National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

If voting is a personal and private decision how can anyone even suggest that tactical voting took place. People voted freely and for the party that they chose at the ballot. Anyone suggesting this is illegal or immoral is eithe Donald trump or thick as pigs**t.

You brought up housing and infrastructure and the chance of the system collapsing. One of the major problems in a number of areas is 2nd homes and far more so than 10/20/30,000 Asylum Seekers, whose numbers won't break the system. That would be why as it is breaking up local communities and turning some places into ghost towns/villages for significant periods of the year. As those places lose schools, shops, pubs and community meeting places. I'm not talking about buy to let where somebody still lives there year round but actual 2nd homes.
How many “2nd” homes are there in England?
Anyone ?

If voting is a personal and private decision how can anyone even suggest that tactical voting took place. People voted freely and for the party that they chose at the ballot. Anyone suggesting this is illegal or immoral is eithe Donald trump or thick as pigs**t.
It’s not illegal or immoral but it certainly looks that way but if you believe it want then maybe you’re as thick as pig s**t

It’s not illegal or immoral but it certainly looks that way but if you believe it want then maybe you’re as thick as pig s**t
Paranoid nonsense

The Tories get an absolute drubbing in two by-elections and all the fanboys and girls can do is cry foul.

You lost, get over it :ROFLMAO:

And yet the polling shows only a c.6 percentage-point gap between Tory and Labour. Partygate will be long forgotten by the time of the next GE so Labour will need something new to continue to hold their slender polling lead.
If Boris remains in post, he’ll continue to crash through scandal after scandal. Partygate maybe forgotten, but most likely dwarfed by an even bigger middle finger to the British public.
Labour won’t need to do much, Boris will get them into power.

If Boris remains in post, he’ll continue to crash through scandal after scandal. Partygate maybe forgotten, but most likely dwarfed by an even bigger middle finger to the British public.
Or, more to the point, he'll make sure the Tories aren't in power.

Straight Labour victory?....not so sure.

Progressive unity alliance (to counter the division the Tories will try to sow)?.....just maybe.....

I’ve really struggled to understand what you have written there. I’m assuming you disagree somewhat. If it’s my choice to go to a polling station freely and without hindrance and no one has put pressure on me how I vote please explain where anything has not worked democratically? Both parties at both electios put up candidates and put the efforts that they felt appropriate to their chance of winning and neither suggested that their supporters shouldn’t vote that way.

I now live in west Oxfordshire and lean left of centre(surprise surprise) and my choice to vote how I like has been narrowed by circumstances. At the next election I will choose to vote Liberal Democrats, and probably that way for as long as I live here. My choice. My freedom. And it’s very frightening for senior politicians calling foul play on people exercising their freedom of choice.

As I said before if you disagree with the freedom to choose how you vote and you believe in democracy then you are either Donald Trumpesq or thick as pigs**t

Paranoid nonsense

The Tories get an absolute drubbing in two by-elections and all the fanboys and girls can do is cry foul.

You lost, get over it :ROFLMAO:
I never mentioned the bi election. As I’ve said until that t**t is out I won’t be voting as I couldn’t lower myself to support Labour or the Lib Dems now @Sheik djibouti get over that 🤣

I’ve really struggled to understand what you have written there. I’m assuming you disagree somewhat. If it’s my choice to go to a polling station freely and without hindrance and no one has put pressure on me how I vote please explain where anything has not worked democratically? Both parties at both electios put up candidates and put the efforts that they felt appropriate to their chance of winning and neither suggested that their supporters shouldn’t vote that way.

I now live in west Oxfordshire and lean left of centre(surprise surprise) and my choice to vote how I like has been narrowed by circumstances. At the next election I will choose to vote Liberal Democrats, and probably that way for as long as I live here. My choice. My freedom. And it’s very frightening for senior politicians calling foul play on people exercising their freedom of choice.

As I said before if you disagree with the freedom to choose how you vote and you believe in democracy then you are either Donald Trumpesq or thick as pigs**t
You vote for whoever that’s your choice but if you start dishing crap that’s your choice but be prepared to get some back if the situation arises. Libdem a will never govern this country only as a coalition and like the Tories did they didnt pay attention much to clegg and his merry band and I can assure the boring SKS will do the same if they have to go into a coalition to govern the country
But if you’re going to get personal trust me I will give as much as you do.

