National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

Pragmatic realism or just ignoring the law....

It is still Govt apologism.

Maybe it is in your opinion :)
However I don`t see the Appeal Court threatening to throw Gavin Williamson in prison or saying he must go back to how it was.
There was lots of stern language but, it seems, an acceptance that the changes were necessary and time limited even if applied in a very clumsy manner.
A bit of a slap on the wrist and don`t do it again.

However I don`t see the Appeal Court threatening to throw Gavin Williamson in prison or saying he must go back to how it was.
There was lots of stern language but, it seems, an acceptance that the changes were necessary and time limited even if applied in a very clumsy manner.
This government are a bit 'Portsmouth' in how far they bend rules for their own benefit aren't they. Just because they get away with it, doesn't make it right. We need Taylor up there to put the squeeze on the Johnson johnson...

Justice will come in the ballot box.

I think you'll find lots on here where I've been critical of Corbyn. Can't stand the man and his cronies. From what I've seen Starmer has accepted the independent report in full. Johnson hasn't. There is a clear difference.

No longer a governor since my youngest moved up so I'm free to say what I like!! As if I wasn't before.
I've not seen anything on here where you have been critical of Corbyn (that doesn't mean you haven't, I'm not on here that often) but I have looked at the Anti Semitism in the Labour Party thread and you haven't posted anything critical on there, perhaps you didn't feel it was worthy of criticism. Maybe do a Yellow taxi and just set up another account and say you hated Corbyn all along!

Thankfully Starmer has accepted the report, what has followed is less savoury with Corbyn not accepting it and his followers pouring petrol on the fire. Personally I wish him and his hate mob would just P**s off and form their own party so we can see if Starmer can form a party capable of being elected. Unfortunately I doubt he can do this with the far left in the background. I'm not sure why you mention Johnson, do you mean Alan or Boris? I'm struggling to see why either are relevant to racism in the Labour Party.

It seems you are free to say what you like, keep spreading the love.......

I've not seen anything on here where you have been critical of Corbyn (that doesn't mean you haven't, I'm not on here that often) but I have looked at the Anti Semitism in the Labour Party thread and you haven't posted anything critical on there, perhaps you didn't feel it was worthy of criticism. Maybe do a Yellow taxi and just set up another account and say you hated Corbyn all along!

Thankfully Starmer has accepted the report, what has followed is less savoury with Corbyn not accepting it and his followers pouring petrol on the fire. Personally I wish him and his hate mob would just P**s off and form their own party so we can see if Starmer can form a party capable of being elected. Unfortunately I doubt he can do this with the far left in the background. I'm not sure why you mention Johnson, do you mean Alan or Boris? I'm struggling to see why either are relevant to racism in the Labour Party.

It seems you are free to say what you like, keep spreading the love.......
Could I suggest that you judge people by what they say and not by what they don't say or I might accuse you of being a Sw*nd*n support simply because I have read anything you've posted to the contrary on here.

Back on topic, Starmer has his own thread......... stricter Tiers seem to be causing murmurings amongst the Tory back bench`s.

There isn`t a lot of choice really.

Get on, get it done and things may improve, however the "5 days of Christmas" is a potential recipe for a much larger problem down the road.
Wouldn`t have done it myself but there you go.

Could I suggest that you judge people by what they say and not by what they don't say or I might accuse you of being a Sw*nd*n support simply because I have read anything you've posted to the contrary on here.
You could suggest it, you may also like to follow your own advice.

Back on topic, Starmer has his own thread......... stricter Tiers seem to be causing murmurings amongst the Tory back bench`s.

There isn`t a lot of choice really.

Get on, get it done and things may improve, however the "5 days of Christmas" is a potential recipe for a much larger problem down the road.
Wouldn`t have done it myself but there you go.
I'm no Johnson supporter, but he is entirely right in imposing the Tier system. And I know it catches places that aren't high, but you can't be that granular. We need to just batten down the hatches until those who are at risk are inoculated - there is the glimmerings of light at the end of this tunnel, let's try to keep people safe until then. Do I like it? No, Do I think it is the sensible, rational, caring thing to do? Yes.
Mind you he is completely wrong about the five day relaxation at Christmas. Watch the figures spike again in mid/late January.

The poison Ginger Pixie of the North has now offered Scottish Health & Care workers a £500 bonus & asked Boris "not to tax it".

Is that even legal? Paying people "tax-free" ?

The poison Ginger Pixie of the North has now offered Scottish Health & Care workers a £500 bonus & asked Boris "not to tax it".

Is that even legal? Paying people "tax-free" ?
Political games ahead of going for another referendum. She knows he can't agree to that, because the rest of the country would go mental, and she can then spin the 'Evil English controlling our lives' rhetoric next year.

I'm no Johnson supporter, but he is entirely right in imposing the Tier system. And I know it catches places that aren't high, but you can't be that granular. We need to just batten down the hatches until those who are at risk are inoculated - there is the glimmerings of light at the end of this tunnel, let's try to keep people safe until then. Do I like it? No, Do I think it is the sensible, rational, caring thing to do? Yes.
Mind you he is completely wrong about the five day relaxation at Christmas. Watch the figures spike again in mid/late January.
He's between a rock and a hard place over Christmas. If he doesn't relax the rules most people I suspect will ignore them anyway and if he doesn't, then he's Scrooge. He can't win. I agree with you though, Christmas is going to be a Granny Killer.

Political games ahead of going for another referendum. She knows he can't agree to that, because the rest of the country would go mental, and she can then spin the 'Evil English controlling our lives' rhetoric next year.

I know. I could see the smirk in that pinched little face.

Had their chance, blew it. 84.6% turn out in 2014 55.3% - 44.7%.

Probably wants another go with a lower turn out and a better chance of winning, hope Boris tells her to FO. :D

Agreed but he doesn't help himself by his appalling management of people's expectations. 'We are coming out of (national) lockdown on 2 Dec' (to appease the right of the party) only for the new rules for many people appearing to be little different to lockdown The messenging had been third rate throughout.

Come on.....

'We will inevitably win, because the armies of science are coming to our aid with all the morale-boosting bugle-blasting excitement of Wellington's Prussian allies coming through the woods on the afternoon of Waterloo'.

Them Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys will be loving that......... good job we aren`t negotiating leaving the EU or the like.....
:) :)

She can't lose. London agrees she's a hero. London disagrees they are villains.

She's wasted on Scotland to be honest.

I messaged some Scottish friends in January .
Doris is the SNP’s ace card to Independence.

She can't lose. London agrees she's a hero. London disagrees they are villains.

She's wasted on Scotland to be honest.

If Johnson or his team had any nous, he should say they can as long as the Scottish Govt cover the tax revenues to HMG from their other budgets. The UK gets its tax take and Sturgeon has a decision to make.

Back
Top Bottom