National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

I think this strengthens the theory that Johnson will be gone before the spring. Let's face it, it was Cummings running the show - but he has now scarpered before even more of the sh!t hits the fan. Johnson is no good as PM, he is not hard working enough, can't focus on the detail (even his own MPs say this) and looks way out of his depth both to the public and his own MPs. Who on earth they put in instead of him, I can't imagine. Sunak is the only one who has come out of this whole farrago with any degree of public approval and surely it is too early for him? Gove would be a laughing stock, the Hon Member of the 17th Century seems to have disappeared, the others in the public eye (Hancock? Patel?) are surely not in the running...
Would prefer Sunak but don’t think it matters how early considering that Sir Kier promoted Annalise Dodds is shadow chancellor with only a short period as an MP

Like the 2m social distancing rule that would have prevented the need for isolation?

2 metres reduces the odds... it doesn`t negate it completely.
He`s been advised by the app because of the time spent in the positive persons company.

I think this strengthens the theory that Johnson will be gone before the spring. Let's face it, it was Cummings running the show - but he has now scarpered before even more of the sh!t hits the fan. Johnson is no good as PM, he is not hard working enough, can't focus on the detail (even his own MPs say this) and looks way out of his depth both to the public and his own MPs. Who on earth they put in instead of him, I can't imagine. Sunak is the only one who has come out of this whole farrago with any degree of public approval and surely it is too early for him? Gove would be a laughing stock, the Hon Member of the 17th Century seems to have disappeared, the others in the public eye (Hancock? Patel?) are surely not in the running...

No chance.
The 1922 will burden him with a whole pile of "stuff" first. Sort Covid & Brexit for a start...
If (big one) he comes out with a pile of policies that engages Parliament and, dare I say, is more centralist he could see some of the grey suits off.
Sunak has to be front runner if it came to it, but it`s far easier being seen in a positive light when there is someone else taking the flak.
JRM is never going to go for it. Gove looks after Gove and doesn`t have enough allies. Hancock or Patel need "something" to make them more appealing.

No chance.
The 1922 will burden him with a whole pile of "stuff" first. Sort Covid & Brexit for a start...
If (big one) he comes out with a pile of policies that engages Parliament and, dare I say, is more centralist he could see some of the grey suits off.
Sunak has to be front runner if it came to it, but it`s far easier being seen in a positive light when there is someone else taking the flak.
JRM is never going to go for it. Gove looks after Gove and doesn`t have enough allies. Hancock or Patel need "something" to make them more appealing.

Some ability would help as well with Hancock and Patel. I know this hasn't stopped Johnson though.

Hancock was woeful on Good Morning Britain earlier, a car crash of an interview. I think Labour would welcome both Patel or Hancock as Tory leader.

Some ability would help as well with Hancock and Patel. I know this hasn't stopped Johnson though.

Hancock was woeful on Good Morning Britain earlier, a car crash of an interview. I think Labour would welcome both Patel or Hancock as Tory leader.
Yes. Hancock was poor on Question Time last week. He states the obvious over and over again and twists questions so that he can give the same answers. I know he's not the only one who does it but PM, no!!

No chance.

"Something"?

Yeah, "something" like the death of everyone in the country except those two!

"Something"?

Yeah, "something" like the death of everyone in the country except those two!

You know what I mean. There is a need for political leaders to have a level of character, gravitas or knowledge to stand there and take the flak. Boris has character, as does Kier, just in far different ways.

As for Piers Morgan ........ well he is probably creaming himself over the twatter meltdown with his "boycott bollox" when he himself said he wouldn`t let a minister on GMB while DC was working there.

You know what I mean. There is a need for political leaders to have a level of character, gravitas or knowledge to stand there and take the flak. Boris has character, as does Kier, just in far different ways.

As for Piers Morgan ........ well he is probably creaming himself over the twatter meltdown with his "boycott bollox" when he himself said he wouldn`t let a minister on GMB while DC was working there.

While Piers Morgan is on the odious side, he and Susanna Reid had this spot on. That Hancock can't handle doing an interview by Susanna Reid or Piers Morgan really doesn't stand well for him.

Biggest ‘defence’ spending increase since the Cole War announced. Over £16B, most of which is being chucked at the space and cyber divisions. Dommie’s still here. He’s just at home instead of inside Number 10, purring over the blueprints to the OneWeb satellite system he got us to buy earlier this year. No wonder we didn’t want to feed kids.

Biggest ‘defence’ spending increase since the Cole War announced. Over £16B, most of which is being chucked at the space and cyber divisions. Dommie’s still here. He’s just at home instead of inside Number 10, purring over the blueprints to the OneWeb satellite system he got us to buy earlier this year. No wonder we didn’t want to feed kids.

With the previously announced increase in defence spending, the article I read suggests the increase will be around £24bn. Although the MOD still have to close a £13bn gap in the equipment budget which will suggest the selling off/scraping of old & becoming obselete equipment.

Hardly purring, I reckon. [Private Eye1535 p39] says it "won't actually enable gps but might improve broadband services.... if enough satellites successfully get into orbit in the first place."

It also says (my paraphrase) Elon Musk's SpaceX has 844 satellites up and can launch 60 at a time, Bezos' Blue Origin is also getting satellites up. Oneweb plans to launch 35 in December which will total 110, from Vostochny Cosmodrome - it needs 650.

No longer paraphrasing.

As a former supplier employee, it was never clear what OneWeb was for, although Coca Cola was keen on pop-up bars in the desert according to the brochures. The business model is far from clear and the remaining investors are Softbank and Bharti. My expectation is that for our 42% share we will be investing lots more in a vanity project in a niche market before it's conveniently forgotten. Even if a market somehow exists the footprint will be swallowed whole by the leaders before OneWeb carries live traffic.
Just my opinion.

Oh yeah. More from Private Eye, the government "has refused the Eye's FoI requests for the 'business case' on which the acquisition went ahead (generally published for other projects) and stone stonewalled requests from shadow science minister Chi Onwirah on the scientific and business advice on the project."

Three cheers for rugger (fvck football)

"Non-league football will be given support however, with £11m going to the National League."

Bit hard to say elite football is "hard up" when Deloitte estimated revenue of around £5.1 billion pre-Covid.

It might (might!) force the Premiershit to refocus or trot off for their global super league.

Oh yeah. More from Private Eye, the government "has refused the Eye's FoI requests for the 'business case' on which the acquisition went ahead (generally published for other projects) and stone stonewalled requests from shadow science minister Chi Onwirah on the scientific and business advice on the project."

Business case would be outside of a FOI on the grounds of commercial confidentiality would it not?

Even if it was :poop::poop:

Hardly purring, I reckon. [Private Eye1535 p39] says it "won't actually enable gps but might improve broadband services.... if enough satellites successfully get into orbit in the first place."

It also says (my paraphrase) Elon Musk's SpaceX has 844 satellites up and can launch 60 at a time, Bezos' Blue Origin is also getting satellites up. Oneweb plans to launch 35 in December which will total 110, from Vostochny Cosmodrome - it needs 650.

No longer paraphrasing.

As a former supplier employee, it was never clear what OneWeb was for, although Coca Cola was keen on pop-up bars in the desert according to the brochures. The business model is far from clear and the remaining investors are Softbank and Bharti. My expectation is that for our 42% share we will be investing lots more in a vanity project in a niche market before it's conveniently forgotten. Even if a market somehow exists the footprint will be swallowed whole by the leaders before OneWeb carries live traffic.
Just my opinion.

It can't be conveniently forgotten as the Govt will be responsible, at least partly, for any possible clean ups etc should there be problems.

Back
Top Bottom