Matches Boxing Day v Pompey in doubt - POSTPONED

I used to be a goal keeper so I would be happy to go in goal for Pompey if that would help? I wouldn't even expect a fee. Mind you, I would need to find my glasses.....

No, no. These new balls can be seen without glasses. Or something. You'll be fine.

Should be made to play with what they`ve got if they can put 11 on the pitch and a sub, or forfeit the match. :)
Well if the main reason their game was of last Saturday because of covid m, the 10 days isolation won’t be finished not until the 28th

In my mind it was against Woking, Dad and I got to the ground at around 12:30 it was still on, so headed to the bowling alley. Heard it was called off so ordered another couple of pitchers - everything got a bit hazy after that, so may well have been against R&D...

Edit: Thinking about it, I'm maybe muddling it up the games, the Woking game didn't we get damn near 12K on Boxing Day, and have the game end in a 0-0 snorefest?
Think that match was our record at the Kastad

Was it Rushden and Diamonds called off at 1.30 pm with an anticipated 10000 attendance?

I remember our game at Newcastle getting called off just as I drove into the City about midday. Was going over to the Lake District afterwards anyway so went across early, visited some family, stopped at Ennerdale and watched Barrow that evening (5.30 ko due to the Cartmel Races).

Was it Rushden and Diamonds called off at 1.30 pm with an anticipated 10000 attendance?

There was a home game called off against them and then they went and called it off late at their place too! Was it a New Year’s Day game possibly? I recall one of our party calling Rushden to confirm it was on and they said yes. By the time we got there, Nick Harris no less told us it had been postponed.

A weird sort of revenge from them on us.

What sporting events apart from Swansea and Cardiff get big crowds.

Claindanwangon Town v Llweynclandango won't attract many!

Wrexham get as big crowds as we do.

Over the top in my opinion, no real point getting a season ticket for any sports team if this is going to happen, as there will always be outbreaks of Covid now, it’s not going away.

Video of the game will now available on iFollow. Was only audio when I looked before.

Would expect Oxford City to have a larger than anticipated crowd if the game doesn't go ahead.

Can't see it happening if they've called their game today off, haven't bought a ticket yet as wasn't sure whether it would be taking place but would be nice to know this side of Christmas Eve as wouldn't mind a jaunt down to Fratton.

Think that match was our record at the Kastad
I think that Woking at home on Boxing Day 2006 set the record for most fans at the Kassam in the conference, excluding play-offs.
Total attendance 11,065 of which 10,759 were home.

(This might have been a conference / national league record at the time, though subsequently beaten by Briston Rovers 11,085 and later Notts County 12,843 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-59283017)

Subsequently in May 2010 in the play-off semi-final against Rushden and Diamonds
Total attendance 11,963 of which 10,854 were home.

Back
Top Bottom