National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

I bet the Met Police bouncers wished they'd stopped the suitcase handler from going into Downing Street because they were wearing trainers.

This statement from the Met is beyond mind blowing.

Fantastic - If I am a bit out of order at the match later and decide to run onto the pitch to celebrate a last minute winner, I'll just assure the arresting officer that there is nothing to concern them and point out that they shouldn't question me as I may incriminate myself in any answer I provide! This appears to be the Met's approach to investigating the parties - if the accused says there's no case and that they don't want to talk further in case of letting something slip, that's ok!!

Ye Gods.

Fantastic - If I am a bit out of order at the match later and decide to run onto the pitch to celebrate a last minute winner, I'll just assure the arresting officer that there is nothing to concern them and point out that they shouldn't question me as I may incriminate myself in any answer I provide! This appears to be the Met's approach to investigating the parties - if the accused says there's no case and that they don't want to talk further in case of letting something slip, that's ok!!

Ye Gods.
What the Met, and Government, have done is make every Police officers job in the land that much harder.

What the Met, and Government, have done is make every Police officers job in the land that much harder.
Which is partly why they are not fit to govern and the Met now have some very serious questions to answer.

You would have thought they would at least get a lawyer to check over the press statement before they release it....to just check that it was, y'know, lawful and everything.

Absolute state of it!

Last edited:

Ye Gods.
Isnt that claiming what Yanks refer to as the 5th amendment ? .... I didnt realise that we finally have a constitution and bill of rights in the UK - perhaps it was slipped through parliament on a late night session, while the media were distracted by revelations of a catalogue of lock down busting parties?...... I really wouldn't be surprised by anything this sad excuse of a government impose , and very likely sneaked in through the back door!

Well - you don't have to say anything when questioned. But that doesn't automatically mean that you didn't do anything wrong.

The UK has had a Bill of Rights since 1689 and it remains in force to this very day.

The right to silence is "common law" and it is for a jury to decide whether the refusal to answer questions is because you have no satisfactory answer to the charges.

The UK has had a Bill of Rights since 1689 and it remains in force to this very day.

The right to silence is "common law" and it is for a jury to decide whether the refusal to answer questions is because you have no satisfactory answer to the charges.
fair point... albeit its not 'all that' as Bills of Rights go (IMO)- it outlines some constitutional and civil rights, and more so gives Parliament power over the monarchy

more recent legislation however implies that if you exercise your right to silence ( under caution), you're probably hiding something

fair point... albeit its not 'all that' as Bills of Rights go (IMO)- it outlines some constitutional and civil rights, and more so gives Parliament power over the monarchy

more recent legislation however implies that if you exercise your right to silence ( under caution), you're probably hiding something
Indeed. It may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court

It's only with the advent of legislation brought in to (allegedly) combat terrorism that refusal to answer can be deemed incriminating for certain offences.

And as a point of order m'lud, if you subsequently divulge something in court, you surely have given up your right to silence.....

It is however odd that those working (and partying) in and for the highest office would systematically refuse to fully cooperate with a Police investigation by keeping schtum, if one were deemed necessary.

The Police justification for not investigating because they were told there was no wrongdoing (by those doing the wrong) and nobody would talk to them about it anyway, is pure farce.

Last edited:
Of course, IF (and that is a pretty big word in this context, given that it's the Mail!) Starmer was having a party where invitations were sent out, 30 people turned up etc etc that would be reprehensible (although I am sure the Johnson apologists on here would be quick to defend Starmer on the basis that this was a works gathering!). What that seems to be is a grainy photo of a bloke in a room with his work colleagues (even the article says that!). Desperate stuff.

Besides, isn't the point not *solely* these stupid parties? It's the lying (to both the HoC and the public), the self-serving cronyism, awarding multi million pound contracts to mates, trying to cover up a Tory MPs sleaze by changing the rules, thinking things you tell the rest of us to do don't apply to you etc etc. The party nonsense is just one facet of a rotten, rotten administration.

This is all part of Operation "Save Big Dog", :ROFLMAO: no doubt.

Desperate times call for desperate measures, I guess....

Shame it will blow up in his face (again).

🎶Nowhere to run to Bojo, nowhere to hide🎶

Back
Top Bottom