National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

All very well, but I still believe that come the GE, Middle England will see the choice as voting for a feckless, philandering ninny or for people (or perhaps more accurately, people from a party) that "can't be trusted to run the country" and we all know where that X will be going ....

More random donations were sought for a £150000 tree house with bullet proof glass at Chequers. Only didn't go ahead due to security veto.

What Suella Braverman's comments actually show is how much these Tories do not have empathy with or even understanding of the majority of the population.

I mean, if you are not going to vote Tory and either voted tactically or didn't, how will her comments influence any future vote you cast? Those who voted tactically will be even more driven to do so and those who didn't are more likely to do so in future.

What Suella Braverman's comments actually show is how much these Tories do not have empathy with or even understanding of the majority of the population.

I mean, if you are not going to vote Tory and either voted tactically or didn't, how will her comments influence any future vote you cast? Those who voted tactically will be even more driven to do so and those who didn't are more likely to do so in future.

The kind of people reading those tweets will, probably, have already chosen who to vote for.

As a card-carrying tactical voter, I have no problem with anyone making that choice.

I would have a problem if parties withdrew candidates to "force" tactical voting which is nothing short of gerrymandering.

The kind of people reading those tweets will, probably, have already chosen who to vote for.

As a card-carrying tactical voter, I have no problem with anyone making that choice.

I would have a problem if parties withdrew candidates to "force" tactical voting which is nothing short of gerrymandering.
bit like Nigel Farage's party did, on behalf of BoJos tories, by only standing in labour seats, at the last GE ? ;)

Not rejecting what SD put in that post, but clearly you were one of the lucky ones who didn’t need any help with grants or furlough during Covid then.
Seeing as all developed countries had furlough schemes and financial support of one kind or another and that any party in power in Westminster at the time would have had a furlough scheme I'm wondering exactly how much value the Tories actually added and therefore how much credit they should get.

Now, do you want to talk about the £37 billion written off as I've got some first hand accounts of how government ministers were pressuring councils to make grant payments when said councils were telling the said ministers the claims were almost certainly fraudulent. Which they turned out to be. I also know of a number of tories councils who succumb to the pressure so said ministers could go on TV/radio to tell the country how wonderfully they were doing. People should be losing their jobs over such blatant and avoidable mismanagement of the counties finances. And you want people to praise them! 😳😳😳😠😠😠🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Not rejecting what SD put in that post, but clearly you were one of the lucky ones who didn’t need any help with grants or furlough during Covid then.
No I was lucky, I work in education so worked all the way through some online but mostly on site as it's a vocational course I have also been lucky in never contracting it either.
Not so lucky as working in further education where funding has been reducing year on year in real terms for the last 13 years. Wage rises are virtually non-existant to such an extent where I now qualify for universal credit (not claiming for any dependants or any disabilities just basic living costs) in my early sixties in a senior technician role.

Last edited:
Seeing as all developed countries had furlough schemes and financial support of one kind or another and that any party in power in Westminster at the time would have had a furlough scheme I'm wondering exactly how much value the Tories actually added and therefore how much credit they should get.

Now, do you want to talk about the £37 billion written off as I've got some first hand accounts of how government ministers were pressuring councils to make grant payments when said councils were telling the said ministers the claims were almost certainly fraudulent. Which they turned out to be. I also know of a number of tories councils who succumb to the pressure so said ministers could go on TV/radio to tell the country how wonderfully they were doing. People should be losing their jobs over such blatant and avoidable mismanagement of the counties finances. And you want people to praise them! 😳😳😳😠😠😠🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

100% this.

Got to admit i`m getting a bit fed up of hearing supporters of this shower use this as a positive, like you said every
other developed country did the same and i have no doubt that Labour, Lib Dems, whoever would have done
exactly the same thing as well.

As for the billions that were written off, well, that just stinks.

Giving yourself away there Bazza.

You clearly think that anyone and everyone is below those who are Tories, regardless of what their policies might be.

Why is that?

Are you going to tell me it is because the last Labour Government single-handedly "bankrupted the country" (in the middle of a global financial crisis), even though debt has gone UP under the Tories?

Would you like to tell me that Labour are the party of high tax, even though there have been 15 tax increases under this Tory government and we now have the highest personal tax burden in 70 plus years.

Or maybe it is there care for the vulnerable and elderly, that makes them attractive....no?
Or maybe it's the "growth industry" of food banks? https://www.trusselltrust.org/news-and-blog/latest-stats/end-year-stats/
Or NHS waiting lists (which were already massive and growing pre-pandemic)? https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/apr/14/number-of-people-on-nhs-waiting-lists-in-england-at-record-high#:~:text=NHS data shows 6.2 million,waiting more than two years.
Or what about law and order - has that improved, now they are replacing the 21000 Police officers they got rid of in the first place?https://fullfact.org/crime/police-numbers/

OR maybe it was all the reasons I gave in this post https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/boris-johnson-pm.2699/post-551708?

So what it is, exactly, that sets them above and superiror to all other subjects in this green and pleasant land?

I'm just not seeing it!
Just will never vote for Labour or the Libdems or any other party.
Just saying I wouldn’t lower myself was a dig at a certain poster.

Isn't it merely an unofficial political alliance, I certainly don't see how it manipulates political boundaries. It is simply recognising the first past the post system is failing the electorate. In turn that system leads to the devisive nature of Parliament that is archaic and no longer fit for purpose of a modern economy.

All very well, but I still believe that come the GE, Middle England will see the choice as voting for a feckless, philandering ninny or for people (or perhaps more accurately, people from a party) that "can't be trusted to run the country" and we all know where that X will be going ....

I rest my case...

Not aimed at you personally Baz, I just wanted to refute the numerous claims that the Tories would be turfed out at the next election unless Boris is ditched or they change their ways.

The whole cabinet could be caught taking a dump in the fountains in Trafalgar Square after going out on the razz with money stolen from charity collection tins but there are people who will continue to vote for them purely because "we might get [someone like] Corbyn"....

Just saying I wouldn’t lower myself was a dig at a certain poster.
That has to be one of the most remarkably ill considered comments ever posted on this forum. Are you seriously suggesting that notwithstanding the failings of any Conservative government and specifically, at the moment, the current PM, you will not consider exercising your vote elsewhere? Have you ever bothered to read any other party's manifesto? Have you dismissed them so conclusively that whatever the failings of the Conservative party, they can rely on your vote? Why so utterly inflexible, or do you rely on the Sun and the Mail to justify your view? I say all the above as a genuine floating voter.

Back
Top Bottom