National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

A good time to be an MP if you like time off.

Still plenty going on....

With a "sharp" start from Mr Speaker.....

Before I call the Secretary of State for Digital, Culture Media and Sport, I want to point out that there were extensive stories in the media over the weekend about the future of the licence fee and the BBC’s funding arrangements. I also understand that the Secretary of State tweeted about the subject—either that or she lost her phone—stating:

“This licence fee announcement will be the last.

These are very important matters that affect all our constituents, and this House quite rightly has a keen interest in them. Any statement on a substantial policy development should have been made to this House before being made to the media."

I do like him.... says it like it is.

Still plenty going on....

With a "sharp" start from Mr Speaker.....

Before I call the Secretary of State for Digital, Culture Media and Sport, I want to point out that there were extensive stories in the media over the weekend about the future of the licence fee and the BBC’s funding arrangements. I also understand that the Secretary of State tweeted about the subject—either that or she lost her phone—stating:

“This licence fee announcement will be the last.

These are very important matters that affect all our constituents, and this House quite rightly has a keen interest in them. Any statement on a substantial policy development should have been made to this House before being made to the media."

I do like him.... says it like it is.
i also like him but it makes no difference - they keep doing it and undermining the house and Parliamentary process.

Well done the House of Lords:

The misogyny vote may be controversial to some (gets a shrug of the shoulders from me) but the rest of the votes are positive as Tories will have joined the others to oppose the move towards authoritarianism.

Well done the House of Lords:

The misogyny vote may be controversial to some (gets a shrug of the shoulders from me) but the rest of the votes are positive as Tories will have joined the others to oppose the move towards authoritarianism.
The government seem obsessed with saying some things are already covered in general laws, so shouldn't be specific crimes, whilst at the same time (and in the same bill) introducing specific crimes to deal with things already covered in existing laws. Seems odd to focus on crimes re pets instead of crimes that affect women.

Either Johnson or Cummings are lying. But by process of elimination, on this occasion at least one of them has to be telling the truth.

Are you suggesting you believe that person to be Boris Johnson??

I think they are both being less than truthful but for different reasons and in different ways.

I don`t think either are being 100% straight about events, people involve,d or how things actually happened, again for different reasons.

Boris - lots of "stuff" going on, lots of emails, pressure, decisions to make, non stop hurricane of stuff coming in probably didn`t even read his PPS`s invite/email properly. Walked out into his garden, had a chat, maybe a drink and went back to work. Doesn`t perceive he did anything wrong.

Cummings - bouncing around doing stuff, but is the sort of hyper-geek that saves and stores everything "just in case". Forced out of his un-elected position of power, goes home and drags out the "when the time comes" box of allegations and saves it for 18 months or so then drip-feeds it to the piranhas.

I think Ms Gray will come up with some sort of fudge that partially exonerates Boris and pushes DC into the fish tank.

I think they are both being less than truthful but for different reasons and in different ways.

I don`t think either are being 100% straight about events, people involve,d or how things actually happened, again for different reasons.

Boris - lots of "stuff" going on, lots of emails, pressure, decisions to make, non stop hurricane of stuff coming in probably didn`t even read his PPS`s invite/email properly. Walked out into his garden, had a chat, maybe a drink and went back to work. Doesn`t perceive he did anything wrong.

Cummings - bouncing around doing stuff, but is the sort of hyper-geek that saves and stores everything "just in case". Forced out of his un-elected position of power, goes home and drags out the "when the time comes" box of allegations and saves it for 18 months or so then drip-feeds it to the piranhas.

I think Ms Gray will come up with some sort of fudge that partially exonerates Boris and pushes DC into the fish tank.
well, he wouldnt would he ?

I think that’s an optimist outcome on Johnson’s behalf.
Had Johnson denied his involvement in the House of Commons, then it’s possible Cummings is lying. But for whatever reason, he couldn’t, almost certainly because he can’t.

If the former happens, it will be a calamity for England .

I’m surprised Johnson lasted the weekend. I’m predicting a resignation today. Either before or after PMQs

Back
Top Bottom