish) right back doing. Still a marmite character?

We're not fond of them either... Hows your new (ish) right back doing. Still a marmite character?
Poor to start of with he was slow and lethargic and full of mistakes, two in one game against Luton. However since he went back to bradford for a few weeks on paternity he has come back and to be fair he's been really solid 3 assists and 4 clean sheets in October and no goals conceded from open play.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Poor to start of with he was slow and lethargic and full of mistakes, two in one game against Luton. However since he went back to bradford for a few weeks on paternity he has come back and to be fair he's been really solid 3 assists and 4 clean sheets in October and no goals conceded from open play.

Good to see, there is a player in there somewhere. He literally split our fan base down the middle, however once you see past the diving, the winding up, the silly fouls, and the yellow cards for deliberate handball he isnt a bad lad our tony.. Id probably take him back in a breath now despite all the bad egg rumours.

Got my ticket, bit steep when you have to double the price of your ticket because of postage!

Got mine (for my dad).
Have a soft spot for Bradford as my roommate at uni is a Bantams fan. Been to a couple of non-OUFC games at Valley Parade (including the Wimbledon game that secured your Premiership stay that one season I believe).
Always a nice bunch of fans. Stewards are a bit iffy mind!

How's Jack Payne doing?

Not great.. Tries hard, but a bit lightweight and often runs into trouble. To be fair he is a bit too good for the rest of the side and we struggle to find people on the same wavelength. Problem we have is trying to shoehorn in him, we cant find a suitable position, we havent got strong enough mid 3 to play him behind the front two, not a got lump for him to play off and he isnt fast enough to play wide.
We are a complete mess, owner causing chaos, players not good enough, fans in fighting and boycotting games, and actually organising a flyover for your game with a message for the owner.
If you have anything like a player willing to run through the middle, he will find our middle two and centre halves just part like sea for him.

Anyway, if you do come up and arrive early, check out north parade for drinks. About 10 mins walk from the ground it has A number of small bars, welcome to away fans, never any bother or the bradford arms is a designated away pub. A bit ruff and ready but its nearest one to the ground.

Not great.. Tries hard, but a bit lightweight and often runs into trouble. To be fair he is a bit too good for the rest of the side and we struggle to find people on the same wavelength. Problem we have is trying to shoehorn in him, we cant find a suitable position, we havent got strong enough mid 3 to play him behind the front two, not a got lump for him to play off and he isnt fast enough to play wide.
We are a complete mess, owner causing chaos, players not good enough, fans in fighting and boycotting games, and actually organising a flyover for your game with a message for the owner.
If you have anything like a player willing to run through the middle, he will find our middle two and centre halves just part like sea for him.

Anyway, if you do come up and arrive early, check out north parade for drinks. About 10 mins walk from the ground it has A number of small bars, welcome to away fans, never any bother or the bradford arms is a designated away pub. A bit ruff and ready but its nearest one to the ground.

Your tip about North Parade is spot on. Have been in the Record Cafe a couple of times and also the Peacock Bar and Sparrow Bier Cafe. You don't have to walk very far on a pub crawl there for some excellent beer. I do feel a bit guilty though having not made it to the Corn Dolly on our last few visits.
Totally agree with the comments made above about our left back and it is interesting to get your take on Jack Payne. Always thought he was a very lightweight when he was with us. Obviously skilful though.

Went to the Bradford brewery tap last season. Thought it was excellent. Quick search online and it appears to have shut down. Can you confirm?

From the Yorkshire Post 14/08/18 - Bradford Brewery has been put up for sale after running out of money, the business turnaround firm put in charge of the sale process has said. The business was rumoured to have closed down after it shuttered its brewery tap bar on Saturday. However, it will continue to run the Exchange Ale House on Market Street in the city centre until a buyer can be found for the business through an accelerated sales process.

Back
Top Bottom