National News (BP/Esso) fuel blockade/ shortages

Sarge

God like member
Extinction Rebellion are blockading BP& Esso Fuel depots as some sort of eco/ green crusade

IF it was a protest about the ridiculously high prices they may, just may, have some sympathy and support from the public.... however all they're doing is successfully pissing off the majority

yep , its had an impact on me , my local fuel outlet has no fuel whatsoever

Panic fuel buying- which will happen- will only see the rob dogs whack another 10p per litre on

We popped to Sainsburys Heyford Hill then to Tesco Cowley petrol stations on Sunday evening and both were closed due to no fuel.

Had to use Shell on Garsington Road.

We popped to Sainsburys Heyford Hill then to Tesco Cowley petrol stations on Sunday evening and both were closed due to no fuel.

Had to use Shell on Garsington Road.
Shell on Garsington Rd was out yesterday. Tesco Cowley had only premium unleaded

Weird, no problems around these parts that I`ve noticed. Local Morrisons pumps were shut yesterday but they always do when they are having a delivery, which they were. Prices stable around the £1.60 for unleaded, more for diesel.

Barely any diesel around the last couple of days. ‘Premium’ diesel only for the most part at 1.90 a litre.

Weird, no problems around these parts that I`ve noticed. Local Morrisons pumps were shut yesterday but they always do when they are having a delivery, which they were. Prices stable around the £1.60 for unleaded, more for diesel.
There are 10 fuel depots that are being protested at - likely only affect certain areas.

No diesel in six garages tried this morning. That was quite a few extra miles pointlessly travelled.

Any idea which group felt it was their turn to act like a bunch of idiots

No diesel in six garages tried this morning. That was quite a few extra miles pointlessly travelled.
I only tried 4 ... no diesel, neither city/standard nor premium .... but both E10 and Premium unleaded Petrol available at all 4
hopefully some diesel will arrive later/ tomorrow morning

It’s days like this I’m glad I’m retired and have a car with a big tank full of petrol

I don't agree with the methods of these groups (I am a driver too!) but I do share their frustrations. The recent UN report basically said that governments all over the world were lying about their efforts to mitigate climate change. And reliance on fossil fuels is of course a big part of that. If governments don't act, then people will try to take matters into their own hands. And (although I don't like the methods or the inconvenience it causes me personally) I can't find it in my heart to condemn then unreservedly - there is a bigger picture here.

Puts tin hat on.

There is a bunch of them dangling off Tower Bridge on ropes.

Plod close Bridge, causing congestion and pollution. 🤷‍♀️

You can`t mitigate climate change quickly, our industrial past means it's taken us centuries to get where we are now, so it will take time to develop new tech and reduce the impact we have on the balance of life and our behaviour.

Reducing the population by 25% would make a huge difference, but you can`t do that because the Ponzi scheme of consumerism would collapse. :)

There is a bunch of them dangling off Tower Bridge on ropes.

Plod close Bridge, causing congestion and pollution. 🤷‍♀️

You can`t mitigate climate change quickly, our industrial past means it's taken us centuries to get where we are now, so it will take time to develop new tech and reduce the impact we have on the balance of life and our behaviour.

Reducing the population by 25% would make a huge difference, but you can`t do that because the Ponzi scheme of consumerism would collapse. :)
Your thing about population is a red herring. You're welcome to set a good example though, by jumping off a cliff or similar.

doesnt appear to be any diesel or petrol in Oxford today

ten mins ago a bunch of climate protesters appeared to be in the process of ' setting up' on both sides of, (on), Marston flyover, though to do exactly what, Ive no idea

doesnt appear to be any diesel or petrol in Oxford today

ten mins ago a bunch of climate protesters appeared to be in the process of ' setting up' on both sides of, (on), Marston flyover, though to do exactly what, Ive no idea
Thought I heard on RadOx this morning that a tanker had delivered to Tesco in Cowley and that the traffic queues were as a result of folk waiting to fill up.

Your thing about population is a red herring. You're welcome to set a good example though, by jumping off a cliff or similar.

Really? Tell these folk as well then.

"More than a third of 50 recently surveyed Nobel laureates cited “population rise / environmental degradation” as the biggest threat to humankind."

Done my bit, no kids and living the DINK lifestyle which is to be admired. ;)

Really? Tell these folk as well then.

"More than a third of 50 recently surveyed Nobel laureates cited “population rise / environmental degradation” as the biggest threat to humankind."

Done my bit, no kids and living the DINK lifestyle which is to be admired. ;)
Always room for improvement, I refer you to the previous post.

Thought I heard on RadOx this morning that a tanker had delivered to Tesco in Cowley and that the traffic queues were as a result of folk waiting to fill up.
I didnt go that way.....bp & shell headington/marston, pear tree roundabout and yarton had no petrol or diesel earlier.
I prefer not to use supermarket city diesel ....if I can avoid it....

According to a neighbour who just came back from evesham, climate protesters were affixing overhead banners to the marston flyover , above the ring road, but didnt appear to be doing anything much else when he passed them