National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

I dont have strong political allegiances generally, and have voted both red and blue. But these lot. Wow. Corrupt, inept, entitled, self serving, arrogant, callous, lying, almost evil in some cases.

Im 36 and i have never encountered a worse government.

By the time you get to your mid fifties you will have!! ? ?

There are ways to avoid OJUE regulations on tendering during a crisis.
Look hard enough and lots of people across Europe will have done it.

The rich will benefit..... not us. C`est la vie.

Just because others are doing it, doesn't make our Govt doing it and enriching their mates ok.

Just because others are doing it, doesn't make our Govt doing it and enriching their mates ok.

There is a substantial difference between "Signing a £20 million contract with MyMate.com" and any financial transactions actually taking place.

There is a substantial difference between "Signing a £20 million contract with MyMate.com" and any financial transactions actually taking place.

Is there? Why are all these Tory donors and mates of Dom getting contracts then?

When it comes to physical goods a contract can be agreed at Department of Health level.
Think back to all the companies wanting to produce PPE..... some got "Call Off Contracts" ,they were allowed to supply to the terms & conditions of a contract.
That would have been "in writing" with an audit trail, and steps to weed out the dubious ones.
However,if an NHS Trust doesn`t buy anything from the call off contract, no money changes hands.
Its the same with contracts for agency staff, software etc etc. If we don`t use it or buy it we don`t pay.
Our Trust has 5,500+ contracted suppliers, we don`t use them all, so some earn nothing but have an NHS contract as an approved supplier.

Of course there may be high level exceptions to the day to day stuff but they are few and far between.

When it comes to physical goods a contract can be agreed at Department of Health level.
Think back to all the companies wanting to produce PPE..... some got "Call Off Contracts" ,they were allowed to supply to the terms & conditions of a contract.
That would have been "in writing" with an audit trail, and steps to weed out the dubious ones.
However,if an NHS Trust doesn`t buy anything from the call off contract, no money changes hands.
Its the same with contracts for agency staff, software etc etc. If we don`t use it or buy it we don`t pay.
Our Trust has 5,500+ contracted suppliers, we don`t use them all, so some earn nothing but have an NHS contract as an approved supplier.

Of course there may be high level exceptions to the day to day stuff but they are few and far between.
So that makes it OK to dish out contracts to your mates sans competition?

How many billions has been provided for the furlough scheme?
Arrant nonsense.
You really are my very own Mark David Chapman. Don’t be shy, hand me that vinyl. It’s getting awkward now.

“Ignore the blokes shaking the cash out of the fruity, Rishi’s got the beers in!”

Didnt Bojo proclaim his Brexit strategy was 'oven ready' ?.....bet his driver doesnt need a face mask theyll need breathing apparatus with the lying buffoon's constantly burning underwear :oops: ....

So that makes it OK to dish out contracts to your mates sans competition?

I didn`t say that.
I said that, if no public sector body spends money under the contract, it`s worth the sum total of nothing.

We have many framework contracts, some are local (County),some are UK wide,some are EU wide, where many organisations can benefit from a collective price on products.
That goes from printer paper to state of the art tech.
We can buy robotic heart valve kits for the same price as our colleagues in Germany, France etc.
Nobody gets them cheaper or gets to cut their own deals.
Generically this is a good thing as lots of research and development in the early stages is done within the NHS by the private sector/supplier.
Some contracts oblige you to buy X amount of kit if you sign up to them.
Other contracts offer volume discounts.
Some offer prompt payment discount on invoice totals.
All perfectly legit, audited and above board.
However if organisations don`t buy the products then the supplier makes/earns nothing.
A contract, whilst legally binding in many aspects, is not a "blank cheque".

I didn`t say that.
I said that, if no public sector body spends money under the contract, it`s worth the sum total of nothing.

We have many framework contracts, some are local (County),some are UK wide,some are EU wide, where many organisations can benefit from a collective price on products.
That goes from printer paper to state of the art tech.
We can buy robotic heart valve kits for the same price as our colleagues in Germany, France etc.
Nobody gets them cheaper or gets to cut their own deals.
Generically this is a good thing as lots of research and development in the early stages is done within the NHS by the private sector/supplier.
Some contracts oblige you to buy X amount of kit if you sign up to them.
Other contracts offer volume discounts.
Some offer prompt payment discount on invoice totals.
All perfectly legit, audited and above board.
However if organisations don`t buy the products then the supplier makes/earns nothing.
A contract, whilst legally binding in many aspects, is not a "blank cheque".
You are missing the point. You are describing framework contracts that have been 'won' under competition. These haven't been put out to tender so is the price being paid* fair to us or it is creating super profits for someone?

*I'm assuming that if the Government has gone to the trouble, expenses (our money) of setting up the contracts they are using them.

You really are my very own Mark David Chapman. Don’t be shy, hand me that vinyl. It’s getting awkward now.

“Ignore the blokes shaking the cash out of the fruity, Rishi’s got the beers in!”
Not really, I like your posts, very entertaining.

You do have a tendency for posting outlandish rubbish that just begs to be called out though.

Back
Top Bottom