National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

It can't be conveniently forgotten as the Govt will be responsible, at least partly, for any possible clean ups etc should there be problems.

If you mean satellites crashing I can provide some reassurance as the MoD was not involved in the development of any of the technology (y)

Hardly purring, I reckon. [Private Eye1535 p39] says it "won't actually enable gps but might improve broadband services.... if enough satellites successfully get into orbit in the first place."

It also says (my paraphrase) Elon Musk's SpaceX has 844 satellites up and can launch 60 at a time, Bezos' Blue Origin is also getting satellites up. Oneweb plans to launch 35 in December which will total 110, from Vostochny Cosmodrome - it needs 650.

No longer paraphrasing.

As a former supplier employee, it was never clear what OneWeb was for, although Coca Cola was keen on pop-up bars in the desert according to the brochures. The business model is far from clear and the remaining investors are Softbank and Bharti. My expectation is that for our 42% share we will be investing lots more in a vanity project in a niche market before it's conveniently forgotten. Even if a market somehow exists the footprint will be swallowed whole by the leaders before OneWeb carries live traffic.
Just my opinion.
You are almost certainty right, but he will be purring because he’s a fantasist and an egomaniac who doesn’t see what it is, only what he believes it to be the first steps toward. In his mind this will be him beginning a journey of turning the UK into a tech superpower, as he’s always admired the idea of a state-owned giant to rival Google and Apple. It’s the Chinese / Russian method and is why we refused point blank to do anything other than develop our own tracking app at the start of the pandemic, because in Dom’s mind we’re preparing for a world without the established big boys. Hence all those terrible ad campaigns about “Such and such’s next job could be in cyber. They just don’t know it yet.” It is pretty laughable on many levels, but it is his mentality. He thinks he can do it. He’s playing around with muskets that he thinks are like something out of Men In Black. To hell with feeding kids, Dom wants Space Command.

The incredible irony of the statements regarding the investment, though, and how they’re apparently aiming to 'extend british influence' through the armed forces, despite every other decision of theirs making the breakup of Britain itself seem more and more inevitable. If they're worried about losing influence, maybe start with Scotland (Northern Ireland and Wales are a tomorrow problem) and the massive trading partner that's on our doorstep. Those might be more paramount to British strength and influence than Dominic’s Star Trek fantasies.

Johnson’s been informed by the independent advisor for ministerial code that following investigation, Priti Patel has broken said codes and should be removed from her post.

Johnson has decided she didn’t and that the matter is closed.

The independent advisor for ministerial code has repeated their findings and resigned.

Brilliant.

Boris is a spineless t**t...and the first PM EVER to not sack a Minister for demonstrably breaking the Ministerial Code.

It was also the source of his worst ever pun when he said "I'm sticking with Pritt" (yes those actual words cam out of his actual mouth:confused:)
That just about it sums him up - childish, arrogant, and not taking the job seriously.

But Pritt didn’t break the rules just like Dom didn’t break the lock down rules.

But Pritt didn’t break the rules just like Dom didn’t break the lock down rules.

They probably would have been found to have broken the rules if they weren't Pritt and Dom though.

The ministerial code is only guidance.
It seems the Civil servants were intentionally obstructive and Priti expressed her concerns in "no uncertain terms".
Fair play to her.
"The high pressure and demands of the role, in the Home Office, coupled with the need for more supportive leadership from top of the department has clearly been a contributory factor. In particular, I note the finding of different and more positive behaviour since these issues were raised with her."
Maybe the Civil Servants have the issue rather than the minister?
You can read the report blurb here a whole page of it. https://assets.publishing.service.g...37010/Findings_of_the_Independent_Adviser.pdf

You do love defending your mates, their bendy rules and extremely low standards... #ToryfanboyNo1 . . . is it like the Dennis the Menace Fan Club?....do you get a badge or something?:ROFLMAO:

Bullying has no place....anywhere, and a person of her position should know and act better. It is pretty shameful to see that as some kind of strength simply because she is ignorant and lacks the basic interpersonal skills (or any discernible skills for that matter) to treat people any differently. It is also pretty synonymous with the entire Tory hard Brexit right wing takeover and the palpable sense of superiority, entitlement and an air of "listen to us because we know best" they all have in common. An alternate universe where luminaries such as Marc Francois are seen as intellectual big thinking policy setters. Where Machiavellian invertebrates such as Rees-Mogg, Gove, Jenkin, Michael Sickofant, Irritable Duncan-Syndrome and John f**king Redwood lurk in the shadows pulling as many strings as they can grasp at whilst hordes of "on message" Spads do their dirty work in the corridors and committee rooms.

Honour, morality, integrity and leadership are bereft in the Tory top team and its influencers. If Johnson wants to know what leadership with integrity looks like, he ought to look directly across the floor at PMQ's. But I'm not sure he actually cares. His Premiership has become an unsurprisingly chatoic, disorgansied mirror of his own shambles of a private life and he simply lacks the minerals to be anything better.

