National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

Think Michael Gove was on drugs when on breakfast tv this morning, doing random impressions, including of Harry Enfield's the scousers, calling people "bonkerooney", saying that he is "super cool" with the idea of unilaterally breaking trade agreements, also randomly professed "I’m a big, big Liz Truss fan".
You know what.....that was the first thing that crossed my mind too. . . and when I heard him on Radio 4 too. He was practically shouting at times on the latter, such was his "enthusiasm"🤧

I thought ol "Charlie" Gove has been up to his old tricks again 👃

That'll do it Rishi, instead of actually implementing something threaten to implement something.

BBC News - Rishi Sunak threatens energy firms with windfall tax
Surely not allowing the raising of the energy cap in the first place would have had the same effect.
Except we would all have benefited so probably a nono

Trouble us, if you prevent the energy companies from raising their prices to match what they are paying, you just drive the last independent ones to the wall and we will all be back with the "Big Six" and it's they that are making the big profits as they purchase the power they sell well in advance. The increases will eventually catch up with them however.

If you want a fair and equitable government intervention, as things stand it would have to be in the form of a subsidy to each company based on the kW supplied - and guess which companies supply the most.

Of course, HMG could stop insisting that each and every consumer pays the so-called "green levies" which are supposed to encourage the firms to develop sustainable energy, but that wouldn't be without issues.

Trouble us, if you prevent the energy companies from raising their prices to match what they are paying, you just drive the last independent ones to the wall and we will all be back with the "Big Six" and it's they that are making the big profits as they purchase the power they sell well in advance. The increases will eventually catch up with them however.

If you want a fair and equitable government intervention, as things stand it would have to be in the form of a subsidy to each company based on the kW supplied - and guess which companies supply the most.

Of course, HMG could stop insisting that each and every consumer pays the so-called "green levies" which are supposed to encourage the firms to develop sustainable energy, but that wouldn't be without issues.
I was perfectly happy with a state owned electricity and gas supplier it all comes from the same place, cut out the middle men better for everybody but the rich investors

Wow. That's a resounding failure.
Yet more evidence that trickle-down doesn't work.
It also reflects how much time and energy Johnson puts into the job.
I don’t know how many hours a day he works, but I think even the most loyal Johnson supporter would agree it’s as little as he can get away with.
Once he’s dealt with priority No.1, firefighting the previous day’s gaffs. I doubt there’s precious little time for anything else.

It has been said in the past that the older you get to the more conservative you get. These pillocks are pushing me in entirely the opposite direction. Lying, venal, authoritarian no-marks who treat the people of this country with open contempt while ripping them off for the benefit of themselves and their cronies. And Tory MPs who toe the party line while being entirely aware of that are equally culpable. Shame on the lot of them.

It has been said in the past that the older you get to the more conservative you get. These pillocks are pushing me in entirely the opposite direction. Lying, venal, authoritarian no-marks who treat the people of this country with open contempt while ripping them off for the benefit of themselves and their cronies. And Tory MPs who toe the party line while being entirely aware of that are equally culpable. Shame on the lot of them.
Completely agree. In the right circumstances I could have probably voted for a Cameron of Major had the alternative not been up too much. But not now. Not this clown show! I also worry they’ll never be credible again, either because so many people vote for them regardless of how bad they are, or if not, because you still need an affective opposition.

How long before theres an advert on tv featuring flyfishing chap JR Hartley contacting 2nd hand bookshops , asking for 'how to cook a meal for 30p' by lee anderson?

How long before theres an advert on tv featuring flyfishing chap JR Hartley contacting 2nd hand bookshops , asking for 'how to cook a meal for 30p' by lee anderson?
Jack Monroe is about to sue Lee Anderson's ass off for libel it seems.

She did the same to Katie Hopkins who lost and had to sell her house to pay the legal costs.

Being a selfish, vindictive and a downright nasty person does have a price...sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom