National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

Either Johnson or Cummings are lying. But by process of elimination, on this occasion at least one of them has to be telling the truth.

Are you suggesting you believe that person to be Boris Johnson??

Surely they could both be lying somehow. It just seems more likely - despite what logic may dictate.

Surely they could both be lying somehow. It just seems more likely - despite what logic may dictate.
Possibly, although i can’t see much point in Cummings lying at this stage. Otherwise Johnson could just confidently deny all the accusations, and the Press would turn Cummings into a laughing stock supported by Johnson’s backbenchers and his loyal supporters.

The critical point is Johnson can’t deny the allegations. Instead he’s resorted to setting up a pointless enquiry (he already knows the answer too) to find out if he attended the parties.

Cummings has backed him into a corner and there doesn’t appear to be a way out for the PM.

Possibly, although i can’t see much point in Cummings lying at this stage. Otherwise Johnson could just confidently deny all the accusations, and the Press would turn Cummings into a laughing stock supported by Johnson’s backbenchers and his loyal supporters.

The critical point is Johnson can’t deny the allegations. Instead he’s resorted to setting up a pointless enquiry (he already knows the answer too) to find out if he attended the parties.

Cummings has backed him into a corner and there doesn’t appear to be a way out for the PM.
...through the refrigerator, Narnia wardrobe style?

"I know it’s not going well Prime Minister, but look on the bright side - at least his staff at Number 10 know how to pack a suitcase."
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Turn? "Eye test" Cummings is one of an ever decreasing band of people that is less reputable than our PM....

I agree but in this case another source, according to Sky News, has backed his account about warning the PM about the party.

I see the Tory majority is down by anther one as the MP for Bury South crosses the floor to Labour....

Self inflicted as well with the Chief Tory Whip apparently threatening the Bury South MP with changing the constituency boundaries so he'd lose his seat. Oops.

What was more damaging was David Davis's statement to the PM - 'In the name of God, go' - pretty powerful stuff from a sitting MP who is a stalwart of the party.
Agreed

Still, with Wakeford crossing the floor, it's one less letter that can go to the 1922 committee, so not all bad for Bojo ;)

Self inflicted as well with the Chief Tory Whip apparently threatening the Bury South MP with changing the constituency boundaries so he'd lose his seat. Oops.
Gerrymandering is alive and well it would seem! :mad:

Gerrymandering is alive and well it would seem! :mad:
So it would seem

I think it was also the Chief Whip that Lindsay Hoyle kept having to tell to pipe down or he'd have him removed at PMQ.

Such a stand up guy!

Does anyone else think "crossing the floor" (irrespective of direction) should trigger an automatic by-election?

Same as MP`s kicked out of their party?

That aside - it really ticked off a lot of Labour supporters on the left of the party who think KS is "turning blue". 🤷‍♀️

Does anyone else think "crossing the floor" (irrespective of direction) should trigger an automatic by-election?

That aside - it really ticked off a lot of Labour supporters on the left of the party who think KS is "turning blue". 🤷‍♀️

Yep. (In answer to the questions)

Yes if they stood for particular party. No if they are truly independent.

Back
Top Bottom