Mid term bi elections don’t mean much more of a protest vote but wait till the GE then we will see how much the country feel different to the previous election.
If Boris is still in charge then he’s on for a good spanking unless he and the rest of the government come up with something that is eye watering and gets the backing of the country.
If however if he is ousted and a more decent politician is voted in by their colleagues then that might be enough for them to be re-elected.

Time will tell. Who knows it may even be another woman……something that Labour will never do and I doubt whether the Libdems will ever have either.

On another note hearing from the Ukraine that the first in to help after the invasion were the British.
Lib Dems had a female leader at the last election.

You vote for whoever that’s your choice but if you start dishing crap that’s your choice but be prepared to get some back if the situation arises. Libdem a will never govern this country only as a coalition and like the Tories did they didnt pay attention much to clegg and his merry band and I can assure the boring SKS will do the same if they have to go into a coalition to govern the country
But if you’re going to get personal trust me I will give as much as you do.
I get that you are angry at me but to get your point across it would help if you bothered to sanity check it before posting because I really struggle to make any real sense of your posts.

I explained my point fairly succinctly twice and all your reading is that I think you are thick.

Politics isn’t personal. It’s points of view.

Nothing wrong with tactical voting as long as you have a full range of candidates from the major parties.

As an example here in "Red" Leicester (West) Labour holds sway.

Last GE we had the choice of Lab, Con, LibDem, BP, and the Greens.

If the LibDems withdraw to focus elsewhere then 2,000 folks who went out and voted lose their first preference.

The Brexit Party are a busted flush and the Greens may also decide to be "progressive" and look elsewhere.

That makes almost 5,000 people who voted either disenfranchised or voting for "second best".

And under FPTP it moves us even further from ever getting proper PR.

Nothing wrong with tactical voting as long as you have a full range of candidates from the major parties.

As an example here in "Red" Leicester (West) Labour holds sway.

Last GE we had the choice of Lab, Con, LibDem, BP, and the Greens.

If the LibDems withdraw to focus elsewhere then 2,000 folks who went out and voted lose their first preference.

The Brexit Party are a busted flush and the Greens may also decide to be "progressive" and look elsewhere.

That makes almost 5,000 people who voted either disenfranchised or voting for "second best".

And under FPTP it moves us even further from ever getting proper PR.
Had a colleague in a Scottish seat where the only real options at the last election were snp ( leave the union) or tories ( leave the other union)
And he wanted to stay….. totally agree with pr….

The polling advantage is quite slim though even despite the depths being plumbed by BJ right now. This level of scandal will have to continue. And Labour will even need a larger polling advantage than at present to avoid a hung parliament.

polling advantage is quite slim though even despite the depths being plumbed by BJ right now. This level of scandal will have to continue. And Labour will even need a larger polling advantage than at present to avoid a hung parliament.

If Johnson remains leader, the one thing that can be pretty much guaranteed is that this level of scandal will continue.

I never mentioned the bi election. As I’ve said until that t**t is out I won’t be voting as I couldn’t lower myself to support Labour or the Lib Dems now @Sheik djibouti get over that 🤣
Giving yourself away there Bazza.

You clearly think that anyone and everyone is below those who are Tories, regardless of what their policies might be.

Why is that?

Are you going to tell me it is because the last Labour Government single-handedly "bankrupted the country" (in the middle of a global financial crisis), even though debt has gone UP under the Tories?

Would you like to tell me that Labour are the party of high tax, even though there have been 15 tax increases under this Tory government and we now have the highest personal tax burden in 70 plus years.

Or maybe it is there care for the vulnerable and elderly, that makes them attractive....no?
Or maybe it's the "growth industry" of food banks? https://www.trusselltrust.org/news-and-blog/latest-stats/end-year-stats/
Or NHS waiting lists (which were already massive and growing pre-pandemic)? https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/apr/14/number-of-people-on-nhs-waiting-lists-in-england-at-record-high#:~:text=NHS data shows 6.2 million,waiting more than two years.
Or what about law and order - has that improved, now they are replacing the 21000 Police officers they got rid of in the first place?https://fullfact.org/crime/police-numbers/

OR maybe it was all the reasons I gave in this post https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/boris-johnson-pm.2699/post-551708?

So what it is, exactly, that sets them above and superiror to all other subjects in this green and pleasant land?

I'm just not seeing it!

• React
Reactions: QR
Back
Top Bottom