Matches Boxing Day v Pompey in doubt - POSTPONED

Fair play calling it off so early. Good for the players and staff, probably their first proper Christmas break in yonks. Shame for anyone who had anything non-refundable booked, though. Hope it’s rearranged for a Saturday.

I’d we didn’t get the points v Crewe the first time around, we’ve no chance on this.

Agreed.

Ive flown over from Texas with my yank daughter for her first away game for this one. Rental cars too expensive so we are hitching lifts and rides and building our travel itinerary around it.

Some early notice would be helpful. I can’t see the game going ahead though with a crowd

Well it’s the early notice I asked for but it’s disappointing. The world certainly operates from a place of fear these days….

🇬🇧 Flu average death numbers over 12 months: up to 25000
🇬🇧 Covid deaths last 10 months : 23000

This part of the statement on the website is interesting.
Any chance of 3 points being awarded to
Oxford?

“In light of the increased transmission rate of the Omicron variant, the EFL will now review the circumstances surrounding the postponement.”
They will meet have a cuppa and go home. The EFL don’t do nothing.

Fair play calling it off so early. Good for the players and staff, probably their first proper Christmas break in yonks. Shame for anyone who had anything non-refundable booked, though. Hope it’s rearranged for a Saturday.
Agree with the decision being made early enough for those who haven't committed to going. Will be a good many who have made arrangements that won't be refundable which is not good news.
Will be interested to see what happens with the coach fee. Will it be refunded?
As to the rearranged date, not much chance in January, pretty much no chance in February so, March, on a Tuesday evening?

Well it’s the early notice I asked for but it’s disappointing. The world certainly operates from a place of fear these days….

Is that deaths from Covid or, following a positive test result within 28 days? Statistics are so skewed as to be almost misleading.

Agree with the decision being made early enough for those who haven't committed to going. Will be a good many who have made arrangements that won't be refundable which is not good news.
Will be interested to see what happens with the coach fee. Will it be refunded?
As to the rearranged date, not much chance in January, pretty much no chance in February so, March, on a Tuesday evening?
Doubt very much whether any rearranged game would be on a Saturday unless there is an FA cup and neither team is involved. Although January there are no midweek games for the U’s. Pompey have a couple of Tuesdays free towards the end of January but we also play Portsmouth at home in February.

You’re missing the point.
When was the last time you heard of someone with flu.?
It’s no longer about deaths.
It’s about infection.
It’s about the 10 day isolation rule, which is having the same effect as the ”pingdemic”.
You don’t have to isolate if in contact with someone with flu.

It’s about infection.
It’s about the 10 day isolation rule, which is having the same effect as the ”pingdemic”.
And the question should be, why not?

Disappointing if you’d been looking forward to going, but probably good for us, a chance for injuries and Covid cases to recover.

All I know is that they have 12 players unavailable due to a mixture of covid, illness and injury. How thats split up in terms of numbers I don't know.

In my mind it was against Woking, Dad and I got to the ground at around 12:30 it was still on, so headed to the bowling alley. Heard it was called off so ordered another couple of pitchers - everything got a bit hazy after that, so may well have been against R&D...

Edit: Thinking about it, I'm maybe muddling it up the games, the Woking game didn't we get damn near 12K on Boxing Day, and have the game end in a 0-0 snorefest?

Wasn't that the game we realised we'd signed the wrong Hutchinson

It’s about infection.
I think you’ve really rather emphasized the point I was making.

That flu is also dangerous and historically has been. The media have not focused as much on it and so there has been less drama and overreaction to daily data.

550000 people die a year in the UK.

Up to 25000 a year of those are flu. In the last 10 months there have been 23000 Covid “deaths” but as manorlounger alludes that may well be an over stated number.

Do you think a flu death is less serious than a covid death?

For the record I’m triple jabbed and wear a face mask consistently even when not mandated.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom