National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

I'm not a Tory actually, and I believe the Government's performance is a 5/10. Not happy but not unhappy. Some indecisiveness at important times. I really don't like the idea of trying to get people back to work to save sandwich shops when this is the golden opportunity to really protect the environment and change the way we all live.

However, I don't see which of our alternative parties would have done a better job and now we need some decisiveness as the lockdown debate kicks up again and importantly the furlough scheme winds down.

However the article above was a discredited conspiracy theory and fake news needs to be highlighted.
You are Donald Trump and I claim my £10.

Twatter strikes again.
Something gets posted/shared and becomes "gospel" yet the reality is lost in the froth.
:rolleyes: (y)

Meanwhile - a Tory MP has put forward the National Health Service (Co-funding and Co-Payment) Bill - which has passed it's first stage with no debate.

It basically says that *your* treatment on the NHS will have to be co-funded by *you* either through a straight cash payment or insurance (and no, your NI contributions don't count). This is a Private Members bill and has *little* (but not 'no') chance of being passed - but pretty disgraceful that this is even being put forward really. It is a step along the road to a USA-like system that will provide the rich with better health care than the poor.

This has been going on and debated for years in Parliament. I actually don't have a problem with this assuming the threshold for contributions is put in place and set at an appropriate level. If James Dyson needed surgery for instance, why not let him pay for it with the savings from moving his production to Singapore and from his £16 billion fortune?

Government in another spectacular bit of Fuckwittery with their Kent permit bureaucracy:

"easiest deal in history" they said.

"taking back control" they said

"an end to unnecessary red tape" they said

"project fear" they said

?????

1600940273461.png

Government in another spectacular bit of Fuckwittery with their Kent permit bureaucracy:

"easiest deal in history" they said.

"taking back control" they said

"an end to unnecessary red tape" they said

"project fear" they said
I can't really laugh about this. What headlines would Boris be writing about this if he was "journalist" still?? Maybe they can put up a soft border around Kent like the one in the Irish Sea.

I can't really laugh about this. What headlines would Boris be writing about this if he was "journalist" still?? Maybe they can put up a soft border around Kent like the one in the Irish Sea.
Still time to amend the internal markets bill and add in Kent as a satellite state isn't there?

Maybe the Isle of Thanet will become an offshore tax haven, thus enabling all those Tory donors to move their money closer to home :LOL:

Well we did own a fair chunk of France for a while............ the cheese eating surrender monkeys are just bearing a grudge.

Operation Stack is in place as well................. because said cheesy monkeys are on strike, again.

Well we did own a fair chunk of France for a while............ the cheese eating surrender monkeys are just bearing a grudge.

Operation Stack is in place as well................. because said cheesy monkeys are on strike, again.
Oh dear.... what year have we regressed to?

Actually, I think you'll find he "rondez-vouez with Janet quite near the isle of Thanet" but whether she was actually from Thanet, we can only speculate.

I'd rondez-vouez with Janet
Quite near the Isle of Thanet
She looked more like a gannet
She wasn't half a prannet
Her mother tried to ban it
Her father helped me plan it
And when I captured Janet she bruised her pomegranate

Back
Top Bottom