Brackley Town

It's not a 'love in ' but Brackleys ground is actually nearer to me than the Kassam is. I do wonder why Radio Oxford cover them though, especially as Radio Northampton does as well.

I went to last season's Non League Finals day. £25 And £1 for under 16s for matches. South Sheilds best supported club there, more than York had ?

I live 2.3 miles from Chester’s ground but I never felt the need to post a fund raising thread to help them with their financial troubles on here (admittedly I don’t have much sympathy for them considering their past).

My point was more to do with the fact that if everyone started a thread off on the goings on at their most local club and how they were doing then there wouldn’t be any time to discuss OUFC.

There would be plenty of time, Mr Wig; with ample left over for you to exercise ownership of the moral high ground on each one.

There would be plenty of time, Mr Wig; with ample left over for you to exercise ownership of the moral high ground on each one.

Well in that case let’s carry on :)

More to do with the fact that Brackley is within RadOx broadcast range, I guess.. It's much closer to Banbury than Northampton and as said, many ex OUFC players have gone there to either play or manage. For a definitive answer, perhaps someone addicted to phoning Jerome Sale after each game could ask him.

Never been there and would struggle to find it on a map to be honest. Need to check how Wealdstone are getting on...
If you aren't able to find Brackley on a map you've got fat chance of finding Wealdstone. Knowing them both very well, I'll take Brackley every time.

If you aren't able to find Brackley on a map you've got fat chance of finding Wealdstone. Knowing them both very well, I'll take Brackley every time.

Wealdstone is more local for me, no idea where Brackley is and was pointing out that neither is relevant to OUFC.

More to do with the fact that Brackley is within RadOx broadcast range, I guess.. It's much closer to Banbury than Northampton and as said, many ex OUFC players have gone there to either play or manage. For a definitive answer, perhaps someone addicted to phoning Jerome Sale after each game could ask him.
Bazzer!!!!!??

I spent 5 years in Brackley. Nice enough place but lacks yellows fans. The people I worked with seemed far more interested in Northampton.

Why do Radio Oxford cover there games? The Banbury argument is a strange one, given Banbury has a football team that has been more successful than them in the recent past, while Oxford City play at that level of non league and oxon has plenty of non league and other sports clubs to fill the Saturday afternoon coverage out with after OUFC.

It just seems an anomaly that they have carried on and run with, despite it not making much sense. Be interested to see an answer.

Why do Radio Oxford cover there games? The Banbury argument is a strange one, given Banbury has a football team that has been more successful than them in the recent past, while Oxford City play at that level of non league and oxon has plenty of non league and other sports clubs to fill the Saturday afternoon coverage out with after OUFC.

It just seems an anomaly that they have carried on and run with, despite it not making much sense. Be interested to see an answer.

I guess it depends what you consider as more successful.

Brackley are currently (and have been for a few seasons) at a level higher than Banbury have ever played at, Brackley have also had a couple of high profile cup results.

Banbury did of course get promoted via the plays offs not long ago but this was at two levels lower than Brackley are currently at.

Brackley are also having a better season in their league than Banbury are in theirs.

Not that any of that helps explain why Radio Oxford cover the Brackley games!!

I can’t answer that or even take a guess as I’ve no idea, personally I consider them a localish non league side so do take an interest in how they are doing. But then, having been involved with many of them, I do like to see how most local sides are doing down to the Hellenic League and below.

I suspect it's - at least partly - to do with the FM broadcast range of Beckley Mast, these vhf waves have no respect for county borders.

They are currently the second most successful team within that range*

*if you ignore swindon - which only seems fair

When we played Fleetwood away I was driving to Milton Keynes and had the game on all the way there, never lost signal, so Brackley would definitely get it. How many people tune in there is a different question I suppose, when I work in South Oxfordshire I never listen to Radio Berkshire despite that being an option.

I suspect it's - at least partly - to do with the FM broadcast range of Beckley Mast, these vhf waves have no respect for county borders.

They are currently the second most successful team within that range*

*if you ignore swindon - which only seems fair
Rad ox does have quite a wide broadcast signal range.....south west can pick it up from Wincanton , though in crap weather that reduces to Winterborne Stoke.....west, from the top of the m32 on m4, south, from the other side (south of) Winchester,..... east, until passing m25/m40 junction - after which pirate drum n bass stations invade the airwaves...south east till around Windsor, ......north m40/m42 junction- in good weather m42/m6 junctions....north east just beyond mk .....all via fm radio too

I live half an hour east of MK and am right on the edges of RadOx coverage. So much so that I can get it (a bit fuzzy) in my car, but not listenably in the house!

Rad ox does have quite a wide broadcast signal range.....south west can pick it up from Wincanton , though in crap weather that reduces to Winterborne Stoke.....west, from the top of the m32 on m4, south, from the other side (south of) Winchester,..... east, until passing m25/m40 junction - after which pirate drum n bass stations invade the airwaves...south east till around Windsor, ......north m40/m42 junction- in good weather m42/m6 junctions....north east just beyond mk .....all via fm radio too
You livin in Somerset now Sarge? Could do worse than follow Minehead Town. Nice little ground, no internal politics.... also no support from the Town Council. Sound familiar?

You livin in Somerset now Sarge? Could do worse than follow Minehead Town. Nice little ground, no internal politics.... also no support from the Town Council. Sound familiar?
By the way windmill, it’s living not livin. Spelling police not up to scratch.

I played a Sam Waters Cup semi final at Brackley Towns ground once. True story.

I've played in a final at Clanfield so nothing as fancy as Brackley Town. :)

Did ref a couple of kids finals at the Manor though. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom