Matches Boxing Day v Pompey in doubt - POSTPONED

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
Pompey have just called off tomorrow's game against AFC Wimbledon due to cases in the squad.

Surely puts our game in doubt as it's only 9 days away!

Pompey have just called off tomorrow's game against AFC Wimbledon due to cases in the squad.

Surely puts our game in doubt as it's only 9 days away!

They should be fine as long as they have a fit senior keeper (although plenty of time to loan one) and at least another 10 outfield players. We played after all.

They should be fine as long as they have a fit senior keeper (although plenty of time to loan one) and at least another 10 outfield players. We played after all.
So why have they called the game off tomorrow?

We had no fit keeper, would have played had we had one.

isnt it 14 senior players and a keeper required for EFL games to go ahead?.... or did I misread/ mishear that?

nt it 14 senior players and a keeper required for EFL games to go ahead?.... or did I misread/ mishear that?

Reading the guidance, it is 14 senior players including the keeper. The senior players includes u21s with at least 1 league appearance and overage players not on the Squad list.

Reading the guidance, it is 14 senior players including the keeper. The senior players includes u21s with at least 1 league appearance and overage players not on the Squad list.
...... which does kind of raise the question regarding what is the point of the having EFL squad limits for L1 & L2

...... which does kind of raise the question regarding what is the point of the having EFL squad limits for L1 & L2

I think this is an emergency measure only to get these games on and there can't be that many anyway.

And I’m sure there are a couple of teams that a fiddling the number of cases because they have only 6 players out but it’s 6 of their better players.

Its not just covid cases at Pompey. They have quite a few injuries as well. Guy at work said that they have 12 unavailable and thats a mixture of covid and injuries. Injuries shouldnt count so make them play us using the kids i say. Oh i forgot they closed down their youth teams after a load got sacked for racist tweets after England lost to Italy in the Euros.

Should be made to play with what they`ve got if they can put 11 on the pitch and a sub, or forfeit the match. :)

Back
Top Bottom