Matches Boxing Day v Pompey in doubt - POSTPONED

Whilst we have had mixed in with the pompey postponement some Covid/Flu statistics for posters to digest please take a few minutes to digest this extremely worrying statistic especially if you are a male between the age of 25-44. This is also a very real statistic.

IMG_0713.jpg
It's not a weakness lads to ask or check if your fellow mate/work colleague/relation is ok...these days it must be a given!

COYY'S

I think you’ve really rather emphasized the point I was making.

That flu is also dangerous and historically has been. The media have not focused as much on it and so there has been less drama and overreaction to daily data.

550000 people die a year in the UK.

Up to 25000 a year of those are flu. In the last 10 months there have been 23000 Covid “deaths” but as manorlounger alludes that may well be an over stated number.

Do you think a flu death is less serious than a covid death?

For the record I’m triple jabbed and wear a face mask consistently even when not mandated.
I’ll let someone more knowledgeable tackle your points if they wish, but every government in the world is taking covid very seriously so I don’t really see the point in reopening the debate in such basic terms. It’s fine though, as we’re just chatting

Whilst we have had mixed in with the pompey postponement some Covid/Flu statistics for posters to digest please take a few minutes to digest this extremely worrying statistic especially if you are a male between the age of 25-44. This is also a very real statistic.

View attachment 7681
It's not a weakness lads to ask or check if your fellow mate/work colleague/relation is ok...these days it must be a given!

COYY'S

Really, really good point.

I’ll let someone more knowledgeable tackle your points if they wish, but every government in the world is taking covid very seriously so I don’t really see the point in reopening the debate in such basic terms. It’s fine though, as we’re just chatting
Agreed. Debate done to death. I’ll leave it and not respond further. There is no truth just opinions on a spectrum

Up to 25000 a year of those are flu. In the last 10 months there have been 23000 Covid “deaths” but as manorlounger alludes that may well be an over stated number.
Sorry but you tit!

25,000 die of flu without the mitigations we've seen in the last two years.

“Not many people got flu last year because of Covid-19 restrictions, so there isn’t as much natural immunity in our communities as usual,” said Prof Van-Tam.

150,000 death within 28 days blah blah blah (which ignores many post 28 day covid deaths) despite lockdown etc.

Don't bring you Facebook pseudo-science on here. 😡😡😡

Sorry but you tit!

25,000 die of flu without the mitigations we've seen in the last two years.

“Not many people got flu last year because of Covid-19 restrictions, so there isn’t as much natural immunity in our communities as usual,” said Prof Van-Tam.

150,000 death within 28 days blah blah blah (which ignores many post 28 day covid deaths) despite lockdown etc.

Don't bring you Facebook pseudo-science on here. 😡😡😡
Oh dear …You seem very angry about those with different opinions to you with your name calling.

You’ve created a few self contradicting points but Ive already stated I’m not continuing to debate this in a previous post as it’s been done to death

Take care and have a good evening.

Oh dear …You seem very angry about those with different opinions to you with your name calling.

You’ve created a few self contradicting points but Ive already stated I’m not continuing to debate this in a previous post as it’s been done to death

You're confusion opinions and facts.

V pleased for you not to bring your covid denial crap here anymore.

Typical.
Post something disruptive and wait.
Then when the responses come, disregard and continue to ply your wares.
Then disappear like, a rogue trader .

You're confusion opinions and facts.

V pleased for you not to bring your covid denial crap here anymore.
Apologies to other posters.

You and lower south appear to be a little mob that hunt down those who don’t have an absolutely aligned view to your own.

It’s a worrying trend amongst people these days that they’re unable to reflect upon multiple outlooks and perspectives in a world where there is no view that is an “absolute truth”.

I do not deny Covid. Nor have I. I absolutely believe it exists and that it kills people. So perhaps you should be careful about mixing your opinion and facts.

I support mass uptake of the vaccine and the use of masks.

I have referenced facts that are easily verifiable for anyone with google from reliable government resources.

You on the other hand are here just slinging insults at people you don’t know.

I’m asking questions about how scientific data is used alongside social policy decisions to find a way that allows society to operate in the most utilitarian manner possible.

Will all our previously affected covid players be available if Wimbledon goes ahead? Could be some interesting selection choices for KR to think about....

Don't take other people's unwillingness to derail the thread any further as any sort of agreement with what you've said.
That’s fine. We don’t all have to agree on everything. It’s the civility with which we disagree that’s important. I don’t think there is any sort of definitive truth out there….I just think there’s more of a flavor to the debate and a question about trajectory long term. That’s all.

That’s fine. We don’t all have to agree on everything. It’s the civility with which we disagree that’s important. I don’t think there is any sort of definitive truth out there….I just think there’s more of a flavor to the debate and a question about trajectory long term. That’s all.
Yep, you just post complete BS comparing covid deaths with flu deaths and when your numbers are shown to be bollox you ignore that and try and make the issue one you being called a tit for making the ridiculous comparison on the first place. Good night. Sleep tight.

Back
Top Bottom