Not to worry though....the further Johnson and his cronies take the Tories down the shitter, the longer they will be out of power in the not so distant future. Do your worst TinyTrump.

I’ve supported and voted for the Tory party since 1979 through the good and bad times. The bullshit that goes with each government that even their own voters don’t want, happens.
But Dear Boris I voted for you because I feel you are the best choice to lead this government through the worst thing that has happened in 95% of the U.K.s population also with taking us out of Europe, I thought a leader with strength, but no you have shown to be spineless and you could be the single cause for voters to change where they put their X in the next election, that’s if you are still PM.

The ministerial code is only guidance.
It seems the Civil servants were intentionally obstructive and Priti expressed her concerns in "no uncertain terms".
Fair play to her.
"The high pressure and demands of the role, in the Home Office, coupled with the need for more supportive leadership from top of the department has clearly been a contributory factor. In particular, I note the finding of different and more positive behaviour since these issues were raised with her."
Maybe the Civil Servants have the issue rather than the minister?
You can read the report blurb here a whole page of it. https://assets.publishing.service.g...37010/Findings_of_the_Independent_Adviser.pdf

You mean like lockdown rules are only guidance when Big Dom breaks them, but clear and critically important rules when students do?

You do love defending your mates, their bendy rules and extremely low standards... #ToryfanboyNo1 . . . is it like the Dennis the Menace Fan Club?....do you get a badge or something?:ROFLMAO:

Bullying has no place....anywhere, and a person of her position should know and act better. It is pretty shameful to see that as some kind of strength simply because she is ignorant and lacks the basic interpersonal skills (or any discernible skills for that matter) to treat people any differently. It is also pretty synonymous with the entire Tory hard Brexit right wing takeover and the palpable sense of superiority, entitlement and an air of "listen to us because we know best" they all have in common. An alternate universe where luminaries such as Marc Francois are seen as intellectual big thinking policy setters. Where Machiavellian invertebrates such as Rees-Mogg, Gove, Jenkin, Michael Sickofant, Irritable Duncan-Syndrome and John f**king Redwood lurk in the shadows pulling as many strings as they can grasp at whilst hordes of "on message" Spads do their dirty work in the corridors and committee rooms.

Honour, morality, integrity and leadership are bereft in the Tory top team and its influencers. If Johnson wants to know what leadership with integrity looks like, he ought to look directly across the floor at PMQ's. But I'm not sure he actually cares. His Premiership has become an unsurprisingly chatoic, disorgansied mirror of his own shambles of a private life and he simply lacks the minerals to be anything better.

Not to worry though....the further Johnson and his cronies take the Tories down the shitter, the longer they will be out of power in the not so distant future. Do your worst TinyTrump.

Behave.
She probably told them straight they were being obstructive and needed to shape up.
"Bullying" when nobody said a word at the time? Nobody started or noted a complaint?
Maybe they didn`t like being told the reality by a woman? Or maybe it was racism....
Sometimes blistering the paint on the walls is the only way to get things done.

Crack on Priti.

You mean like lockdown rules are only guidance when Big Dom breaks them, but clear and critically important rules when students do?

The lock down guidance and law have changed and (most of) the world has moved on.
1 bloke in a car with his bubble/family or a few hundred students at a house party......which is the highest risk?

Behave....would be some extremely good advice for Ms Patel to follow, as opposed to throwing her weight around like some middle management relic from the 80's.

I am surprised that you are this behind the times in your view of management as a public sector worker. You must have respect at work, diversity, equal opportunity and all those modern day new-fangled "namby-pamby" methods shoved down your throat at every available opportunity!

Its not Boris but I can`t be bothered to start a thread...... Mr Macron telling the Muslims straight that France is a secular country.
Can`t see this ending well myself...
It might be troublesome, but France has been clear on this for centuries now. It is a secular state. For a President to say anything different would be significant. Of course, the USA should be in the same situation, but has failed to separate religion from state for so long that its tedious, despite it being the country's whole raison d'etre. Britain has always been mealy-mouthed about it, with a chunk of the population claiming "Christian values" while only ever having seen the inside of a church at christenings, weddings and a pissed-up midnight mass.

"Bullying" when nobody said a word at the time? Nobody started or noted a complaint?

Behave.

"Home Office permanent secretary Philip Rutnam resigned at the weekend, claiming that Patel had “created fear” in the department and that his attempts to convince her to change her behaviour had “created tension” between him and the home secretary.

Yesterday it was reported that a former civil servant took an overdose and received a five-figure payout from the Department for Work and Pensions after alleging that she was bullied by Patel, who was an employment minister at the time"

That's from Postmodern Marxist Civil Service World.

Back
Top Bottom