National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

I'm going on the reports where Tory voters were saying they were not going to vote Tory because of Johnson and the Govt. Some of the drop will undoubtedly be down to it being a by-election.
What I’m trying to get at without having an argument is let’s say for eg the election 10 people voted 3 voted for Labour 6 voted for the Tory party and the other 4 1 for each so the majority was 50%. Now this by-election 9nly has 4 c
Votes 1 for Labour 2 for the Tory party and 1 each for the others still 50% but less voters so not so much of a majority.
No I haven’t read the news article.but yes I’m sure there are Tory voters who don’t want to vote for Boris but not nearly 19,000.and if they didn’t vote they surely didn’t want the other parties to be their MP.

What I’m trying to get at without having an argument is let’s say for eg the election 10 people voted 3 voted for Labour 6 voted for the Tory party and the other 4 1 for each so the majority was 50%. Now this by-election 9nly has 4 c
Votes 1 for Labour 2 for the Tory party and 1 each for the others still 50% but less voters so not so much of a majority.
No I haven’t read the news article.but yes I’m sure there are Tory voters who don’t want to vote for Boris but not nearly 19,000.and if they didn’t vote they surely didn’t want the other parties to be their MP.

The other parties winning was never a risk in this seat. As a I said, that it is a by-election is a factor but likewise based on the articles (including from right wing media) plenty of the near 19k will be down to not voting because of Johnson and co.

If that is replicated across other Tory seats in the next GE (assuming Johnson is still PM) then it could have a considerable impact for some sitting MPs.

The other parties winning was never a risk in this seat. As a I said, that it is a by-election is a factor but likewise based on the articles (including from right wing media) plenty of the near 19k will be down to not voting because of Johnson and co.

If that is replicated across other Tory seats in the next GE (assuming Johnson is still PM) then it could have a considerable impact for some sitting MPs.

I know it will

Influences on electorate:
It was a by-election so turnout was well down. It was also a cold day!
Like or dislike of the national Parties.
Like or dislike of individual candidates.

Conservatives 29,786
Labour 10,834

Conservatives 11,189 (fall of 62.4%)
Labour 6,711 (fall of 38.1%)

Make of it what you will.

Influences on electorate:
It was a by-election so turnout was well down. It was also a cold day!
Like or dislike of the national Parties.
Like or dislike of individual candidates.

Conservatives 29,786
Labour 10,834

Conservatives 11,189 (fall of 62.4%)
Labour 6,711 (fall of 38.1%)

Make of it what you will.
Better explained than I could have done, thanks

who'd have thought it, Tory PM under pressure from his back benches goes all law and order (even if the threats to middle class cocaine users could take in quite a number of them by the reports of the drug testing of Westminster toilets)

Haven’t responded to this thread before but here’s my hot take.

Boris Johnson and Allegra Stratton are f*****g C***s. Twats of the highest order. He’s a s**t who would be fired in any other job in life and gets away with it time after time. I wouldn’t P**s on him if he was on fire. GE as soon as possible. He needs to be voted out ASAP.

This has been edited to remove some of the ruder comments I have to make about him.

Haven’t responded to this thread before but here’s my hot take.

Boris Johnson and Allegra Stratton are f*****g C***s. Twats of the highest order. He’s a s**t who would be fired in any other job in life and gets away with it time after time. I wouldn’t P**s on him if he was on fire. GE as soon as possible. He needs to be voted out ASAP.

This has been edited to remove some of the ruder comments I have to make about him.
But only last week you were saying he could organise a P**s up.....

Oh.

I think the official line of “All the rules were followed at the Party that did not happen” is more insulting to the public than the current video of Allegra Stratton.

They’re taking us all for mugs again.

There is no where for BJ to hide now, any further planned lockdowns will not be taken seriously by the public, especially over Christmas.

So, let me get this right.............

The Allegra S video has been "sat on" for a year by everyone who was in the room?

Said video has "only just" surfaced?

People are complaining that some people, working many hours, over many days, had some drinks and food AT WORK with the people they worked with?

Still its great for Twitter traffic where folk can "Hear you" and "See you". 🤷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom